Better on Barbri Q's than Emanuel Q's? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LurkerG

New

Better on Barbri Q's than Emanuel Q's?

Post by LurkerG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Everday I do the assigned MBE q's for barbri and then will do about 20-35 extra MBE q's from Emanuel S&T 6th edition. I'm finding that I'm usually doing better on the barbri q's (around 60%-71%) than the Emanuel Q's (50%-63%). Which are more representative of actual q's on the MBE? I got a 117/200 (59% for 46th percentile) on the simulated MBE a few weeks ago and my score has pretty much stayed in this range no matter how many times i read over CMR, handouts, flashcards, and go over the q's I got wrong and why. Even with a steady stream of practice q's everyday. Should I be worried? I've read that Emanuel is supposed to be way easier than barbri's and are closer to those on the actual bar but I keep scoring poorly.

kyle010723

Silver

Re: Better on Barbri Q's than Emanuel Q's?

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 pm

I found Emanuel to be generally harder than Barbri questions. But that might also be because I was so used to doing Barbri questions, Emanuel just looked different.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:11 pm

I am taking themis which uses a lot of real questions but the majority are made by themis. I started going through S & T and the same happened to me. I ended up promising myself I would go through the whole book just to make sure I don't get blindsided by the exam. The whole book is only like 400-600 Q's. We still have easily enough time to grind the whole book down if you started today. I am about have way.

LurkerG

New

Post by LurkerG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I found Emanuel to be generally harder than Barbri questions. But that might also be because I was so used to doing Barbri questions, Emanuel just looked different.
That's kind of how I felt although now my performance is much better on E&T and about the same on barbri. Which one's would you say you found to be more like the questions on the actual bar exam?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

LurkerG wrote: That's kind of how I felt although now my performance is much better on E&T and about the same on barbri. Which one's would you say you found to be more like the questions on the actual bar exam?
I want to say I remember Emanuel to be more like the actual bar, but I honestly cannot remember. I remember the bar being different from barbri in one important way: barbri’s questions were generally very well written and if you knew the rule-albeit sometime obscure-you can pick the right answer, whereas I remember the bar questions felt like they were rushed, somewhat poorly written, and not proofed. I walked out of the MBE feeling like I failed for sure (and I was doing generally fairly well on Barbri, Emanuel, Adaptibar, etc), but I ended up doing very well on the MBE, so who knows.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”