What's your adaptibar % and # of Qs answered Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
estefanchanning

Bronze

What's your adaptibar % and # of Qs answered

Post by estefanchanning » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm

75% based on 800 questions.

Was hoping on doing all the questions, but that doesn't seem possible. My goal is 1500.

maiden42

New

Re: What's your adaptibar % and # of Qs answered

Post by maiden42 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 pm

1,017 questions at 68.9%.

Not planning to do too many more randomly generated ones (I need to focus on essays), but will hit OPE 3 before game day. I did OPE 4 last Friday.

Baller31

New

Post by Baller31 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 am

77.6%, 1370 questions. Started from the beginning without looking at outlines though and did full sets.

MurdockLLP

Bronze

Post by MurdockLLP » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:19 pm

Starting to get real nervous over here. Was averaging about 70-75% for my daily 50 questions on adaptibar; only hit 62% on my daily 50. Am I just burnt out or stupid? Is it time to walk away from the program?

CLSGumbo

New

Post by CLSGumbo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:37 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:Starting to get real nervous over here. Was averaging about 70-75% for my daily 50 questions on adaptibar; only hit 62% on my daily 50. Am I just burnt out or stupid? Is it time to walk away from the program?
dont get nervous. it was only 50 qs. if you did 200 then maybe. there's always probability you'll get 50 hard qs out of adaptibar, whereas actual bar you have 200 ques of a range of difficulty. look to the average

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EIWIsMyFetish

New

Post by EIWIsMyFetish » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm

overall, 72.2% with 2,297 questions answered

since July 1st, 76.7% with 860 questions answered

civ pro is just my downfall at this point

nthp

New

Post by nthp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:46 pm

I've answered over 2,000 questions. I started out with an embarrassingly low average. With each question though, I wrote out by hand the answers I got wrong, and looked over the answers I chose to find out why the right answer was the better answer. I did mixed questions from the beginning without having studied all of the subjects. So my overall score reflect my study method (and how little I remembered from law school). It is at 60.7 percent. My average in July has been between 70-80 percent with over 870 answered. This includes repeat questions, which to be honest I don't remember even answering 99% of them, so they are like new to me. I find it surprising how I can remember absolutely nothing about a repeat question.

I'm still worried about passing though.

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 pm

nthp wrote:I've answered over 2,000 questions. I started out with an embarrassingly low average. With each question though, I wrote out by hand the answers I got wrong, and looked over the answers I chose to find out why the right answer was the better answer. I did mixed questions from the beginning without having studied all of the subjects. So my overall score reflect my study method (and how little I remembered from law school). It is at 60.7 percent. My average in July has been between 70-80 percent with over 870 answered. This includes repeat questions, which to be honest I don't remember even answering 99% of them, so they are like new to me. I find it surprising how I can remember absolutely nothing about a repeat question.

I'm still worried about passing though.

Yeah I started when I didn’t know shit. 1500+ questions, now I don’t dip below 70% on a daily, closer to 75-80

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am

1,600+ questions at 81% (plus Emanuel's book's 400 questions at 75% from 1-2 months ago). Third time that I get Adaptibar though (probably I did 5,000+ questions altogether) and every time, for some reason, I score around 5% worse on the exam compared to my practice. This time I saw a bigger improvement adding Emanuel to the equation. Usually, my practice average score used to improve 5% every time, adding Emanuel it jumped by 10%.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

supersonicfast

New

Post by supersonicfast » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am

MAY THE BRAGGING CONTINUE....

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:32 pm

supersonicfast wrote:MAY THE BRAGGING CONTINUE....
I don't know if that was referred to me but saying that I failed the bar 3 times and that now, after getting adaptibar THREE TIMES (consistently scoring 5% less than my practice, which is not good), I'm getting 80% (no shit) is bragging, then what can I say?

The OP probably started the post to have an idea on how other people are doing and I'm sure that giving my input, as others did, may be helpful. Besides, everyone should be aware that there are people scoring 60% on 400 questions and pass the exam on their first try, and other people do thousands and thousands of questions scoring 80+% and still fail. Information is always useful.

JusTrynnaPass

New

Post by JusTrynnaPass » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 pm

71.6% after 2201 questions. 77.8% over the past 1000 questions so that makes me feel better.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:
I don't know if that was referred to me but saying that I failed the bar 3 times and that now, after getting adaptibar THREE TIMES (consistently scoring 5% less than my practice, which is not good), I'm getting 80% (no shit) is bragging, then what can I say?

The OP probably started the post to have an idea on how other people are doing and I'm sure that giving my input, as others did, may be helpful. Besides, everyone should be aware that there are people scoring 60% on 400 questions and pass the exam on their first try, and other people do thousands and thousands of questions scoring 80+% and still fail. Information is always useful.
Averaged 92% over the last 300-400 questions going into the test. I would LOVE to experience a 5% drop on the real test and secure a 187-188 raw score, but I'm not taking any bets on it. That test was nasty. I'll save any bragging for the real thing, there's a lot of variables in this sadistic rodeo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Smiddywesson wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:

Averaged 92% over the last 300-400 questions going into the test. I would LOVE to experience a 5% drop on the real test and secure a 187-188 raw score, but I'm not taking any bets on it. That test was nasty. I'll save any bragging for the real thing, there's a lot of variables in this sadistic rodeo.
I don’t know about your written portion but your MBE score should be really high. I remember Joe Seperac’s statistics and the majority of people who underperform on the MBE never score below 10% of their practice score. I remember that my underperformance was already “severe” and it was still only 5% worse than practice. I would love to know your score as soon as you’ll know the results! For now hang in there ;)

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:02 am

Nightcrawler wrote:
Smiddywesson wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:

I don’t know about your written portion but your MBE score should be really high. I remember Joe Seperac’s statistics and the majority of people who underperform on the MBE never score below 10% of their practice score. I remember that my underperformance was already “severe” and it was still only 5% worse than practice. I would love to know your score as soon as you’ll know the results! For now hang in there ;)
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I have to say two things about Adaptibar that I haven't heard being discussed out there. Having the averages of how people are doing within your state and nationwide is worth two bottles of sleeping pills. It really helps with the anxiety. Second, walking into the exam with a high percentage gives you the confidence to deal with a lot of anxiety. Day One was a nightmare, with a gliched touchpad that randomly inserted my cursor in random locations of the document, and barely being able to cut and paste. Without a high percentage in Adaptibar to hold out the promise of being able to offset that damage in Day Two, I would have been a nervous wreck.

I found another user yesterday who got a 172.2 score in the MBE. He was sporting an 85% going into the test. I had a 92%, so maybe that will offset the nightmare that was Day One. If not, well I got me a date in July with a very ugly lady. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”