Anyone on here take the Ohio bar exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

Anyone on here take the Ohio bar exam?

Post by Lawworld19 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Looking for any advice for this exam.

Thanks in advance!

sprintin23

New

Re: Anyone on here take the Ohio bar exam?

Post by sprintin23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I took it and passed in back in Feb. All I can say is stick to the CRAC formula and watch your time.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm

sprintin23 wrote:I took it and passed in back in Feb. All I can say is stick to the CRAC formula and watch your time.
Few questions. Do you remember your score break down? How many distinctions did you really know? Did you feel like you were going to pass going in?

Seeing what MBE score I need to get and how hard it is to get 4's on the essays essentially.

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:20 pm

I got a 142 on the MBE. I have to find the envelope with the rest of the scoring information so I will try to get back to you on that. Going in, I had a neutral feeling from it being February and the pass rates being dismal. However, I had a game plan to play fast and loose when It came to the essays. I was never really sure I was going to pass until they released the list. The easier the essay question, the harder it is to get a 4.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:41 pm

sprintin23 wrote:I got a 142 on the MBE. I have to find the envelope with the rest of the scoring information so I will try to get back to you on that. Going in, I had a neutral feeling from it being February and the pass rates being dismal. However, I had a game plan to play fast and loose when It came to the essays. I was never really sure I was going to pass until they released the list. The easier the essay question, the harder it is to get a 4.
What were you scoring on the practice MBE's?

And did you have to bs some essays?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:49 pm

I was averaging from 70 to 77 percent on the practice essays. That test was funky all around. I had to BS only two from what I remember. I bs'd evidence and corporations and got a 2 and a 5. I thought I killed Secured transactions but only ended up with a 4.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:24 pm

sprintin23 wrote:I was averaging from 70 to 77 percent on the practice essays. That test was funky all around. I had to BS only two from what I remember. I bs'd evidence and corporations and got a 2 and a 5. I thought I killed Secured transactions but only ended up with a 4.

70-77 percent on the practice essays or the multiple choice?

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:
sprintin23 wrote:I was averaging from 70 to 77 percent on the practice essays. That test was funky all around. I had to BS only two from what I remember. I bs'd evidence and corporations and got a 2 and a 5. I thought I killed Secured transactions but only ended up with a 4.

Woops! I meant multiple choice. I am attempting to multi-task today.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:34 pm

sprintin23 wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:

Woops! I meant multiple choice. I am attempting to multi-task today.

No problem and 70-77 percent on themis or barbri or past ncbe tests?

And did you know most of the Ohio distinctions? Or sometimes just applied majority law on essays.

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:44 pm

It was on past NCBE tests. I know it is late in the game, but do study on real NCBE questions! How I feel about Barbri's MBE questions is a theme for another day. Know as much Ohio distinctions as you possibly can. To me, the distinctions are likely to pop up in contracts, torts, and criminal law so be on the look out for them. Just stay focused, don't panic if you get a funky question, and stick to your game plan.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”