State Distinctions? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

State Distinctions?

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Anyone having trouble separating? I am taking Ohio. The state distinctions are very hard for me to get down so far. Hard enough to learn the MBE subjects. How important are they? Can anyone speak from experience?

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: State Distinctions?

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm

your MBE is 30% of your grade, your essays are everything else. It's that important.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 pm

That is very true lol

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 am

Question about CA Civil Procedure: how bad of an idea would be to just skip the CA part and just focus on the federal rules?

Goldie

Bronze

Post by Goldie » Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am

Re Ohio, although it's true that the essays are worth much more than the MBE, I still put most of my eggs in the MBE basket. I tried to also learn the state differences, but I made a bet that if I accidentally used multistate law instead of state law on a question, I'd still get a high enough score on the essay to pass. I ended up crushing the MBE and still doing well on the essays. YMMV, obviously, but I focused on the MBE and was fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”