2018 July DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
reign1480

New

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Post by reign1480 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:06 am

I am a July 2018 test taker and have been waiting, patiently, for my certificate as well. Frustrating that we cannot make any income at the moment, considering this awkward limbo period we find ourselves in.

I called on Monday and was asked if I had already spoke to someone. Not quite sure if she meant that day or on one of the other 500 occasions I called. So I said no and gave her my name. She said they "had my report" and that they should "get to me" this week or early next week. I am presuming she was referring to the NCBE report? Before I could clarify, the call was disconnected.

Hopefully "get to me" means that they will be issuing the certificate. I will keep you updated.

nagy1

New

Post by nagy1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm

certification received!

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 pm

nagy1 wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
nagy1 wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
Rufussteck wrote:Has anyone heard anything since the February bar ended? Are us July passers a priority again? Any appetite for a lawsuit?
I called last week. Got a very nice lady on the phone. Promised to call back. Haven't heard anything.

Same. She said I would hear back Monday (yesterday) I called today but they dont take calls from 12p-3p. Im going try again at3p
Let us know what happens.

Called back yesterday.Got a not so nice lady. She said " I dont know who you spoke to but we don't call people." I left my name as instructed. Called again today and got the same individual. Left my name again and she said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call back.
I thought I saw somewhere, maybe this thread, that someone called 17x and finally got their certification. Not sure if annoying them is a good strategy but I think persistence is key.
You probably got the head of the department. She's stressing. Tries to be fair, but she's under scrutiny and can be impatient. I wonder if the staff is large enough?

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:57 pm

nagy1 wrote:certification received!
Eeyay!

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Anybody still waiting?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rufussteck

New

Post by Rufussteck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:18 pm

rgrunds wrote:Anybody still waiting?

Rufussteck

New

Post by Rufussteck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm

[/quote]

Yep, still haven’t heard a thing. Good thing my pay grade is tied to bar membership....

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Rufussteck wrote:
Yep, still haven’t heard a thing. Good thing my pay grade is tied to bar membership....[/quote]

That's miserable. A guy on this board applied for reciprocity...last January.....2018....and still hasn't heard.

One person on the message section for the DCist article claims to not have a certification after having passed the July 2017 bar.

See "Sally" in the comments. Sounds hard to believe.

Hendy

New

Post by Hendy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm

They aren't answering the phone today even during "phone" hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hendy wrote:They aren't answering the phone today even during "phone" hours.
They must be working on the file of the guy who asked for reciprocity in January of 2018.

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Any new certifications over the past week?

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:09 pm

rgrunds wrote:Any new certifications over the past week?
Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 am

wwwcol wrote:
Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.
This kind of delay for a waive in? Hard to believe. What are the processes in that office?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:04 pm

rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:
This kind of delay for a waive in? Hard to believe. What are the processes in that office?
I was recently admitted via waiver. Whole process was about 13 mo

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm

barkschool wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:
I was recently admitted via waiver. Whole process was about 13 mo
Good for you. 13 months is offensive.

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:21 pm

WOW.... Reading all your posts has me discouraged. I passed in July but still needed to take the MPRE which I will be taking tomorrow. I was actually thinking I could be sworn in, in July but based on what I am reading that may not be the case.

MPRE results will be out the first week of May, so I would hope that I could be certified in enough time to be sworn in, in July.

Fingers crossed.

Ms2esq

New

Post by Ms2esq » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm

My status changes to receipt on 3/15. I got my certification email today.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 am

Ms2esq wrote:My status changes to receipt on 3/15. I got my certification email today.
Good. Thanks for the info.

HokieHi307

New

Post by HokieHi307 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 am

Ms2esq wrote:My status changes to receipt on 3/15. I got my certification email today.
Where did you find this status updater? I'm really confused about this whole process. Do you have to actively do anything additional to get a certification?

Ms2esq

New

Post by Ms2esq » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:49 pm

HokieHi307 wrote:
Where did you find this status updater? I'm really confused about this whole process. Do you have to actively do anything additional to get a certification?
status is updated through the portal that you sign in to do your application. I didn't do anything. It seems to be more of just a hurry up and wait thing at this point. They are sending out the certifications slowly but surely.

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Ms2esq wrote:
HokieHi307 wrote:
status is updated through the portal that you sign in to do your application. I didn't do anything. It seems to be more of just a hurry up and wait thing at this point. They are sending out the certifications slowly but surely.
Thank you. I tried accessing my application. It was closed months ago. The administrator said there is no access to them to prevent people from changing entries. I went to the portal and there is no information about the status of my certification.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rufussteck

New

Post by Rufussteck » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Still waiting. I called two weeks ago and was told my C&F expired but I should have my certification by last Wednesday. Nothing. Called Friday, was told to call back Monday because I couldn’t be found in the system. Called today, was told that they don’t take calls on Monday normally but that they would look me up. The lady said that the were still reviewing my C&F report and that I should hear something by Wednesday..... getting to be ridiculous. Out about 8k in wages so far by not being barred on a reasonable date of December 1. Considering a lawsuit.

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:15 pm

Rufussteck wrote:Still waiting. I called two weeks ago and was told my C&F expired but I should have my certification by last Wednesday. Nothing. Called Friday, was told to call back Monday because I couldn’t be found in the system. Called today, was told that they don’t take calls on Monday normally but that they would look me up. The lady said that the were still reviewing my C&F report and that I should hear something by Wednesday..... getting to be ridiculous. Out about 8k in wages so far by not being barred on a reasonable date of December 1. Considering a lawsuit.
Lawsuit won’t go anywhere. Better off just calling daily to ask for updates, as terrible an option as that is

Fortunately my employer is understanding but I’m still stuck in review. I saw ms2esq got approved in less than a week, which makes me think this won’t drag on fir months

rgrunds

New

Post by rgrunds » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:30 pm

wwwcol wrote:
Rufussteck wrote:Still waiting. I called two weeks ago and was told my C&F expired but I should have my certification by last Wednesday. Nothing. Called Friday, was told to call back Monday because I couldn’t be found in the system. Called today, was told that they don’t take calls on Monday normally but that they would look me up. The lady said that the were still reviewing my C&F report and that I should hear something by Wednesday..... getting to be ridiculous. Out about 8k in wages so far by not being barred on a reasonable date of December 1. Considering a lawsuit.
Lawsuit won’t go anywhere. Better off just calling daily to ask for updates, as terrible an option as that is

Fortunately my employer is understanding but I’m still stuck in review. I saw ms2esq got approved in less than a week, which makes me think this won’t drag on fir months
It has dragged on for months. Should have been done by December 21, 2018

wwwcol

Bronze

Post by wwwcol » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:26 am

rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:

It has dragged on for months. Should have been done by December 21, 2018
why do you have such a specific date in mind? If it’s because of that 10-month thing they mention on the website...pretty clear that’s unrealistic and they don’t care about meeting it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”