THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
White Dwarf

Bronze

Re: THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:24 pm

The Civ Pro/Con Law guy sounds perfectly natural at 1.5x speed, which is a little strange. I thought he was fine overall.

Tala29

New

Post by Tala29 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 pm

I have the same issue, the more I move on the more I forgot about other subjects and it's really hard. I am at 60% done because I actually have barely reviewed (other than doing MBE and PQ sets and getting down why I got the question wrong/right). I have, so far, never really sat down and tried to actively memorize or reviewed notes. Honestly, I kind of just wanted to get all lectures out of the way first and then use the last 2-3 weeks to do that.

Was that a bad call? I suddenly scored really low on the last sets of MBE questions for the specific subjects (never scored so low this far in the program), bit maybe it is because they are really nuanced towards the end (that's what someone told me at least).

lawbug123

New

Post by lawbug123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Tala29 wrote:I have the same issue, the more I move on the more I forgot about other subjects and it's really hard. I am at 60% done because I actually have barely reviewed (other than doing MBE and PQ sets and getting down why I got the question wrong/right). I have, so far, never really sat down and tried to actively memorize or reviewed notes. Honestly, I kind of just wanted to get all lectures out of the way first and then use the last 2-3 weeks to do that.

Was that a bad call? I suddenly scored really low on the last sets of MBE questions for the specific subjects (never scored so low this far in the program), bit maybe it is because they are really nuanced towards the end (that's what someone told me at least).
I'm doing the EXACT same thing as you. Minus the fact that I'm at 25% so really you should be partying right now...comparatively speaking, of course.

Itwasascam

New

Post by Itwasascam » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm

studying4bar wrote:
2015_Splitter wrote:
studying4bar wrote:
2015_Splitter wrote:
Interesting update: I just got my second response via the message center and was sent the completed and allegedly appropriately phrased/worded pdf so I guess I do not need to e-mail the director because now I have two handouts - one from my cousin and one from Themis with this new lecturer.

I don't even need to look at it, and I can almost guarantee it's the same handout that was available to through the link next to the video lectures. If I'm wrong though and you have a better outline, please share the love.
Hmm. The handout next to the lecture that was updated/the handout in the handout library have blanks in them, for me. I am saying that they sent me a pdf with the correct phrasing/blanks filled in. Is that available to you already? It hasn't shown up for me.
Ah, no that's not available. Looks like they gave you a filled out lecture handout.
Ok so all you have to do is resend your message to customer service and complain about the lecturer and they should send it to you. Alternatively, you could call customer service and possibly have a faster turnaround time, but I was told that there was a meeting or decision made due to the number of complaints received, but it sounded to be a very recent development, likely after you sent your messages in. You could also just be blunt and say you know of said decision and due to the lecturer and handout inconsistencies want the filled out pdf.
Hey, do you mind sending me a copy of the evidence handout. I sent them a message and they told me they dont release them as its a “learning device”

wolvesgo45@gmail.com

lawbug123

New

Post by lawbug123 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Itwasascam wrote:
studying4bar wrote:
2015_Splitter wrote:
studying4bar wrote:
2015_Splitter wrote:
Interesting update: I just got my second response via the message center and was sent the completed and allegedly appropriately phrased/worded pdf so I guess I do not need to e-mail the director because now I have two handouts - one from my cousin and one from Themis with this new lecturer.

I don't even need to look at it, and I can almost guarantee it's the same handout that was available to through the link next to the video lectures. If I'm wrong though and you have a better outline, please share the love.
Hmm. The handout next to the lecture that was updated/the handout in the handout library have blanks in them, for me. I am saying that they sent me a pdf with the correct phrasing/blanks filled in. Is that available to you already? It hasn't shown up for me.
Ah, no that's not available. Looks like they gave you a filled out lecture handout.
Ok so all you have to do is resend your message to customer service and complain about the lecturer and they should send it to you. Alternatively, you could call customer service and possibly have a faster turnaround time, but I was told that there was a meeting or decision made due to the number of complaints received, but it sounded to be a very recent development, likely after you sent your messages in. You could also just be blunt and say you know of said decision and due to the lecturer and handout inconsistencies want the filled out pdf.
Hey, do you mind sending me a copy of the evidence handout. I sent them a message and they told me they dont release them as its a “learning device”

wolvesgo45@gmail.com
Same, could I also get one? aina.niaz@gmail.com

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Can someone explain to me why the following would be admissible evidence against the accomplice?
Stolen goods found in an accomplice's apartment, after the suspect involuntarily made a statement regarding the whereabouts of the stolen goods. The state seeks to introduce the stolen goods against the accomplice.

markham1321

New

Post by markham1321 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:16 pm

dabigchina wrote:Can someone explain to me why the following would be admissible evidence against the accomplice?
Stolen goods found in an accomplice's apartment, after the suspect involuntarily made a statement regarding the whereabouts of the stolen goods. The state seeks to introduce the stolen goods against the accomplice.
Because the accomplice's rights weren't violated, only the suspect's were.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:23 pm

markham1321 wrote:
dabigchina wrote:Can someone explain to me why the following would be admissible evidence against the accomplice?
So the cops can torture an accomplice, coerce a confession, seize the poison fruits of that confession, and call it a day?

Crim pro is weird.

houritsu

New

Post by houritsu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm

dabigchina wrote:
markham1321 wrote:
So the cops can torture an accomplice, coerce a confession, seize the poison fruits of that confession, and call it a day?

Crim pro is weird.
Also, evidence seized as a result of a Miranda-violation confession (e.g. coerced, involuntary, etc.) isn't subject to the exclusionary rule. So, the evidence could be used against the suspect, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm

houritsu wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
markham1321 wrote:

Crim pro is weird.
Also, evidence seized as a result of a Miranda-violation confession (e.g. coerced, involuntary, etc.) isn't subject to the exclusionary rule. So, the evidence could be used against the suspect, too.
So the themis outline only says that this is the case for failure to give the Miranda warning. It doesn't say this rule is applicable for coerced confessions.

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 pm

houritsu wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
markham1321 wrote:

Crim pro is weird.
I don't think that last bit is correct--evidence seized as a result of a voluntary confession obtained in violation of Miranda is indeed not subject to the exclusionary principle, but evidence seized as a result of an involuntary confession (e.g. one that is coerced or the result of torture) is

but either way 4th amendment violations on someone else are not grounds on which you can seek exclusion of evidence, even when you are an accomplice or co-conspirator of the person whose rights were violated

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:28 pm

How well are you all doing on MBE practice questions and essays so far??

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:How well are you all doing on MBE practice questions and essays so far??
MBE: 631/1054 59.8%

Getting killed in Civ Pro (52%) and Con Law (56%). Feel pretty decent about the other subjects.

I'm not UBE, but I have been doing average on essays, just need to focus on refining the specific elements of different legal principles.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:How well are you all doing on MBE practice questions and essays so far??
Im averaging like low 60s on the MC. Essays im not really doing. Ive been skipping them and just reading the answer.

*Edit. Just checked and sitting at exactly 60% so basically same as above poster

Transfer2016

New

Post by Transfer2016 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Sitting at 70% on MBE after 768 questions. Averaging a 2 on the essays.

sproutz

New

Post by sproutz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:54 pm

62% overall MBE after 808 questions. Subjects are varying pretty wildly from 70% in Crim Law to 52% in Civ Pro though.

Essays I'm really nervous about though. I keep getting high marks for organization, but low marks for analysis, averaging out to barely passing, or just under.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Some sets i score 45%, some torts and crim pro I hit 85%, are some just much harder sets than others?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Transfer2016 wrote:
Sitting at 70% on MBE after 768 questions. Averaging a 2 on the essays.
you are in auto pass zone...

houritsu

New

Post by houritsu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 pm

RecruiterMan wrote:
houritsu wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
markham1321 wrote:

Crim pro is weird.
I don't think that last bit is correct--evidence seized as a result of a voluntary confession obtained in violation of Miranda is indeed not subject to the exclusionary principle, but evidence seized as a result of an involuntary confession (e.g. one that is coerced or the result of torture) is

but either way 4th amendment violations on someone else are not grounds on which you can seek exclusion of evidence, even when you are an accomplice or co-conspirator of the person whose rights were violated
You're right - that'll teach me to try and answer questions after frying my mind on MBE practice sets. Sorry for the error.

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm at about 74% after 700 questions.

But some of the sets really seem to fluctuate in difficulty.

And I haven't done any Civil Procedure questions yet so I expect to take a dive once I dig in there.

Problem is that I forget about as much old material per day as new material I learn.

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:Some sets i score 45%, some torts and crim pro I hit 85%, are some just much harder sets than others?
I definitely think some are much harder than others. What are your total questions completed and %?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

1Abimrdjur3

New

Post by 1Abimrdjur3 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm at 73% through 944 questions. Definitely agree that some sets are harder especially in testing more than the usual amount of really specific rules/exceptions

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 pm

67% after 969 questions. I guess I suck.

Civ pro really killed me.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:39 pm

What states are you all taking?

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 pm

LawIsLyfe33 wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:Some sets i score 45%, some torts and crim pro I hit 85%, are some just much harder sets than others?
I definitely think some are much harder than others. What are your total questions completed and %?
Unfortunatley I am at 56%. Civ pro and evidence tanked me. The first few sets of each I really just didnt know the law practically guessing.

Without them I am prob around low to mid 60's

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”