Anyone have Themis average in 50's and still pass? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

Anyone have Themis average in 50's and still pass?

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Scoring on multi sets roughly 50-58%. Just very frustrating and pretty scary.

Neilt001

Re: Anyone have Themis average in 50's and still pass?

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am

Lawworld19 wrote:Scoring on multi sets roughly 50-58%. Just very frustrating and pretty scary.
See the Themis thread. it's full of people in the same boat as you. You're still weeks away so don't worry.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Just focus on learning from your mistakes. Of course, it's very helpful to pull that up about 10 percentage points but focusing on the score won't get you there as quickly as learning from each mistake. You're really not very far off from where you need to be to pass the MBE.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Neilt001 wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:Scoring on multi sets roughly 50-58%. Just very frustrating and pretty scary.
See the Themis thread. it's full of people in the same boat as you. You're still weeks away so don't worry.

Just started hitting low to mid 60's and last practice mixed set (50) I hit 70%. I think I was worrying to early on. Keeping my head down and I am seeing progress.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:59 am

I'm in a similar "very frustrating and pretty scary" mode at the current moment as well. I'm taking Themis and I am consistently hitting 60% - 65% on the multi sets. No sort of improvement. Its ridiculous.

I did 150 multi set questions today. I wanted to toss my laptop through a window by the end because I could not get above 65%. I got maybe 7 wrong on the last set simply because my reading comprehension dropped beyond repair.

My main concern now is that I have absolutely no grasp on the non MBE subjects. I think I might have to settle on 60-65% on move on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:50 am

jcwest wrote:
I'm in a similar "very frustrating and pretty scary" mode at the current moment as well. I'm taking Themis and I am consistently hitting 60% - 65% on the multi sets. No sort of improvement. Its ridiculous.

I did 150 multi set questions today. I wanted to toss my laptop through a window by the end because I could not get above 65%. I got maybe 7 wrong on the last set simply because my reading comprehension dropped beyond repair.

My main concern now is that I have absolutely no grasp on the non MBE subjects. I think I might have to settle on 60-65% on move on.

I am in the same boat as you. Been doing much better on practice sets. Maybe its when I take them out of the book rather than the computer I do better? IDK?

I just got a 54% on PT 4. Been hitting 60-70% on mixed.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:

Just started hitting low to mid 60's and last practice mixed set (50) I hit 70%. I think I was worrying to early on. Keeping my head down and I am seeing progress.
Glad to hear it! Keep up the good work. There really is no substitute for just doing as many MBE PQs as you can up until the bar. You learn new rules each time and you'll only get better and better. That's why the more of the course you complete, the greater your chances of passing. Definitely agree that lack of progress can be frustrating. I remember feeling like I was getting worse and worse as the bar approached and thinking that everything was pointing to a big fat fail. But ended up doing great.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm

jcwest wrote:

hey, I had the exact same experience. I wanted to smash my laptop against the wall each time because, try as I might, I couldn't score above like 65% or 68%, and that really continued up until the bar exam. So I figured all was lost. But ultimately it turned out that doing all those questions (I did about 2400) just taught me more and more rules and, by the time the bar rolled around, I had a good enough foundation to score really well. My advice is to keep doing PQs, keep learning from your mistakes, and don't worry so much. It's hard not to pass if you do over 2000 PQs and make sure to learn from each one.

OneShot2009

New

Post by OneShot2009 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:28 pm

I was stuck in the low 60s, with erratic dips into the 50s and 70s. What really helped me was going into quiz builder and just focusing on one topic at a time until I felt like I truly understood how the MBE tested the topic (and the specific sub-topics that were killing me.) By sticking on one subject for a few hours I could see the rules applied immediately and retained them. This helped me improve a ton when I went back to the mixed sets and I saw a definite increase.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”