THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
White Dwarf

Bronze

Re: THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION

Post by White Dwarf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:26 am

Anyone know what autopass is in NY for the MBE? I'm finding so much old and conflicting information on this.

abogado2018

New

Post by abogado2018 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:52 am

Soooo when do we start getting concerned that our MBEs are still stuck in the 50's? (both Adaptibar and Themis questions)

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:59 pm

abogado2018 wrote:Soooo when do we start getting concerned that our MBEs are still stuck in the 50's? (both Adaptibar and Themis questions)
I believe the answer partially depends on how many you have done thus far, if you're going off plain questions sets by topic vs. mixed, etc. As far as when you should get concerned...I would say if you do not see improvement by July 1st, send an email to or call Themis and ask for further guidance or ideas but as I said, it depends on where you are in the program and particular topic. What is your % complete?

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Not panicking yet. My first couple MBE sets for any given topic have pretty much sucked, but doing everything in interactive mode and understanding why I got each question right or wrong helped in subsequent sets. Some of the questions are still insane. Right now I am really thanking myself for taking a ton of elective bar classes before I graduated. It still sucks though.

abogado2018

New

Post by abogado2018 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:00 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:
abogado2018 wrote:Soooo when do we start getting concerned that our MBEs are still stuck in the 50's? (both Adaptibar and Themis questions)
I believe the answer partially depends on how many you have done thus far, if you're going off plain questions sets by topic vs. mixed, etc. As far as when you should get concerned...I would say if you do not see improvement by July 1st, send an email to or call Themis and ask for further guidance or ideas but as I said, it depends on where you are in the program and particular topic. What is your % complete?
45%. Not as much concerned about completing the vast majority, if not all of the course. More that I'm hitting a ceiling with accuracy rate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thisyearsgirl

New

Post by thisyearsgirl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm at 47% completion, although I've been skipping the Ide-don & Tucker videos while still checking them off. I've been averaging low 60's for MBE. My problem is that I'm really inconsistent w/ my sets... sometimes I'll score in the 70s only to have the next set score in the 50s. It's kind of frustrating, but I haven't spent much time self-studying this past week and a half (other than reviewing the explanations of why I got them wrong) because I've been feeling a little burnt out. I'm going to up my review time this week now that I'm feeling more refreshed.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I'm at like 25% percent. Started first day of June. Not working. Should I panic?

l18

New

Post by l18 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 am

RobertGolddust wrote:I'm at like 25% percent. Started first day of June. Not working. Should I panic?
If you started in June and made that much progress already I would not panic. Keep at it.

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 am

For those you you panacking about the MBE Quesitons I suggest doing some real MBE questions . I have been doing some out of the Strategies and Tactics book and my god they are wayyyyyy easier. Pretty sure Themis and Barbri both pick the hardest questions from the exams. I have been getting like roughly 60% on the themis questions but 90% on the actual MBE questions from S&T

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

frqw9201

New

Post by frqw9201 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:38 am

White Dwarf wrote:Anyone know what autopass is in NY for the MBE? I'm finding so much old and conflicting information on this.

There is no passing MBE, its all added together. So you could get 20% on MBE and then 100% on essays and pass.

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 am

frqw9201 wrote:
White Dwarf wrote:Anyone know what autopass is in NY for the MBE? I'm finding so much old and conflicting information on this.

There is no passing MBE, its all added together. So you could get 20% on MBE and then 100% on essays and pass.
I was under the impression that if an applicant doesn't meet a certain minimum on the MBE, then the essays won't even be graded because it's a fail already. Am I mistaken?

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:08 pm

frqw9201 wrote:

I get that, but there's a point at which your MBE score is high enough that your essays can be atrocious and you'll pass anyway.

BlueLaw11

Bronze

Post by BlueLaw11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 pm

CBlaw wrote:For those you you panacking about the MBE Quesitons I suggest doing some real MBE questions . I have been doing some out of the Strategies and Tactics book and my god they are wayyyyyy easier. Pretty sure Themis and Barbri both pick the hardest questions from the exams. I have been getting like roughly 60% on the themis questions but 90% on the actual MBE questions from S&T
Huge relief to hear this, thank you

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Great45

New

Post by Great45 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm

To get extra MBE PQ's under my belt, I've been using the quiz builder feature, but noticed that I am getting repeat questions. Anyone have an idea how many MBE questions Themis actually has in its bank?

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Pam Karlan is the GOAT lecturer. Themis should get her to do evidence.

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 pm

dabigchina wrote:Pam Karlan is the GOAT lecturer. Themis should get her to do evidence.
for real

she is great, the current evidence guy is absolutely terrible

civ pro / con law guy is also terrible but not quite as bad as evidence guy

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm

RecruiterMan wrote:
dabigchina wrote:Pam Karlan is the GOAT lecturer. Themis should get her to do evidence.
for real

I personally don't mind the con law guy because he at least speaks at a steady pace and doesn't deviate from the script. I can listen to him at 1.5x no problem.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

unsweetened

Silver

Post by unsweetened » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm

dabigchina wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
for real

I personally don't mind the con law guy because he at least speaks at a steady pace and doesn't deviate from the script. I can listen to him at 1.5x no problem.
Agreed
Now when I see "Defendant" I keep hearing "defend-AHNT" in my head, which is annoying.
Evidence guy was horrible. I had to keep rewinding the video to figure out where he was on the handout.
I wish the video player had a control where you could click and just rewind 10 seconds.

2015_Splitter

New

Post by 2015_Splitter » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Anyone get to trusts lectures and see conflicting information between Kramer and Ide-Don on Future Interests in a Trust?

Kramer states that UTC provides future interests in a trust are contingent on the holder of the future interest surviving through distribution. He states that at common law, if the holder predeceases the distribution - his estate will get the property.

It seems that Ide-Don states the inverse - that common law holds that future interest holders must survive through distribution, and that UTC allows the estate of a predeceased holder of a future interest to obtain the property.

I admittedly haven't gone through the outline yet to look at this nuance, but I was hoping someone could quickly clear up this confusion before I waste a few hours on fucking future interests.

RecruiterMan

New

Post by RecruiterMan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm

2015_Splitter wrote:Anyone get to trusts lectures and see conflicting information between Kramer and Ide-Don on Future Interests in a Trust?

Kramer states that UTC provides future interests in a trust are contingent on the holder of the future interest surviving through distribution. He states that at common law, if the holder predeceases the distribution - his estate will get the property.

It seems that Ide-Don states the inverse - that common law holds that future interest holders must survive through distribution, and that UTC allows the estate of a predeceased holder of a future interest to obtain the property.

I admittedly haven't gone through the outline yet to look at this nuance, but I was hoping someone could quickly clear up this confusion before I waste a few hours on fucking future interests.
haven't gotten to trusts yet but I would trust kramer

ide-don tried to tell us that "mutuality" in res judicata is some kind of unspecified fairness inquiry

BlueLaw11

Bronze

Post by BlueLaw11 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:43 pm

RecruiterMan wrote:
for real

Listening to the con law guy discuss how obscenity "must be sexy," "must be erotic," and "must make you itch and long with desire" was probably the most scarring experience of this process thus far

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:01 pm

BlueLaw11 wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
for real

Listening to the con law guy discuss how obscenity "must be sexy," "must be erotic," and "must make you itch and long with desire" was probably the most scarring experience of this process thus far
"Itch with desire" made my laugh out loud. 10/10 worth watching just for that.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 pm

BlueLaw11 wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
for real

Bahhahahahah must appeal to the prurient interest.

Ohnt

New

Post by Ohnt » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 pm

unsweetened wrote:
dabigchina wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
for real

Agreed
Now when I see "Defendant" I keep hearing "defend-AHNT" in my head, which is annoying.
Evidence guy was horrible. I had to keep rewinding the video to figure out where he was on the handout.
I wish the video player had a control where you could click and just rewind 10 seconds.

Witness is ‘prism’! Unavailable is prism

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Seriously, how the hell am I supposed to memorize all this shit? The more new topics I learn, the more I forget about other topics... It's SO frustrating!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”