THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
abogado2018

New

Re: THEMIS JULY 2018 - DISCUSSION

Post by abogado2018 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 pm

For people who have done some of the real property PQs--is anyone else regularly scoring below the "goal" scores? I'm barely breaking 50% pretty frequently despite drilling real property questions and re-watching the videos. Is this normal?

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:44 pm

I am 33% done, but started early and am working full time, or more than full time. I just started my job last week, so learning the hang of that. I am working a billable hour job at a firm where working 9-6 is considered part time. I get home around 7:30 then kill myself to study till midnight. Do20 MBE adapti bar every morning before work as well. Very tough schedule.

On themis I score 50-60% usually. Sure, ive had one or two that were abysmal, under 50, and a few at almost 70, but usually 50-60.

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:I am 33% done, but started early and am working full time, or more than full time. I just started my job last week, so learning the hang of that. I am working a billable hour job at a firm where working 9-6 is considered part time. I get home around 7:30 then kill myself to study till midnight. Do20 MBE adapti bar every morning before work as well. Very tough schedule.

On themis I score 50-60% usually. Sure, ive had one or two that were abysmal, under 50, and a few at almost 70, but usually 50-60.
you are killing it to be able to stay up till midnight and knock it out after that long of a day! I am thinking of incorporating Adaptibar for extra MBE practice as well. It sounds like you are hitting your targets or near it for your PQs on themis this early on though?

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:18 pm

I usually hit goal. Mind you I attended a regular state school for law school. I didn't go to Harvard or Yale etc, so if you did you might not need to put in the same time I do.

I like adaptibar. I like the analytics. I do 15-25 every morning before work and read the explanations on ones I get wrong. Hope to get above 1000 on Adaptibar.

Anyone know how many MBE questions Themis course includes?? I am interested to see how many.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 am

Lawworld19 wrote: Anyone know how many MBE questions Themis course includes?? I am interested to see how many.
I think it's got thousands. You can see each question number and I think it goes up to like 7000 or more?

I had done 2400 by the end of the course (which was the full amount, plus more using the quiz builder thingy), and I was nowhere near exhausting the database.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:35 am

abogado2018 wrote:For people who have done some of the real property PQs--is anyone else regularly scoring below the "goal" scores? I'm barely breaking 50% pretty frequently despite drilling real property questions and re-watching the videos. Is this normal?
Hey there, I consistently scored below the target, for most of the course. It was only near the end that I got my score to an ok place, but even then I could only manage like 68% (goal is 70% by the end). I was pretty worried and freaked out often, but ended up with a 151 on the MBE (ie 75% correct answers or 85th percentile). So yeah, it's way too early to worry :)

lilkim12

New

Post by lilkim12 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Hey,

Another quick question. What have yall though about the course outlines? I feel like reading them before the lectures is taking me way too long and I'm getting much more through the lecture and lecture handouts.

Transfer2016

New

Post by Transfer2016 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 pm

lilkim12 wrote:Hey,

Another quick question. What have yall though about the course outlines? I feel like reading them before the lectures is taking me way too long and I'm getting much more through the lecture and lecture handouts.
It takes forever and it's annoying, but I think it's helping me understand the lectures better.

As a separate issue, I'm a few days behind, but directed study is not trying to bring me up to speed. It's just keeping me 3 days behind the suggested schedule. Is this normal?

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Thu May 24, 2018 3:57 pm

It takes a long time for me - often longer than the lectures themselves, but I find doing so worthwhile. I read each section of the outline immediately prior to watching the chapter covering that section. I've noticed that many of the sample questions include material that is covered in the outline but not in the lecture.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tealeaves12

Bronze

Post by tealeaves12 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:05 pm

It has taken me a while but what I like to do is read the long outlines to myself using the voice memo recording app on my phone. then i burn the memos onto cds and play them in my car so i get more exposure as I drive around. sometimes i also replay them on my phone as I'm cooking or showering etc. I am an auditory learner though so I don't know if it works for everyone.but it takes some of the pressure of me for when im looking at the huge walls of text in an outline and not necessarily feeling like i'm absorbing all of it just by reading.

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 am

What happens if you submit Graded Exam #1 late (like the next day?) I am running a little behind and trying to catch up and Contracts Graded Exam 1 was due for me today...will they still accept it and return it with comments or do we lose out? I can't imagine that being the case but thought I would see if anyone knew. Anyone else in the same boat being late on submitting the first graded essay?

Great45

New

Post by Great45 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:04 am

Not sure if you received it, but an email went out prior to the essay being made available. Says you’ll still get a grade and feedback for late work, but you it may take longer than the 2 business days they promise for essays submitted on time.

MRSP

New

Post by MRSP » Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am

Great45 wrote:Not sure if you received it, but an email went out prior to the essay being made available. Says you’ll still get a grade and feedback for late work, but you it may take longer than the 2 business days they promise for essays submitted on time.
Thank you! I must have missed that email. I appreciate it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat May 26, 2018 11:07 am

MRSP wrote:
Great45 wrote:Not sure if you received it, but an email went out prior to the essay being made available. Says you’ll still get a grade and feedback for late work, but you it may take longer than the 2 business days they promise for essays submitted on time.
Thank you! I must have missed that email. I appreciate it.
just to add to that, when I took themis even if it was submitted late I found that my grader was able to get them back to me quickly, almost at the same time as everyone else. Granted, graders will inevitably vary in turnaround time, but I thought that it was worth mention, as well as the fact that if I submitted something late, the turnaround time was faster if I was a day late (on a Saturday, for example) or multiple days, such as Monday, because many graders obviously have day jobs and it depends on how far behind you are - for example, if there was an essay you skipped and waited until later (because you are trying to stay with the program pace/on the topic you 'should' be on, etc.) when a different topic/graded essay is due, the turnaround time will be longer because - as I understood it - they prioritize the people and essay subject that are on time and due that week, respectively.

thisyearsgirl

New

Post by thisyearsgirl » Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 pm

abogado2018 wrote:For people who have done some of the real property PQs--is anyone else regularly scoring below the "goal" scores? I'm barely breaking 50% pretty frequently despite drilling real property questions and re-watching the videos. Is this normal?
Property is also killing me, I've regularly scoring below the goal but I'm lucky if I can even score at 50%. :(( I'm probably going to drill property over Memorial Day because I don't think I'm going to start scoring higher until I start memorizing it.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Yea it is tough for me as well. I get right around 50%

jetsetter2000

New

Post by jetsetter2000 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Doing real property now and holy smokes, this Kramer guy is annoying. I can't remember the last time I rolled my eyes so much...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Sat May 26, 2018 3:55 pm

jetsetter2000 wrote:Doing real property now and holy smokes, this Kramer guy is annoying. I can't remember the last time I rolled my eyes so much...
Still Kramer, eh? yeah...bad jokes, lots of water, kind of has a way of making you feel awkward from the computer screen.

RE: percentage correct posts, I recall the real property questions being my lowest scoring question sets, but look for the commonalities, there are usually specific areas you can discern from your results that you need to practice on. I know that bar exam trends show a rise in mortgage/foreclosure questions, which you may understand better after secured transactions. In other words, are you seeing any trends, have you done too few sets to tell yet, or is it just...Kramer and property killing people

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Sat May 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Man. I am getting wrecked in Property. Bumming me out after crushing contracts with 75+% on every PQ set.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:02 pm

CBlaw wrote:Man. I am getting wrecked in Property. Bumming me out after crushing contracts with 75+% on every PQ set.

Dont worry I am getting in the 50's

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Sat May 26, 2018 7:30 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:
CBlaw wrote:Man. I am getting wrecked in Property. Bumming me out after crushing contracts with 75+% on every PQ set.

Dont worry I am getting in the 50's
yea just got 30%. Sigh

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

deacon

New

Post by deacon » Sat May 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi,

I started Themis, but I am doing the Civ. Pro. now, which drives me crazy. I am an international lawyer. didn't take any bar courses other than contract and torts in my llm.

I started to feel kind of hopeless and looking for recommendations especially for civil pro and con law

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 pm

Con Law is the easiest in my opinion to learn. It is just memorization

deacon

New

Post by deacon » Sat May 26, 2018 11:21 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:Con Law is the easiest in my opinion to learn. It is just memorization
thanks for the response. I guess I haven't met the subject before, that is why i am somehow shocked.

I am using the final review outlines, editing them in a way that i could understand and including the lecture notes. will see if it will work out

thisyearsgirl

New

Post by thisyearsgirl » Sun May 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Have any of you guys used the quiz builder yet? I'm considering using it to get more practice for property...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”