Is Adaptibar worth it/really helpful? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gwlawgrad8232018

New

Re: Is Adaptibar worth it/really helpful?

Post by gwlawgrad8232018 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:21 am

Hi! Could someone send along an adaptibar discount code? bdevries@law.gwu.edu

Thank you!!

Charlie_Bradbury

New

Post by Charlie_Bradbury » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:18 pm

If still available, would also love a discount code!

ariel.m.olson@gmail.com

Thanks for the feedback from all of those who weighed in.

carcollector

New

Post by carcollector » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:31 pm

I would also love a discount code, please: quitlater1@gmail.com

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Guys, just for simplicity: get your Adaptibar referral's here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=288509

aria2018

New

Post by aria2018 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 am

Hi, if still available, would like to have a discount code for Adaptibar, letitia.yy@gmail.com, many thanks! !

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawIsLife

New

Post by LawIsLife » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Can anyone provide a discount code for adaptibar? Thanks!

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 pm

I don't really know how people have time to do adaptibar.

Aside from it being repetitive to Themis' question bank, I never finished all the Themis questions.

I think most people can get by with just their primary course.

amryan

New

Post by amryan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 am

rkreymer wrote:I didn't not like Adaptibar. The questions are repetitive, to the point that if you do more than, lets say 500, you'll get them right not because you know the law but because you remember the answer from the last time you answered this question. Another big issue I had was that it's on my phone and computer which should be great, but it is not. The actual test is on paper, and I am not getting the same exposure as I would on the actual test. Yes, you can print our their questions, but that becomes a complete waste of time because you then have to transfer your answers into the computer to get your score and your timing for each question is not accurate either. Don't waste your money on Adaptabar.
Um, I used AdaptiBar and you can't print out their questions and "transfer them to the online program." It's so irritating to see that people that never even used a program are commenting on it because they are obviously from a competing company. People ask questions here so that they can get real answers, not this nonsense. Also, if you were an actual law student, I think you might learn how to spell before you learn how to lie. Thanks for the spam.

That said, AdaptiBar is actually a great product. It cuts the nonsense and tells you exactly where you are weak using only actual bar exam questions. I used Barbri and AdaptiBar together and when I walked out of the MBE in California, I thought, that was like answering 200 questions in AdaptiBar. Easily the best money I spent. Questions and technology are light years ahead of anything I have heard of.

hammer10k

New

Post by hammer10k » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 am

Adaptibar worked great for me. I logged 6-8 hours of Barbri during the day then would get in bed, put on my headphones, and crank out 50 Adaptibar questions before falling asleep. This was additional prep that I probably would have not done and wound up doing 2000 Adaptibar questions. If nothing else, it was a nice change of pace from Barbri because of the instantaneous right/wrong feedback you get from answering which make it motivating.

The common complaints against Adaptibar is poor answer explanations and repetitive questions. Both are valid gripes. With the volume of questions on Adaptibar (~3000) there are a lot of questions with the exact same fact pattern and minor detail changes. Your scores will increase as you go as you can predict early what the question is asking. Sometimes, question explanations are inadequate too. Adaptibar is still worth it just to keep hammering out the basics. You'll do dozens of the foundation questions for each subject - the elements of criminal charges and torts, property fact patterns, civ pro rules, etc. These are things that Babri will often not come back around to test, and so it's up to you since the MUST HAVE points on the bar are the questions that come down to basic elements.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 am

Just to provide more positive feedback on Adaptibar: I only used Kaplan and Adaptibar to study for the bar. Mainly Adaptibar in the last month. It was great. I found the ability to do the questions on my phone while out and about especially useful. Caveat--I took the bar sometime ago prior to the civ pro section being added to the MBE. Basically, like the above poster said, it was great for hammering out the concepts in the end to ensure that many of the fundamental concepts were ingrained into my mind/memory.

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I went from a pathetically low 118.6 MBE on the July 2014 New York bar exam to a 149.3 MBE on the July 2017 New York bar exam (that I passed) and I can unequivocally say that Adaptibar is pure shit. Adaptibar consists of questions from bar exams in the late-1990's and early 2000's. Those questions are easier than the question on the most recent bar exams. I pissed away $400 on Adaptibar. What happened me in July 2017 was Strategies and Tactics Finz and Kaplan. Those questions are deceptively hard- just like the real bar exam. I also used the Emanuel's MBE boot camp books. There are books on all of the MBE subjects except Civ Pro and they're available on Amazon. Those books actually tell you how to get the correct answer.

CaYLaw

New

Post by CaYLaw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:02 am

Excluding the questions, has anyone purchased and watched some of the Video Lectures by Jonathan Grossman. I like his no-sense approach in some of the previews I saw. Was looking for some feedback on the value of the videos. Will not be using a traditional bar prep course otherwise.

Thanks.

staygolden

New

Post by staygolden » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am

In short, yes yes yes.

Adaptibar saved me in the MBE portion of the bar exam.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

staygolden

New

Post by staygolden » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

CaYLaw wrote:Excluding the questions, has anyone purchased and watched some of the Video Lectures by Jonathan Grossman. I like his no-sense approach in some of the previews I saw. Was looking for some feedback on the value of the videos. Will not be using a traditional bar prep course otherwise.

Thanks.

I had him in person at FIU in the Spring as an instructor. He is amazing and cuts the BS in half. Follow his approach and you will be fine for the MBE.

bacillusanthracis

Bronze

Post by bacillusanthracis » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 pm

L_William_W wrote:I went from a pathetically low 118.6 MBE on the July 2014 New York bar exam to a 149.3 MBE on the July 2017 New York bar exam (that I passed) and I can unequivocally say that Adaptibar is pure shit. Adaptibar consists of questions from bar exams in the late-1990's and early 2000's. Those questions are easier than the question on the most recent bar exams. I pissed away $400 on Adaptibar. What happened me in July 2017 was Strategies and Tactics Finz and Kaplan. Those questions are deceptively hard- just like the real bar exam. I also used the Emanuel's MBE boot camp books. There are books on all of the MBE subjects except Civ Pro and they're available on Amazon. Those books actually tell you how to get the correct answer.
I agree. I used Adaptibar the first time I took the bar and it was a disaster. The depth and breadth of the questions on the current MBE are several levels of difficulty greater than Adaptibar. I was scoring around 85% on Adaptibar by the time the exam rolled around, and felt super confident. Then came test day, and I was utterly lost. My MBE score was catastrophic.

I'm no fan of Barbri's essay program, and its MBE questions don't do a great job of mimicking the current style of the MBE, but I passed the MBE in February using it, and then passed the entire test this time using Barbri and NCBEX's practice questions. The latter are great because that's the style of question you'll see on the exam (minus the Civ Pro questions).

Some people swear by Adaptibar, so good for them, but I'm convinced they're just a helluva lot more intelligent than me. I would say that Adaptibar is most useful as a supplemental tool (doing a quick 10 at night, or when you just don't want to get out of bed that day), but as a primary MBE learning tool, I can't recommend it.

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm

is adapti bar worth it if I have themis, As a repeat taker I remember when i had themis and adapti bar last time, a lot of the questions overlapped, does themis have access to all the questions from adapti bar?

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:is adapti bar worth it if I have themis, As a repeat taker I remember when i had themis and adapti bar last time, a lot of the questions overlapped, does themis have access to all the questions from adapti bar?

still really want to know about this question if anyone knows!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 pm

L_William_W wrote:I went from a pathetically low 118.6 MBE on the July 2014 New York bar exam to a 149.3 MBE on the July 2017 New York bar exam (that I passed) and I can unequivocally say that Adaptibar is pure shit. Adaptibar consists of questions from bar exams in the late-1990's and early 2000's. Those questions are easier than the question on the most recent bar exams. I pissed away $400 on Adaptibar. What happened me in July 2017 was Strategies and Tactics Finz and Kaplan. Those questions are deceptively hard- just like the real bar exam. I also used the Emanuel's MBE boot camp books. There are books on all of the MBE subjects except Civ Pro and they're available on Amazon. Those books actually tell you how to get the correct answer.
What helped me in July 2017. It was an obvious typo.

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:59 pm

L_William_W wrote:
What helped me in July 2017. It was an obvious typo.
which bootcamp book should I get? and if you don't mind me asking how did you use S & T, did you read the whole section on a given subject and then attack the questions + explanations?

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Get all six bootcamp books

https://www.amazon.com/MBE-Bootcamp-Pro ... e+bootcamp

https://www.amazon.com/MBE-Bootcamp-Tor ... e+bootcamp

https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Emanuels-B ... e+bootcamp

https://www.amazon.com/MBE-Bootcamp-Cri ... e+bootcamp

Learn the strategies in the books. After you learned the strategies, practice them in Strategies and Tactics. Do every single problem there is. If you get something wrong, make a flashcard with the pertinent rule.

https://www.amazon.com/Strategies-Tacti ... tegies+mbe

Once you finished Strategies and Tactics, move on to the harder material, which is the same level of difficulty as the bar

https://www.amazon.com/Strategies-Tacti ... egies+finz

https://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Practice- ... 2656022011

Cavi

New

Post by Cavi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:12 am

Can I get a code for discount on Adaptibar pls?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm

They don’t offer them anymore. Stop asking.

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:50 pm

The friend referral program is gone, but I have an authorized code that I've been sending out. Just wish people would check their PMs more often.

Tigerlily74

New

Post by Tigerlily74 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:30 pm

a male human wrote:The friend referral program is gone, but I have an authorized code that I've been sending out. Just wish people would check their PMs more often.
Could you please send it to me? Thank you so much! :D

SoScrewed6

New

Post by SoScrewed6 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

a male human wrote:The friend referral program is gone, but I have an authorized code that I've been sending out. Just wish people would check their PMs more often.

If you still have the Adaptibar code - I'd REALLLLLLLLLY appreciate it!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”