PMBR 3-Day Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CrewDawg

New

PMBR 3-Day

Post by CrewDawg » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 am

I am currently preparing for the Florida July Bar with Kaplan. I am exactly 3 days ahead and scoring in the low 60’s in all MBE topics.

Is the PMBR 3-day worth it? Is the PMBR 3-day different questions than what Kaplan already provides?

I’ve been supplementing with Adaptibar and I could just do more of those questions instead?

Thanks in advance!

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: PMBR 3-Day

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

If you have Adapitbar, there is no reason to do PMBR. I didn't even know PMBR was still in existence.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Low 60s is pretty good and you want to try to bring that up to the very high 60s and ideally the low 70s. It may be worth it since the questions are not going to be the same as the questions you're getting from Adaptibar and sometimes there is a benefit to working through questions from a variety of sources since different companies can come about the issues slightly differently. I'd say if you're already overwhelmed with questions, skip PMBR. But if you've got time in your schedule, it wouldn't be a bad move to incorporate it.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 pm

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:If you have Adapitbar, there is no reason to do PMBR. I didn't even know PMBR was still in existence.
They weren't but they are back. Like a zombie!

NonbindingPrecedent

New

Post by NonbindingPrecedent » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:54 pm

PMBR is owned by Kaplan now and not what it once was. Back in 2006 PMBR got sued by NCBE for copyright infringement (see https://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents ... d1065p.pdf -- the story is actually quite interesting. The original founder of PMBR was literally caught sneaking out notes from the MBE exam). Part of what made PMBR so good was the fact they were given your LITERALLY COPIED MBE questions still in circulation.

After getting hit with the multi-million copyright judgment, the founders of PMBR jumped shipped and sold to Kaplan. Initially Kaplan rode off of PMBR's name and called themselves "Kaplan PMBR". Eventually Kaplan went full service and dropped the PMBR name. Now they are bringing it back to try to compete in the MBE supplement market (i.e. Adaptibar and Barmax).

Considering you are taking Kaplan especially, I would not expect much from the PMBR product. The team working on it is probably the same content/curriculum team working on Kaplan's full service product. Thus, you are effectively buying just more questions and analysis written by the same team. I think Adaptibar is better value and gives you real NCBE questions.

If you are looking for more questions and explanations for the MBE, I would recommend Emmanuel's Fintz Multistate Method. His questions are fairly well written and think the quality of his explanations surpass any other product on the market. Its also a WHOLE lot cheaper then any of the other supplemental products.

CrewDawg

New

Post by CrewDawg » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 pm

I am very thankful for everyone's insightful comments. I believe I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at this moment and was thinking I could just spend more money at the problem. I will double down on learning the Black Letter Law, Adaptibar questions, and look into the suggested Emmanuel supplemental material for an additional style/source of questions. Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”