Critical Pass or Make your own Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Aleejojo

New

Re: Critical Pass or Make your own

Post by Aleejojo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Here’s a coupon code for those looking to purchase critical! SHARING IS CARING ! We are all looking to pass this exam. Use code WNEPASS25 by June 30, 2018!! Code works for multiple people, so spread the word.

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 am

This might seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone could provide advice or feedback for the best way to study with the Critical Pass cards. I only have access to the application at the moment, and right now I'm just going through reading, and trying to memorize haphazardly. Is there a better way to get the MBE down? Do people follow some sort of schedule or system for reviewing cards?

deliriousxix

Bronze

Post by deliriousxix » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am

maroon175 wrote:This might seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone could provide advice or feedback for the best way to study with the Critical Pass cards. I only have access to the application at the moment, and right now I'm just going through reading, and trying to memorize haphazardly. Is there a better way to get the MBE down? Do people follow some sort of schedule or system for reviewing cards?
For a particular subject, I would always go through my outline first, then either read or quiz myself on the critical pass flashcards, and then do practice questions and refer back to the flashcards if I missed a question. In the week leading up to the exam, I would quiz myself on the flashcards and set aside cards that I was shaky on. The day before the MBE, I went through the *problem* flashcards that I had set aside one last time.

kingkonglaw

New

Post by kingkonglaw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:17 pm

bdadon wrote:I am taking Barbri and making my own flashcards. However, its very time consuming and Barbri's version of flashcards suck. Is Critical Pass worth it? Or should I continue to make my flashcards?
Successfully tackling the bar exam is all about effective time management. So whatever gets you the most time to spend practicing/ focusing on what makes you learn the best is your best use of time. Some people learn a little better making their own flashcards as that allows them to absorb and memorize the law better, but most people find using products like done-for-you flashcards such a time saving technique that they can just use those as a quick reference and memorization tool while they spend the majority of their now freed up time to knock out practice essays and MC problems.

Ultimately its whatever works best for your learning style, but I always lean towards not rebuilding the wheel when there are sources that are already done and done at a very high quality.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:32 am

Well said

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Law&coffee

New

Post by Law&coffee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:30 pm

bdadon wrote:Hey thanks for the discount, it did not work. By any chance, do you have another one?
Law&coffee wrote:
sprintin23 wrote:
bballbb02 wrote:Critical pass was excellent and coincides well with barbri
What he said. Critical Pass is short, easy to remember, and to the point. I would highly recommend it.
Yes, it's worth it. You won't have time to make cards and keep up with the homework that Barbri gives you. Link for a discount (courtesy of Neve)

Yes, try this discount code: http://criticalpass.refr.cc/L2L68Z5

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 pm

bdadon wrote:I am taking Barbri and making my own flashcards. However, its very time consuming and Barbri's version of flashcards suck. Is Critical Pass worth it? Or should I continue to make my flashcards?
Critical Pass tracks Barbri very closely. I used it for the bar exam and was happy with the cards. It was a huge time saver. Barbri gives you a lot of work and you need to use your study time efficiently. Making your own cards is too time consuming. Highly recommend Critical Pass flash cards.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Law&coffee wrote:
Don't make your own. You won't have time. Critical Pass is great and follows Barbri to a T.
great for MBE studying

passed first time

thelawyer1908

New

Post by thelawyer1908 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:07 pm

bballbb02 wrote:Critical pass was excellent and coincides well with barbri
ditto. I think they were worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jdsquared87

New

Post by Jdsquared87 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm

I used the kaplan outlines and the answers to the questions i got wrong in the S&T book to make my own flashcards. It seemed to be worth it but time will truly tell. Results are released 2 weeks from now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”