Transfer MBE score from Illinois - for UBE JX? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Legallybrunettes

New

Transfer MBE score from Illinois - for UBE JX?

Post by Legallybrunettes » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:52 am

Does anyone know if we can transfer our MBE score to a UBE jurisdiction and only take the essays this July?

I am so confused with this MBE transfer score form, if anyone could give me guidance that would be great.

rkreymer

Bronze

Re: Transfer MBE score from Illinois - for UBE JX?

Post by rkreymer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:16 am

Legallybrunettes wrote:Does anyone know if we can transfer our MBE score to a UBE jurisdiction and only take the essays this July?

I am so confused with this MBE transfer score form, if anyone could give me guidance that would be great.

I believe you can only transfer the whole score from one UBE jurisdiction to another UBE jurisdiction. Lets say you need 266 for NY and get 260 in NY, you failed NY but you can transfer your score to state with a lower UBE score such as NM.

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:38 am

Legallybrunettes wrote:Does anyone know if we can transfer our MBE score to a UBE jurisdiction and only take the essays this July?

You may be able to do this for DC. Not sure though. Call DC committee on admission to verify.

maxmartin

Silver

Post by maxmartin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Some accept, some don't. You need to go to the webpage of the UBE state of your interest to read its score transfer rules.

Legallybrunettes

New

Post by Legallybrunettes » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:11 am

http://help.ncbex.org/score-services#mbe-2674

Thanks for all of the help everyone, anyone else who was curious I found the NCBE website listing all jx that accept an MBE transferred score!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 pm

For a portable UBE score, you need to take the entire UBE including the MBE or else you won't have a portable score.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Legallybrunettes wrote:http://help.ncbex.org/score-services#mbe-2674

Thanks for all of the help everyone, anyone else who was curious I found the NCBE website listing all jx that accept an MBE transferred score!
https://i.imgur.com/u3iX9SV.png (Orange = UBE)

There, I fixed it :lol:

My $.02

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”