Criticalpass Flashcards Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
perplixityparanoia

New

Criticalpass Flashcards

Post by perplixityparanoia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Can anyone share how you used CP Flashcards? Should I try to memorize word for word? Or any suggestion how these cards helped you for MBE and MBE related topic essays?

siriuslysaucy422

New

Re: Criticalpass Flashcards

Post by siriuslysaucy422 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 pm

I use my CP cards to review.

On the side with the legal concept, I made up questions, based on the notes side. This helps prompt my memory on the concept.

For example, for the Crim Pro "arrest" card. I wrote: What is an arrest? What is required for an arrest?

I try to answer the question and then I flip the card and read CP's notes. I do this even if I've paraphrased the answer correctly.

I review the cards every morning and evening. I start to mix the subjects when I feel confident I have a handle on each subject.

kingkonglaw

New

Re: Criticalpass Flashcards

Post by kingkonglaw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:28 pm

perplixityparanoia wrote:Can anyone share how you used CP Flashcards? Should I try to memorize word for word? Or any suggestion how these cards helped you for MBE and MBE related topic essays?
I used flashcards as a way to segment out MC questions I got wrong to essentially flag rules and subjects that i was shaky on, got an incorrect answer on, or did not know the answer to.

For example:

During the review portion of a 25 question MC set. I got say 7 questions wrong. I identified what rules were covered in those 7 questions, found the corresponding flashcards and assembled a mini-deck with those cards. As this built up over my practice (both for MC and essays) I was able to build an attack-deck of rules that I did not know as well versus rules that I was comfortable with/had correctly answered in practice.

This allowed me to segment my practice by prioritizing rules I had answered wrong as well as focusing on rules more likely to appear on the bar exam (https://www.studicata.com/memorize) to make a condensed and prioritized study set of BLL that was tailored to my personal strengths and weaknesses.

I feel like this is one of the best ways to identify what you need to focus on in your bar prep and these tools are invaluable to hone in on those strengths and weakness and ultimately bolster the weaknesses so you are adequately prepared come exam day.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”