LA Bar. Strategy for getting through all the material? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Bubbles1012

Bronze

LA Bar. Strategy for getting through all the material?

Post by Bubbles1012 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:29 am

I am doing BarBri for the LA bar and getting through all this material literally seems impossible. I am still on Code III and don’t see how I can watch every lecture, get through every outline, and do every practice problem assigned. Anyone who has taken this before have any recommendations on what to skip? Any lectures you remember being a waste? Is it really necessary to go through the big outlines, the handouts and the CMRs. Would you recommend focusing on big outlines or CNRs if I was to ditch one book?

barmagot

New

Re: LA Bar. Strategy for getting through all the material?

Post by barmagot » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 pm

lectures can be done at 1.5x speed; skip the 10 minute breaks also. That should mean the lecture is over/done with in 2 hours, then you have rest of the day for problems/other material

tiffannybrown

New

Re: LA Bar. Strategy for getting through all the material?

Post by tiffannybrown » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:09 pm

I took LA bar 3 years ago, and now i am studying for NY. The beauty of LA is its all writing, and they repeat verbatim the old exams. I would skip the lectures (obviously depending, if you are getting a lot from them dont), but i would just go straight to doing as many practice exam questions as you can. Do them, write them out and then look at the answers. Thats all the exam is, I think its the best (really only way to study).

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”