Page 1 of 2

GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm
by oriondust2018
I am at that point where I am continuously going to the Ga Admissions website hitting refresh. What time on May 18th are they going to release the scores?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:06 pm
by jrstephens1991
oriondust2018 wrote:I am at that point where I am continuously going to the Ga Admissions website hitting refresh. What time on May 18th are they going to release the scores?

4pm.

I'm also super anxious but trying to remain calm. It's difficult, but not too much longer to go!

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:16 pm
by Thebariscoming
Not sure. July came in between 11-1 PM.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:23 pm
by Nightcrawler
Does GA have a lot of applicants to release the results that late? I know CA releases them on the same day - crazy.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:41 pm
by jrstephens1991
Thebariscoming wrote:Not sure. July came in between 11-1 PM.

Did they send out individual emails before they posted the list?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:25 pm
by Thebariscoming
No. I have heard that those who pass get an email to check their results on the website. Those who didn't pass don't get an email. Their results are just uploaded on their page.


jrstephens1991 wrote:
Thebariscoming wrote:Not sure. July came in between 11-1 PM.

Did they send out individual emails before they posted the list?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:51 pm
by jrstephens1991
Thebariscoming wrote:No. I have heard that those who pass get an email to check their results on the website. Those who didn't pass don't get an email. Their results are just uploaded on their page.


jrstephens1991 wrote:
Thebariscoming wrote:Not sure. July came in between 11-1 PM.

Did they send out individual emails before they posted the list?

Do they send the emails before 4pm?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 am
by jrstephens1991
This time next week y'all...

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:05 pm
by oriondust2018
Nightcrawler wrote:Does GA have a lot of applicants to release the results that late? I know CA releases them on the same day - crazy.


If I recall correctly they said it was about 1200 taking the exam in Feb.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:06 pm
by oriondust2018
jrstephens1991 wrote:
oriondust2018 wrote:I am at that point where I am continuously going to the Ga Admissions website hitting refresh. What time on May 18th are they going to release the scores?

4pm.

I'm also super anxious but trying to remain calm. It's difficult, but not too much longer to go!


I am super super full of emotions. I don't know whether to be scared or relieved that the time is finally near. Either way, it is what it is.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:22 pm
by jrstephens1991
oriondust2018 wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:
oriondust2018 wrote:I am at that point where I am continuously going to the Ga Admissions website hitting refresh. What time on May 18th are they going to release the scores?

4pm.

I'm also super anxious but trying to remain calm. It's difficult, but not too much longer to go!


I am super super full of emotions. I don't know whether to be scared or relieved that the time is finally near. Either way, it is what it is.

Yeah nothing much to do now but wait for the week to be over then adjust to whatever the results are.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 pm
by Flyygal
The count down has began. I’m over being anxious because I know everything is beyond my control at this point. Friday will tell

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 pm
by jrstephens1991
Any chance we'll get an email before the list is released Friday?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 am
by omgwhyme
To anyone who has taken the exam in the past: did you get an email before the list was posted or did the email come at the same time?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am
by USC912
For July 2017, some guardian angel on this board posted the list given to judges before the results were actually sent out. I want to say notifications came before the actual list, around 1:30-2pm.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 am
by Thebariscoming
I didn't make it last time. I didn't get an email. I just kept refreshing the page until the results were uploaded. My friend who did pass the exam got an email telling her to check her email. Regardless, we will all receive our results day after. So, try not to worry too much. Good luck! :wink:

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 am
by jrstephens1991
Thebariscoming wrote:I didn't make it last time. I didn't get an email. I just kept refreshing the page until the results were uploaded. My friend who did pass the exam got an email telling her to check her email. Regardless, we will all receive our results day after. So, try not to worry too much. Good luck! :wink:

What day and time did your friend get the email?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am
by Thebariscoming
Page* I mean. Ugh my bad.


Thebariscoming wrote:I didn't make it last time. I didn't get an email. I just kept refreshing the page until the results were uploaded. My friend who did pass the exam got an email telling her to check her email. Regardless, we will all receive our results day after. So, try not to worry too much. Good luck! :wink:

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 pm
by Donkeykong28
Hi everyone! It's been a pleasure commiserating with you all.Now, I'd like to offer some waiting game wisdom as a second time GA bar taker:

1)On D-Day,the idea that they send those who pass e-mails,but do not send those who did not pass e-mails does not seem to be a thing, as I failed and got an e-mail at 11:34 a.m. from the GA Office of Bar Admissions with the subject line "Updated Information/documentation from the Georgia Office of Bar Admissions" and the following message...

Dear {First and Last Name},

Please return to your user homepage at https://www.gabaradmissions.org/ and login to your account. Important information and/or documentation has been sent to you by the Georgia Office of Bar Admissions. The information is located on the upper right hand portion of your User Homepage under "Admission Documents".

Regards,
Georgia Office of Bar Admissions

Sure enough, I FAILED!

And while we are at it, the survey is completely random and not related to your passing or failing, and everyone gets an e-mail about a month or so before results are released asking to update their address, pass or fail.

Godspeed, and good luck to us all!

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm
by jrstephens1991
Donkeykong28 wrote:Hi everyone! It's been a pleasure commiserating with you all.Now, I'd like to offer some waiting game wisdom as a second time GA bar taker:

1)On D-Day,the idea that they send those who pass e-mails,but do not send those who did not pass e-mails does not seem to be a thing, as I failed and got an e-mail at 11:34 a.m. from the GA Office of Bar Admissions with the subject line "Updated Information/documentation from the Georgia Office of Bar Admissions" and the following message...

Dear {First and Last Name},

Please return to your user homepage at https://www.gabaradmissions.org/ and login to your account. Important information and/or documentation has been sent to you by the Georgia Office of Bar Admissions. The information is located on the upper right hand portion of your User Homepage under "Admission Documents".

Regards,
Georgia Office of Bar Admissions

Sure enough, I FAILED!

And while we are at it, the survey is completely random and not related to your passing or failing, and everyone gets an e-mail about a month or so before results are released asking to update their address, pass or fail.

Godspeed, and good luck to us all!

Thanks for this!

How does the fail letter start out? Does the pass letter start with "Congratulations!" ?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm
by Donkeykong28
No problem! And the fail letter(roughly) looks like this:


Applicant:{applicant #}

Dear {name},

I regret that, on behalf of the Georgia Board of Bar Examiners, I must advise you that you did not achieve a passing score on the {bar exam month and year} exam.

A total score of 270 is required to pass the exam.Your MBE score is ____ and your total score is _____. The Supreme Court has decided that this is the only score information that will be released to applicants.

Then there are 4 paragraphs of big black and red bolded font explaining what you have to do to take the bar again and when the deadlines are.

I imagine the pass email is much shorter.

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 pm
by omgwhyme
Donkeykong28 wrote:No problem! And the fail letter(roughly) looks like this:


Applicant:{applicant #}

Dear {name},

I regret that, on behalf of the Georgia Board of Bar Examiners, I must advise you that you did not achieve a passing score on the {bar exam month and year} exam.

A total score of 270 is required to pass the exam.Your MBE score is ____ and your total score is _____. The Supreme Court has decided that this is the only score information that will be released to applicants.

Then there are 4 paragraphs of big black and red bolded font explaining what you have to do to take the bar again and when the deadlines are.

I imagine the pass email is much shorter.


Thank you so much for this! Good luck to everyone!

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:18 pm
by jrstephens1991
24hrs from now we'll finally have an answer, friends. :shock:

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm
by sarahbeck10
Just curious, with the Ga results coming out this late what are non-passers expected to do in order to re-take? Are the deadlines pushed back so those students may elect to take the July exam? As I understand most bar courses have already begun int he last day or two so do they just have to jump right in?

Re: GA Bar Results 02/2018

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:38 pm
by jrstephens1991
Any chance we'll get individual emails before the list is released?