THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
White Dwarf

Bronze

Re: THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:49 pm

adil91 wrote:
I was mostly 3500-4500
For each one..? I wrote way less..
Characters? Not words.

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Well the good news is even with a below average written we all will be fine with a decent mbe.

I feel bad for all these essay graders.

What a pile of drivel they must get to read.

I really appreciate the lack of issue spotting needed for the mbe.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:57 pm

smile0751 wrote:I got really thrown off with the second MPT with the unusual thing they asked us to do. It felt too easy and I feel like I kept repeating the same stuff about the client's goals.
Yeah, I felt this way a bit. It was basically just reiterating the goals and sprinkling in bits of the treatise. They didn't give you much to distinguish yourself with.

When they do MPTs with unusual tasks, they tend to be really easy though. They know the difference in format is going to throw a bunch of people off. The girl sitting next to me got barely halfway through (though she started the 2nd MPT with ~60 minutes left).

thisyearsgirl

New

Post by thisyearsgirl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:38 pm

MPTs were fine, even w/ the second one (it felt similar to one of the weird ones Themis gave out at least, so I didn't feel thrown off)... I thought it was kind of fun actually (don't kill me haha).

MMEs were mixed bag. I felt like I spotted most (hopefully lol) of the issues (except one of the essays where I had NO idea what they were asking for and just started making up rules) but I'm not confident about my analysis or rule statements so I feel mostly mediocre about them, but not enough to stress about it.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Yeah... umm... I was literally at 4500-4600 characters on 4 of the 6 MEEs. Over 4000 on all of em. Literally 4600 on one. Had to delete some stuff to get the third answer in on two. I honestly thought it could have been WAAAY worse. I probably didn't score in the 80th percentile or w/e but man... I just utilized facts and I knew the law on pretty much everything. Forgot a few "key" words that I wish I did not, but w/e. The standard and factual analysis was still there. Utilizing those Themis sample answers really helped minus being on that character cap every single answer.

I'm in Illinois so only one MPT. Wasted about 10 minutes because I did not realize the fictional attorney had written half the assignment. Wish they would have put that immediately after the instructions like normal instead of just ONE example. I do not understand.

Illinois has IEEs as opposed to a second MPT. (Illinois distinctions) I know I was not supposed to talk to people during but talked to two people. Consensus, random. Its almost like they were trying to hide the point of the entire fact pattern. Not sure how to explain it. I think I did alright today but who really knows. Really don't feel like looking at MBE Qs tonight but I might.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Manflash

New

Post by Manflash » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 pm

jcwest wrote:Yeah... umm... I was literally at 4500-4600 characters on 4 of the 6 MEEs. Over 4000 on all of em. Literally 4600 on one. Had to delete some stuff to get the third answer in on two. I honestly thought it could have been WAAAY worse. I probably didn't score in the 80th percentile or w/e but man... I just utilized facts and I knew the law on pretty much everything. Forgot a few "key" words that I wish I did not, but w/e. The standard and factual analysis was still there. Utilizing those Themis sample answers really helped minus being on that character cap every single answer.

I'm in Illinois so only one MPT. Wasted about 10 minutes because I did not realize the fictional attorney had written half the assignment. Wish they would have put that immediately after the instructions like normal instead of just ONE example. I do not understand.

Illinois has IEEs as opposed to a second MPT. (Illinois distinctions) I know I was not supposed to talk to people during but talked to two people. Consensus, random. Its almost like they were trying to hide the point of the entire fact pattern. Not sure how to explain it. I think I did alright today but who really knows. Really don't feel like looking at MBE Qs tonight but I might.
Illinois here. I felt the exact same way as you on everything. I went to character limit on 2 of the MEEs and only really struggled with the last one due to time and forgetting some terms. I also felt like the IEE was 10x harder than any MEE fact pattern.

Pajsa18

New

Post by Pajsa18 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:46 pm

I started to review for tomorrow and so I opened up set 20 - the last mixed set of MBEs - and literally cannot remember anything. I am getting all the freaking questions wrong and trying to somehow stay calm. I don't know what's going on.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Pajsa18 wrote:I started to review for tomorrow and so I opened up set 20 - the last mixed set of MBEs - and literally cannot remember anything. I am getting all the freaking questions wrong and trying to somehow stay calm. I don't know what's going on.
Haha, the absolute last thing I would have done.

Pajsa18

New

Post by Pajsa18 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 pm

jcwest wrote:
Pajsa18 wrote:I started to review for tomorrow and so I opened up set 20 - the last mixed set of MBEs - and literally cannot remember anything. I am getting all the freaking questions wrong and trying to somehow stay calm. I don't know what's going on.
Haha, the absolute last thing I would have done.
So helpful. Thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Just go to bed. Your brain is fried. Sleep is the best thing for it.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 pm

The first time I took the LSAT, I tried doing a logic game in the hallway beforehand as a warm-up. I missed 5/6 questions, which I don't think had ever happened before.

I did fine on the real thing.

Pajsa18

New

Post by Pajsa18 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm

smile0751 wrote:
Just go to bed. Your brain is fried. Sleep is the best thing for it.

Good idea. Thank you.

Pajsa18

New

Post by Pajsa18 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:27 pm

White Dwarf wrote:The first time I took the LSAT, I tried doing a logic game in the hallway beforehand as a warm-up. I missed 5/6 questions, which I don't think had ever happened before.

I did fine on the real thing.
Thank you :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:13 am

Good job on the first day. Glad to hear there were no complete disasters, which means you're probably fine.

Let's hope the MBE today goes alright! The brain won't be working by the end but it'll be all over!! :lol:

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Anyone else thought the AM session was difficult? Tell me I am not the only one lol

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:27 pm

I wouldn't feel so bad about it if I felt confident about my written portion.

But hey at least the hard questions weren't in the pm.

I got almost no sleep so I'm thankful for that.

rastajacob

New

Post by rastajacob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:28 pm

MRSP wrote:Anyone else thought the AM session was difficult? Tell me I am not the only one lol
Nope, my PM section was harder than my AM...I think they do that however, give half the takers the harder set in the AM, easier set in the PM and vice versa....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Neilt001 wrote:Good job on the first day. Glad to hear there were no complete disasters, which means you're probably fine.

Let's hope the MBE today goes alright! The brain won't be working by the end but it'll be all over!! :lol:

Uv been so awesome! Themis needs to hire you!!!

uggghyeah

New

Post by uggghyeah » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:28 pm

So I've been scoring between 70 and 80 percent on Themis mixed sets and was destroyed by the MBE. Somehow felt very unprepared for a large percentage of the questions, especially the second half. The questions hardly resembled the form I was used to with Themis, and the TX P&E yesterday was equally a disaster, with an entire section that Themis didn't even include in its practice sets. I really wish I'd used Adapibar and just bought the TX materials :cry:

thisyearsgirl

New

Post by thisyearsgirl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 pm

PM was definitely harder for me. MBEs felt 50/50 as usual, but I felt like it was (mostly) fair... there were some weird questions though.

BlueLaw11

Bronze

Post by BlueLaw11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:43 am

Hilarious to think back to how many time Themis stressed focusing on achieving "minimum competence" after taking that exam

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JonTheMandamus

New

Post by JonTheMandamus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:01 am

I hear the Barbri kids were instructed similarly.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:17 am

jcwest wrote:Yeah... umm... I was literally at 4500-4600 characters on 4 of the 6 MEEs. Over 4000 on all of em. Literally 4600 on one. Had to delete some stuff to get the third answer in on two. I honestly thought it could have been WAAAY worse. I probably didn't score in the 80th percentile or w/e but man... I just utilized facts and I knew the law on pretty much everything. Forgot a few "key" words that I wish I did not, but w/e. The standard and factual analysis was still there. Utilizing those Themis sample answers really helped minus being on that character cap every single answer.
Awesome! That's my suggested method for MEEs so sounds like you nailed it.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am

Ohnt wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:Good job on the first day. Glad to hear there were no complete disasters, which means you're probably fine.

Uv been so awesome! Themis needs to hire you!!!
Ha! You're too kind. And no worries! Glad to help 8)

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:13 am

While it is fresh in our mind, how did everyone feel in general about both days? On a scale of 1-10 how well prepared did you feel using Themis? I saw some people who used other prep programs mention they wished they used Adaptibar as far as how the actual MBE questions went for them...

If you are on an awesome post-bar vacation, binge watching Netflix, or not thinking about the bar until results come out please disregard lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”