Exciting new book for "repeat" bar examinees! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LockBox

Bronze

Re: Exciting new book for "repeat" bar examinees!

Post by LockBox » Thu May 24, 2018 7:06 pm

I don't know what book you're referring to, but this is the one you should be citing esp for repeat takers...

http://www.lawschoolzen.com/bar-exam-su ... exam-book/

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Fri May 25, 2018 12:58 am

So groundbreaking it’s not even on amazon yet! Thank you, user with only one post! I’m sure you are not the author at all lol.

Sisko9

New

Post by Sisko9 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:19 am

Nightcrawler wrote:So groundbreaking it’s not even on amazon yet! Thank you, user with only one post! I’m sure you are not the author at all lol.
To the gentleman or lady cited above, thank you for amply demonstrating a point made by the author of IVY LETTERS, namely that there are pessimistic naysayers in this world who view everything in a negative light -- even an inexpensive book designed to help bar candidates achieve their dream of earning their law license.

Having made that point, I shall now end this discussion for good. The readers possess the wisdom to determine what books warrant their time and attention, without the benefit of my or your commentary.

Be well.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Post by justanotheruser » Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 am

Sisko9 wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:So groundbreaking it’s not even on amazon yet! Thank you, user with only one post! I’m sure you are not the author at all lol.
To the gentleman or lady cited above, thank you for amply demonstrating a point made by the author of IVY LETTERS, namely that there are pessimistic naysayers in this world who view everything in a negative light -- even an inexpensive book designed to help bar candidates achieve their dream of earning their law license.

Having made that point, I shall now end this discussion for good. The readers possess the wisdom to determine what books warrant their time and attention, without the benefit of my or your commentary.

Be well.
Eh. Your book isn't that expensive. But as a repeat exam-taker who just passed, there are plenty of well-wishing advice from all sorts of folks right here on TLS that were invaluable to my experience.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am

Sisko9 wrote:

Be well.
Well, I hope that in your book you weren’t as deceptive as in your first post and had a better attitude. Namaste, Zen Master.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Hey- I passed the UBE with a 287... highly recommend Studicata... here is a link to check it out ! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... AiZnb6rIEr

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Tue May 29, 2018 8:28 pm

LockBox wrote:I don't know what book you're referring to, but this is the one you should be citing esp for repeat takers...

http://www.lawschoolzen.com/bar-exam-su ... exam-book/
Funny, I didn't start this thread but did reply to the poster who did. Now that they deleted their post, it appears i'm the defacto OP. So, i'll readvocate for the book in the link that I posted.

It won't help you learn the law, or pass the bar substantively - but where I was struggling mentally and emotionally with the exam, it helped.

kingkonglaw

New

Post by kingkonglaw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:26 pm

I am not sure what book was being discussed here, as the original OP seems to have been deleted. But "repeat" bar examinees should already have a decent foundation of the law being tested on the bar exam.

So it seems that the most prudent method to attack the bar exam outside of re-signing up for a bar prep program would be to use a condensed black letter law outline to bolster the foundation of their legal knowledge and spend the majority of their time doing practice questions.

To learn the law I would also recommend the studicata outline because it was organized by priority and condensed enough that it freed me up to do a ton of practice (https://www.studicata.com/memorize).

Then I did the remainder of my practice using adaptibar (https://www.adaptibar.com/) for the MC and using prior exams from the NCBEX for the essays (http://store.ncbex.org/mee/).

just my .02 :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”