THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

Re: THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:50 pm

LawIsLyfe33 wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:Some sets i score 45%, some torts and crim pro I hit 85%, are some just much harder sets than others?
I definitely think some are much harder than others. What are your total questions completed and %?
Unfortunatley I am at 56%. Civ pro and evidence tanked me. The first few sets of each I really just didnt know the law practically guessing.

Without them I am prob around low to mid 60's

Allux

New

Post by Allux » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 pm

sproutz wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:How well are you all doing on MBE practice questions and essays so far??
62% overall MBE after 808 questions. Subjects are varying pretty wildly from 70% in Crim Law to 52% in Civ Pro though.

Essays I'm really nervous about though. I keep getting high marks for organization, but low marks for analysis, averaging out to barely passing, or just under.
I’m curious, where do you guys find those stats?? I didn’t see anything that would trace our performance on PQs.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Allux wrote:
sproutz wrote:
Lawworld19 wrote:How well are you all doing on MBE practice questions and essays so far??
62% overall MBE after 808 questions. Subjects are varying pretty wildly from 70% in Crim Law to 52% in Civ Pro though.

Essays I'm really nervous about though. I keep getting high marks for organization, but low marks for analysis, averaging out to barely passing, or just under.
I’m curious, where do you guys find those stats?? I didn’t see anything that would trace our performance on PQs.

I couldnt find it either for a while. Look at the graph and click on the little tab that says MBE PQ

1Abimrdjur3

New

Post by 1Abimrdjur3 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Allux wrote:
sproutz wrote:

"Course Progress" to "MBE PQs"

Allux

New

Post by Allux » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks guys

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 pm

64% after 700 questions. Evidence killed me.

Itwasascam

New

Post by Itwasascam » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:45 am

Transfer2016 wrote:
rastajacob wrote:This has probably already been mentioned, but this Evidence lecture is awful and all over the place. What were they (Themis) thinking letting him ad-lib this outline the whole time...It is ridiculous...
Couldn’t agree more. They sent me a filled in pdf, but not having taken evidence in law school, this is not easy to learn on my own. Can’t believe they hired this guy. Everyone else has been pretty good in my opinion.
Hey, do you mind sending me a copy of the filled out evidence handout. I tried to get one from them but got rejected

wolvesgo45@gmail.com

Tala29

New

Post by Tala29 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 am

BasilHallward wrote:64% after 700 questions. Evidence killed me.

Is that supposed to be bad?!! I am at 900 Q and 60%....

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:45 am

I'm at 69% after 714 Qs, crim and property are dragging me down

averaging 3/6 for the graded essays

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

Tala29 wrote:
BasilHallward wrote:64% after 700 questions. Evidence killed me.

Is that supposed to be bad?!! I am at 900 Q and 60%....

I don't think so. I've been feeling okay about my understanding. The MBE Test 1 average was like 58%, so I think if you're hitting 60% with regularity, you are where you should be.

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 am

I'm under the impression that the majority of students score about 5-10% better on the actual MBE than they do on Themis questions, so sitting at 60% at this stage (5 weeks left) is perfectly fine.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 am

I'm at 68% through 918 question. Still have most of Civ Pro (which I feel good about), and Con Law (which I suck at). I'd like to get to 70% overall by the end of the PQ sets, but not holding my breath.

I swear, a third of the questions on the 2nd Con Law PQ set covered things that weren't mentioned in the lectures. I had two questions about something called the "Enclave Clause", which I thought was made-up the first time I saw it as an answer.

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 am

White Dwarf wrote:I'm at 68% through 918 question. Still have most of Civ Pro (which I feel good about), and Con Law (which I suck at). I'd like to get to 70% overall by the end of the PQ sets, but not holding my breath.

I swear, a third of the questions on the 2nd Con Law PQ set covered things that weren't mentioned in the lectures. I had two questions about something called the "Enclave Clause", which I thought was made-up the first time I saw it as an answer.
There's a good amount of questions that aren't in the lectures. For example, I remember a good amount of questions about auctions in the Contract questions. There was no talk about auctions in the lectures. I think they do this to keep students motivated.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

juliejul

New

Post by juliejul » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:21 am

Those f-ing auction questions! FWIW, there were exactly 0 auction questions on the actual MBE, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think anyone who is in the 60-ish% range for MBE at this point should feel very, very good right now, as long as you're not someone who tends to panic and blow it on test day. You'll be fine.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 am

Are you guys taking general MBE quiz builder questions or practice exams while skipping the individual subject practice MBE questions? I am trying to focus on the graded essays and practice exams the most being I'm also working and exhausted after commuting home. Not sure how to tackle MBE practice questions, but doing mixed sets seems like smartest thing to do?

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

I'm at 59% after 884 questions. I was getting killed with Con Law early on.
For some reason, I suck at the first 5-6 questions in a topic, like I have to get into a rhythm. Besides the questions being diabolical, staying focused is really hard.

deacon

New

Post by deacon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 am

I am below the average on the graded essays other than evidence.

Started to losing my hope...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:34 am

unsweetened wrote:I'm at 59% after 884 questions. I was getting killed with Con Law early on.
For some reason, I suck at the first 5-6 questions in a topic, like I have to get into a rhythm. Besides the questions being diabolical, staying focused is really hard.
yea i get wrecked by con law as well. I do not understand why ppl say that it is one of the easier subjects.

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm

CBlaw wrote:
unsweetened wrote:I'm at 59% after 884 questions. I was getting killed with Con Law early on.
yea i get wrecked by con law as well. I do not understand why ppl say that it is one of the easier subjects.
Me neither. I really think each person is different in terms of what subjects are easier for them. For example, I do not like con law and civ pro, but I don't mind property.

Tala29

New

Post by Tala29 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:33 pm

CBlaw wrote:
Agree. Con law is diabolical.

Tala29

New

Post by Tala29 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:34 pm

White Dwarf wrote:I'm at 68% through 918 question. Still have most of Civ Pro (which I feel good about), and Con Law (which I suck at). I'd like to get to 70% overall by the end of the PQ sets, but not holding my breath.

Hahaha, SAME!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 pm

1Abimrdjur3 wrote:
Allux wrote:
sproutz wrote:

Thanks!!! Didn’t know this! Foreign educated- was making tons of mistakes when I started.

2194 questions completed- 64% overall
Done with all questions and reviewed every one of them.
Last edited by Ohnt on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Ohnt wrote:
1Abimrdjur3 wrote:
Allux wrote:
sproutz wrote:

Thanks!!! Didn’t know this! Foreign educated- was making tons of mistakes when I started.

2194 questions completed- 64% overall
Done with all questions and reviewed every one of them.
Done graded 4 essays. Two 5/6 and two 4/6.
But I’m not confident at allll! Have soooo much more to cover and learn.

LawIsLyfe33

New

Post by LawIsLyfe33 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:20 pm

CBlaw wrote:
Is it just me or is a lot of the con law not in the lecture material. There is almost no talk about specific clauses and amendments in the material but a good amount of questions ask about that.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Ohnt wrote:
1Abimrdjur3 wrote:
Allux wrote:
sproutz wrote:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”