Good idea to focus on predicted MEE topics? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
adil91

Silver

Good idea to focus on predicted MEE topics?

Post by adil91 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 pm

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/j ... edictions/

This website seems to have a good track record predicting the MEE topics on the UBE. Would it be a good strategy to focus on the topics predicted by the website? I will of course review all the mee topics but given the fact that we have don't have an unlimited amount of time between now and the July bar, does it make sense to maybe study these topics twice as much as the other MEE topics?

max_p

New

Re: Good idea to focus on predicted MEE topics?

Post by max_p » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:26 pm

That is exactly what I'm doing. I've been continuously reviewing the abbreviated outlines for the six topics listed on that website. By the time of the exam I will probably have spent about twice the time on those topics. Other than that, I've been doing a lot of family law only because it is the only topic I didn't take in law school.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:11 pm

There's a risk involved for sure. Ideally, you'll get around to making yourself comfortable with any subject that could be thrown at you on the exam. Comfortable of course does not require expertise.

But risks aren't always a bad thing; if you think that you're just not going to have enough time to cover everything then focusing on predictions by those who have taken the time to review the data isn't such a bad idea. A little bit of luck will be required here.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

juliejul

New

Post by juliejul » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:40 pm

That's exactly what I did, and while there's some risk, I think it's a smart use of your (limited) time.

I had a really, really hard time understanding secured transactions, and it wasn't predicted to be on my exam (Feb '18), so I really just studied it enough to have a VERY basic grasp and be able to throw some key terms and definitions into an essay answer. Even then, the exam tested sub-topics I didn't even really study (like civ pro...I didn't even have sanctions on my outline), so make sure you're well-prepared to BS an answer :-)

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Also wondering if it's worth finding out the precise topics that were tested in the Feb '18 exam for each of the subject? What's the likelihood that they'll test the exact same topic within a subject back to back?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:34 pm

adil91 wrote:https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/j ... edictions/

This website seems to have a good track record predicting the MEE topics on the UBE. Would it be a good strategy to focus on the topics predicted by the website? I will of course review all the mee topics but given the fact that we have don't have an unlimited amount of time between now and the July bar, does it make sense to maybe study these topics twice as much as the other MEE topics?
Their predictions are scary accurate - like predicting 5 (or even all) of the MEE subjects. The lowest I think I've ever heard them get right is four.

Just looking at the frequency chart, you can guess three yourself. To be safe, you can take those subjects and add a few more (like 3 or four), and you should cover the ME. As stated, know enough to BS an answer for the others.

My $.02

R15E

New

Post by R15E » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Anyone have Prof. Heilman's predictions for July 2018? (Barbri)

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 am

maroon175 wrote:Also wondering if it's worth finding out the precise topics that were tested in the Feb '18 exam for each of the subject? What's the likelihood that they'll test the exact same topic within a subject back to back?

bump

Mobster1983

New

Post by Mobster1983 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:38 pm

I used that website to focus my studying for the MEE. I still reviewed all topics, but with limited time due to my clerkship I focused my study on their predictions for Feb 18. Five were on the money and I scored a 154 on the written portion. Felt very comfortable on most of the essays due to my increased focus on these areas.

LurkerG

New

Post by LurkerG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:37 pm

That's what I'm doing but I'm feeling low on time and so I read every barbri essays in the MEE book on the predicted topics and outlined the issues with the applicable rules figuring that those are probably going to be the most commonly tested issues and rules I would most likely need to know. My state always tests Professional Responsibility and specific state distinctions based on the past essays the state board lets you order so I've been making sure to have that down too (which means at most 5 of the MEE topics will be tested). But I'm still worried that I'm hedging my bets too much. Anyone take a similar approach at all?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”