Has anyone taken a Guam bar exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
drivee

New

Has anyone taken a Guam bar exam?

Post by drivee » Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 pm

That's right ' Guam bar. Even a bar exam preparation is not provided for Guam and I heard that the pass rate is low. Any ideas about how to prepare for the Guam bar?

My second q is: It consists of the MBE and MEE and local questions. When the bar exam consists of an MBE and MEE, can I just take any jurisdictions exam preparation service that also consists of an MBE and MEE?

ANY IDEA OR ANECDOTAL EXPERIENCE, PLEASE? :cry:

MRSP

New

Re: Has anyone taken a Guam bar exam?

Post by MRSP » Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 am

drivee wrote:That's right ' Guam bar. Even a bar exam preparation is not provided for Guam and I heard that the pass rate is low. Any ideas about how to prepare for the Guam bar?

My second q is: It consists of the MBE and MEE and local questions. When the bar exam consists of an MBE and MEE, can I just take any jurisdictions exam preparation service that also consists of an MBE and MEE?

ANY IDEA OR ANECDOTAL EXPERIENCE, PLEASE? :cry:
Hi, I have not taken the Guam bar exam but I have experience being from the South Pacific and worked here (also taking the Hawaii bar in July, which is MBE/MEE but has a state specific ethics portion ), and I would suggest you contact the Guam Bar Association for resources and to inquire what exactly their specific questions are on, and also use their statutes as study material. Since the rest of it is normal MEE/MBE/MPRE, take a normal prep course (Themis, Kaplan, etc) in addition and you should be fine. I am thinking their bar passage rate may be low for a variety of reasons but you can also ask the bar association if you can speak with their officers or if they can put you in contact with someone who took the bar there before whom you can ask about the Guam specific material, even if they know of a recent bar taker who wouldn't mind helping you?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”