SERIOUS ? ABOUT BARBRI LECTURES Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bdadon

New

SERIOUS ? ABOUT BARBRI LECTURES

Post by bdadon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm

I have been attending the live lectures. However, I feel it is more productive to watch the lectures late at night and spend a full day doing some practical work. How do other people feel about this?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: SERIOUS ? ABOUT BARBRI LECTURES

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm

bdadon wrote:I have been attending the live lectures. However, I feel it is more productive to watch the lectures late at night and spend a full day doing some practical work. How do other people feel about this?
Do what you feel is more productive after you make an honest self assessment of your review habits. IMHO, those lectures are a HUGE WASTE OF TIME, but the completed lecture handouts are very good. If you can get your hands on the completed lecture outlines, I'd say that the lectures are not needed. But, if you think watching the lectures at the end of the day are beneficial to your review, then you should do that.

Law&coffee

New

Post by Law&coffee » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm

I stopped going to live lectures after a week or two. I did watch the lectures online. If you watch the lectures online, you can speed them up to 1.25x or 1.5x.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

I remember that the “live” lectures were still on video (just in a classroom with other students), when i took Barbri. What a ripoff. Is it still like that?

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Going to live lectures is a huge waste of time. Watch the lectures on 1.5x speed and spend your time reading the outlines/flashcards and doing practice sets (and more importantly, understanding what you got wrong and why).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bdadon

New

Post by bdadon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Yes, it is still like that. I was attending the actually live one at Fordham.
Nightcrawler wrote:I remember that the “live” lectures were still on video (just in a classroom with other students), when i took Barbri. What a ripoff. Is it still like that?

xonimi

New

Post by xonimi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:I remember that the “live” lectures were still on video (just in a classroom with other students), when i took Barbri. What a ripoff. Is it still like that?
Depends on the location. The location I signed up for actually had the professors lecturing. Still a waste of time though. I only went for Chemerinsky's con law lectures and the other subjects I've just been watching online.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”