Barbri Contracts & Sales Lecture Videos Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nicolena.

Bronze

Barbri Contracts & Sales Lecture Videos

Post by Nicolena. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 am

Is it just me OR does this barbri video for Contracts & Sales kind of suck? I'm in the middle of the second video.

I'm really starting to think about abandoning this video series for Contracts and just thoroughly review the barbri conniver. Any thoughts?

Calbears123

Bronze

Re: Barbri Contracts & Sales Lecture Videos

Post by Calbears123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 am

It wasn't the best but seeing as the lectures cover 80%-90% of the material you'll find on the mbe/essays (my estimate from having hit 500 adaptibar questions so far) it is probably worth watching. I just finished the 3rd lecture video and it was worth it for a solid 70% right on contract questions running adaptibar.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 am

Is Prof David Epstein still the one doing this lecture? If so, he's the only entertaining lecturer of the bunch.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:21 am

Calbears123 wrote:It wasn't the best but seeing as the lectures cover 80%-90% of the material you'll find on the mbe/essays (my estimate from having hit 500 adaptibar questions so far) it is probably worth watching. I just finished the 3rd lecture video and it was worth it for a solid 70% right on contract questions running adaptibar.
I figured as much. Thank you. Appreciate your input.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 am

Nicolena. wrote:
Calbears123 wrote:It wasn't the best but seeing as the lectures cover 80%-90% of the material you'll find on the mbe/essays (my estimate from having hit 500 adaptibar questions so far) it is probably worth watching. I just finished the 3rd lecture video and it was worth it for a solid 70% right on contract questions running adaptibar.
I figured as much. Thank you. Appreciate your input.
I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive. You can get the same info from reviewing the mini conviser outlines without having to sit through those god awful lectures.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greatheights

New

Post by greatheights » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

I watched the first lecture and skipped lectures two & three. Not sure if I'll go back to listen.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Watch it at 2x (or whatever the next speed is)

miss_scalia

New

Post by miss_scalia » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Does anyone know what percentage of the course we're supposed to be at right now? It used to say what are predicted overall percentage completed of the course would be, but now it just says how much we're expected to finish each day...which i find pretty useless.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:40 am

miss_scalia wrote:Does anyone know what percentage of the course we're supposed to be at right now? It used to say what are predicted overall percentage completed of the course would be, but now it just says how much we're expected to finish each day...which i find pretty useless.
I believe we’re supppsed to be at 34%. Mine still shows under the meter icon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

miss_scalia

New

Post by miss_scalia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 am

Nicolena. wrote:
miss_scalia wrote:Does anyone know what percentage of the course we're supposed to be at right now? It used to say what are predicted overall percentage completed of the course would be, but now it just says how much we're expected to finish each day...which i find pretty useless.
Hmm interesting. Where exactly does it show that? Mine just says "expected progress" for the day. I was hoping to see something like "expected completion" of the program to see if i'm on pace. Some days I get assigned way too much, and I am not sure if that is part of the plan.

sprinx

New

Post by sprinx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 am

miss_scalia wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Hmm interesting. Where exactly does it show that? Mine just says "expected progress" for the day. I was hoping to see something like "expected completion" of the program to see if i'm on pace. Some days I get assigned way too much, and I am not sure if that is part of the plan.
Yes the expected progress is where you're supposed to be at in order to complete the program "on time." Basically if you stay at the pace at least, you'll be done with the program by the weekend or so before your bar exam. If you want to see when you're expected to be done, just scroll through to see when your last assignments will be.

cannonball

New

Post by cannonball » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am

I thought the video was terrible as well. The worst multi-state lecture so far. The problem with straight up reading the outline or the CMR is that it takes so much longer to learn the information. In the end I slogged my way through the lectures and will be reviewing the the CMR.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”