Proctors at the Los Angeles Convention Center Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
santoki

Silver

Proctors at the Los Angeles Convention Center

Post by santoki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:43 am

These ladies somehow found something to talk about every 2-3 minutes and didn't think it was necessary to whisper. I could hear them through my earplugs while the security guards near the bathrooms are just conversing and laughing. We deserve +20 points as far as I know.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Re: Proctors at the Los Angeles Convention Center

Post by estefanchanning » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:38 am

I was livid. Also every fucker who kept sliding how chair on the floor needs to have their tits ripped.

Underoath

Bronze

Post by Underoath » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Ontario was annoying too because a proctor was standing right next to me flirting with the female proctor. It was highly annoying. At one point I wanted to say "shhh". Next time, I'm going to raise my hand and tell another proctor that I would appreciate it if they will stop talking. It's very rude and disrespectful. But hopefully there won't be a next time for me.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:14 pm

It depends on the examinee. I didn't use earplugs and never heard a thing. You could drop a bomb in the room, I'd barely notice. When I does me MBE, I gets like hungry bear and digs away at it. :twisted:

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Underoath wrote:Ontario was annoying too because a proctor was standing right next to me flirting with the female proctor. It was highly annoying. At one point I wanted to say "shhh". Next time, I'm going to raise my hand and tell another proctor that I would appreciate it if they will stop talking. It's very rude and disrespectful. But hopefully there won't be a next time for me.
I would have definitely said something or made sure to communicate via the death ray stare I've developed. You've paid how much to take this exam? Oh hell no.

Having said that, bar examinees are stressed out and on edge. I used to work at a hotel across the street from the convention center..back then it was a Marriott, and bar examinees were the most nitpicky, wound up people on the face of the Earth, but it's a stressful time and so any additional stressors would just be magnified. I remember one guy kept insisting that every pillow case he got stank like someone else had used it. We changed his bedding multiple times, at his request, his room was cleaned every day, his linens were changed every day. I think he was just so on edge and stressed out that he was particularly sensitive to everything.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

masonjarrr

New

Post by masonjarrr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:32 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
Underoath wrote:Ontario was annoying too because a proctor was standing right next to me flirting with the female proctor. It was highly annoying. At one point I wanted to say "shhh". Next time, I'm going to raise my hand and tell another proctor that I would appreciate it if they will stop talking. It's very rude and disrespectful. But hopefully there won't be a next time for me.
I would have definitely said something or made sure to communicate via the death ray stare I've developed. You've paid how much to take this exam? Oh hell no.

Having said that, bar examinees are stressed out and on edge. I used to work at a hotel across the street from the convention center..back then it was a Marriott, and bar examinees were the most nitpicky, wound up people on the face of the Earth, but it's a stressful time and so any additional stressors would just be magnified. I remember one guy kept insisting that every pillow case he got stank like someone else had used it. We changed his bedding multiple times, at his request, his room was cleaned every day, his linens were changed every day. I think he was just so on edge and stressed out that he was particularly sensitive to everything.

Getting American Psycho vibe from that guy. Did you guys manage to take a look at his self care products?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:13 pm

masonjarrr wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Getting American Psycho vibe from that guy. Did you guys manage to take a look at his self care products?
LOL, we probably should have. He was really upset about the whole thing. If one of the maids had gone missing he would have been my first suspect, because he liked to have the maid come in and change the linens while he was in the room to make sure it was done...and then before the night was over he would call down and complain that those pillowcases had been previously used. :?

If I had been wiser, I would have just taken some petty cash and bought him a pillow case in the package from Target.

But we were so innundated with angry, stressed out people that he kinda blended in at the time.

masonjarrr

New

Post by masonjarrr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
masonjarrr wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

LOL, we probably should have. He was really upset about the whole thing. If one of the maids had gone missing he would have been my first suspect, because he liked to have the maid come in and change the linens while he was in the room to make sure it was done...and then before the night was over he would call down and complain that those pillowcases had been previously used. :?

If I had been wiser, I would have just taken some petty cash and bought him a pillow case in the package from Target.

But we were so innundated with angry, stressed out people that he kinda blended in at the time.
That maid should consider herself lucky

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm

masonjarrr wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
masonjarrr wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

That maid should consider herself lucky
I think we all felt lucky when the bar exam was over. Years later, I understand why people get wound up and go a little crazy, but back then I just wanted all these people to leave.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”