Swearing In - For Those Who Will Miss the Official Ceremonies Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KT33

New

Swearing In - For Those Who Will Miss the Official Ceremonies

Post by KT33 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:24 pm

I'm starting a thread for those of us who cannot swear in during the official ceremonies. Has anyone done this and does anyone have information on how to request this from a court? I recently passed the California Bar, but live out of state. I know there are a number of options for swearing in listed here: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Exa ... orney-Oath, but my question is more as to how to initiate the process. Who do I go to with this request? Do I just reach out to any court clerk or court primary contact? Anything else we should know about swearing in during an unofficial ceremony?

Thanks!

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: Swearing In - For Those Who Will Miss the Official Ceremonies

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Do whatever your bar says to do, is it not clear?

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Wed May 23, 2018 1:23 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:Do whatever your bar says to do, is it not clear?
I think the point of the question is that CA lists a bunch of places you can get sworn-in out of state. But, it just says like "go to any judge" but I wouldn't know how to go about contacting a judge. Do I call the court? Are clerk phone numbers listed somewhere? Sorry I can't be of help OP.

I too just passed February CA bar exam, and I got sworn-in by a notary. Does anyone know if you can use an out-of-state notary? Or maybe there are notaries in your home state that are licensed as a notary in CA?

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:16 pm

That link lists out-of-state requirements as well. Don't over think it, call your bar and ask.

KT33

New

Post by KT33 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Thanks, the comment by JohnnieSockran is more specifically what I was asking. And congrats on passing too! :D Thank you, I will call the Bar and ask. i think they've gotten used to all my questions anyway, lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”