OPE 4 v. 100 of 210 NCBE MBE Qs or Both? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LexBoogie

New

OPE 4 v. 100 of 210 NCBE MBE Qs or Both?

Post by LexBoogie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Need some advice for the last few days of studying.

I'm a repeat taker (July 17 MBE 139; Feb 18 MBE 126 (very unprepared for Feb, didn't event get to review evidence)). Using adaptibar for MBE practice (overall avg. 62% (similar to avg for July 17 prep)). I have not taken a 100 Q or 200 Q timed practice exam and planned on taking OPE 4 Wednesday morning and spending the rest of the day reviewing explanations and writing rules for missed Qs. However, I have not done 100 of the 210 recently released NCBE Qs with explanations that I purchased from JD advising back in February. I know that Adaptibar includes the 210 Qs; but, it is difficult to discern whether you've taken any unless you cross-referenced Adaptibar's Qs with the 210. I like to procrastinate, but not that much. If I missed the memo and there is another way to isolate the 210 Qs in Adaptibar, please let me know.

With all of that, I'm thinking that my time may be better spent on using the 100 newer Qs for my timed practice exam on Wednesday because they allegedly reflect the current style and format of MBE Qs. Since one week before the exam is no time for indecisiveness, I have no clue on how to spend Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Oh and I haven't done any practice MPTs and do not want to walk into the exam cold.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the options listed below. Thanks in advance!!

Option I:
- On Wednesday, do/review (incl. writing missed rules) OPE 4 under timed/test conditions.
- On Thursday and Friday, do/review 100 (50 each day) of the 210 recently released NCBE MBE Qs (purchased from JD advising with explanations back in February) in the morning, and do/review two timed MPTs during the afternoon/evening.

Option II:
- On Wednesday, do/review (incl. writing missed rules) OPE 4 on under timed/test conditions.
- On Thursday and Friday, do/review 2-3 timed MBE practice sets (17 Qs each) via Adaptibar on my weakest and highly tested areas in the morning, and do/review two timed MPTs during the afternoon/evening.

Option III:
- On Wednesday, skip OPE 4 altogether and do/review the 100 recently released NCBE Qs under timed/test conditions.
- Stick with Option II's plan for Thursday and Friday.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”