Re-takers and Barbri's Simulated exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tropicalvibezz

New

Re-takers and Barbri's Simulated exam?

Post by tropicalvibezz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 am

Any re-takers planning to take Barbri's Simulated exam? I've taken it twice in the past and am wondering if it is worth retaking again or to supplement a different test instead. I'm worried I will know what the answers are and it won't accurately reflect my score.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: Re-takers and Barbri's Simulated exam?

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:58 pm

tropicalvibezz wrote:Any re-takers planning to take Barbri's Simulated exam? I've taken it twice in the past and am wondering if it is worth retaking again or to supplement a different test instead. I'm worried I will know what the answers are and it won't accurately reflect my score.
Big waste of time for re-takers imho, but not because you might know the answers. It's a waste of time because you already know what it feels like to take the exam.

It's more efficient to you your time answering MBE and essay questions, and then reviewing the answers immediately. There's no reason to go through 6+ hours of answering questions before reviewing your answer.

tropicalvibezz

New

Post by tropicalvibezz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:46 pm

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:
tropicalvibezz wrote:Any re-takers planning to take Barbri's Simulated exam? I've taken it twice in the past and am wondering if it is worth retaking again or to supplement a different test instead. I'm worried I will know what the answers are and it won't accurately reflect my score.
Big waste of time for re-takers imho, but not because you might know the answers. It's a waste of time because you already know what it feels like to take the exam.

It's more efficient to you your time answering MBE and essay questions, and then reviewing the answers immediately. There's no reason to go through 6+ hours of answering questions before reviewing your answer.
Do you think it is worth it to take some form of a test (whether its a full length MBE or half MBE) to build endurance?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:55 pm

tropicalvibezz wrote:
FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:

Do you think it is worth it to take some form of a test (whether its a full length MBE or half MBE) to build endurance?

I'd say it depends on your experience the last time you took the MBE. Did you finish in time, did you feel rushed, or did you have to guess on the last couple of questions? If you felt too worn out or mentally foggy during the last hour of the real MBE, then it might be a good idea to build up your stamina. But imho, its much more beneficial to tackle the MBE one question at a time. Give yourself a maximum of 1.5 minutes per question. Many questions should be answered in under 1 minute. Keep doing that on a question-by-question basis instead of looking at the test in 100 question segments.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”