MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tropicalvibezz

New

MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer?

Post by tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am

Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

What is the processing time like for the Missouri transfer application? I called today to ask and they were very vague and wouldn't give an estimate. Has anyone gone through this process in the past?

c0ffeeaddict

New

Re: MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer?

Post by c0ffeeaddict » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm

I submitted my MO application on 4/1/19 and provided supplemental docs that were outstanding within 20 days.I just received an email from MO BOLE that my C&F was completed and approved. It took approximately 4 months. I thankfully did not have any issues with C&F, so that might have been a factor.

On their FAQ site and from my emails with my application reviewer, I was told the average time for an application is 3-6 months.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:23 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

What is the processing time like for the Missouri transfer application? I called today to ask and they were very vague and wouldn't give an estimate. Has anyone gone through this process in the past?
I'm going to add, out of the 2 states mentioned, MO is your better bet. I remember a classmate who was telling me about AL, you'll need a currently licensed attorney to sponsor your application. That, plus MO's relatively quick timeline, makes your choice pretty clear.

My $.02

Honikane

New

Post by Honikane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

I just did the same in MO and it took 2 months from submission of my application to C&F approval. Submitted late June and received approval 8/29.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:40 am

Interested in the same subject, for a friend. Honikane, what did the process involve? How expensive was it, all told? My friend got a 260 and will retake for their 266 jurisdiction, but they want to be licensed in MO in the mean time.

Honikane

New

Post by Honikane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm

decimalsanddollars wrote:Interested in the same subject, for a friend. Honikane, what did the process involve? How expensive was it, all told? My friend got a 260 and will retake for their 266 jurisdiction, but they want to be licensed in MO in the mean time.
The application fee is $1240.00 plus all of of the other fees for transferring your transcripts, scores and getting your fingerprints. Disclosure wise, much less involved than most jurisdictions who want to know everything that has occurred in your life since EVER! They mainly limit to the last 10 years.

Process was relatively smooth once all the paperwork was submitted and they are very responsive to questions via email and the applicant portal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”