Is Adaptibar worth it/really helpful? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Maje9

New

Re: Is Adaptibar worth it/really helpful?

Post by Maje9 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:09 pm

I am also looking for AdaptiBar discount code. Anyone knows how I get one?

BarMe

New

Post by BarMe » Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 am

Maje9 wrote:I am also looking for AdaptiBar discount code. Anyone knows how I get one?

PM me if you still need one; got one today and was told I can share it.

chilawready

New

Post by chilawready » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Hello! I would appreciate a discount code as well. Thank you in advance!

rurrrrr

New

Post by rurrrrr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:06 am

Hi! Can anyone send me a promotion code? Really appreciate it! ruzhao1989@gmail.com

Lydflorence

New

Post by Lydflorence » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:
michaelt wrote:If you have Barbri, I highly recommend not to supplement it with Adaptibar, but supplement it with "Strategies and Tactics for the MBE." It is much cheaper and significantly better. After reading Adaptibar's explanations to ~230 MBE questions that I answered, it became apparent that Adaptibar's explanations were written by unqualified people. The reasoning is wholly conclusory, no mentioning of key facts, no mentioning of the law applied. Sometimes the explanation is plainly Procrustian, they give an outright wrong reason for the correct conclusion--can it get any worse than that? In comparison, I went through more than a thousand of questions of S&T and Barbri, and never had a single complaint about their explanations. But I reported over 20 problems about Adaptibar's explanations only within one week of using it.

As was mentioned above, Barbri does not allow mixing questions from specific MBE subjects you want to focus on. They used to have this, which they called "Study Smart MBE." Barbri's rep told me, however, that they are simply migrating from one software platform to another, and "Study Smart MBE" will be available again in about two weeks. So if this feature is available, there is little reason to spend $365 on Adaptibar's poorly written explanations.
I agree about Adaptibar's explanations. Most of the explanations give the wrong reasons or just state that the answer is wrong "because X is the right answer". Terrible. I've reported a couple and their answer is always the same: "our legal team reviewed the explanation and it's correct as it stands" followed by a repetition of their lacking and conclusory explanation.

The only reason why I like Adaptibar is their interface. It saves a lot of time to just click one answer and see if it's right or wrong. Using the book takes more time and on accident you sometimes see the answer for the next question. Also their tracking system is really useful. Obviously you could do it all yourself but it takes time. You just need to evaluate if your time is worth that much money.

I'm using also Emanuel S&T this time around and their explanations are exactly what you need. Impeccable. I wish there was a more updated edition.
From all the forum response I'm reading, I'm guessing that Emmanuel is just a book and Adaptibar is an app? Correct me if I'm wrong, if I get the Emmanuel book, I can still do the same questions as Adaptibar, the only downside is, it does not come with an app?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Lydflorence wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:
michaelt wrote:If you have Barbri, I highly recommend not to supplement it with Adaptibar, but supplement it with "Strategies and Tactics for the MBE." It is much cheaper and significantly better. After reading Adaptibar's explanations to ~230 MBE questions that I answered, it became apparent that Adaptibar's explanations were written by unqualified people. The reasoning is wholly conclusory, no mentioning of key facts, no mentioning of the law applied. Sometimes the explanation is plainly Procrustian, they give an outright wrong reason for the correct conclusion--can it get any worse than that? In comparison, I went through more than a thousand of questions of S&T and Barbri, and never had a single complaint about their explanations. But I reported over 20 problems about Adaptibar's explanations only within one week of using it.

As was mentioned above, Barbri does not allow mixing questions from specific MBE subjects you want to focus on. They used to have this, which they called "Study Smart MBE." Barbri's rep told me, however, that they are simply migrating from one software platform to another, and "Study Smart MBE" will be available again in about two weeks. So if this feature is available, there is little reason to spend $365 on Adaptibar's poorly written explanations.
I agree about Adaptibar's explanations. Most of the explanations give the wrong reasons or just state that the answer is wrong "because X is the right answer". Terrible. I've reported a couple and their answer is always the same: "our legal team reviewed the explanation and it's correct as it stands" followed by a repetition of their lacking and conclusory explanation.

The only reason why I like Adaptibar is their interface. It saves a lot of time to just click one answer and see if it's right or wrong. Using the book takes more time and on accident you sometimes see the answer for the next question. Also their tracking system is really useful. Obviously you could do it all yourself but it takes time. You just need to evaluate if your time is worth that much money.

I'm using also Emanuel S&T this time around and their explanations are exactly what you need. Impeccable. I wish there was a more updated edition.
From all the forum response I'm reading, I'm guessing that Emmanuel is just a book and Adaptibar is an app? Correct me if I'm wrong, if I get the Emmanuel book, I can still do the same questions as Adaptibar, the only downside is, it does not come with an app?
AdaptiBar includes all the licensed questions (and more). But Emanuel's S&T doesn't come with ALL the licensed questions but rather (a nice selection of) 50-60 questions per subject. I've found that the explanations in S&T are more instructive than AdaptiBar's, plus each subject has an introductory primer. It's a book, so you'll have to keep track of your answers and win rates yourself -- which is fine because you can narrow down to a particular timeframe (you'll probably be better later in prep than earlier and can disregard the "outliers") and to subtopics and issues (you might find that you need more help in negligence questions, for example. S&T gives you that information. S&T Vol 2 lets you drill down to those specific issues).

scard

New

Post by scard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:45 pm

I prefer barmax, better explanations and you don’t have to pay for it each time.

If anyone needs a barmax 10% code here’s my referral link

[Redacted-please PM for code]
Last edited by tlsadmin3 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted link

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”