JULY 2018 BAR EXAM ADVICE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JD28

New

JULY 2018 BAR EXAM ADVICE

Post by JD28 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:25 am

Hey! I failed the July 17 bar exam, and then passed the February 18 bar exam by 30 points. I found this site helpful and just wanted to give back- so if anyone is looking for advice or has questions, feel free to reach out on here! For anyone wondering, here is what I did differently:

The first time- followed BARBRI, watched all lecture videos, did a bunch of BARBRI simulated MBE questions and a few s&t MBE questions, did a few practice MEES. Studied at home about 4-5 days a week.

The second time- only used BARBRI for the actual law. watched 0 lectures. for MBE questions I ONLY used adaptibar and I did over 1000 MBE questions through them. I also simulated full timed MBE exams. for MEE I used JD advising one-sheets, made my own study guides, and took MANY practice MEEs. I also took a 3 hour MEE Seminar through JD advising. I felt that it was very expensive but I did like it. I also attended the free bar prep classes 1x a week at my law school. I studied every single day (except for Christmas eve) for 3 months straight. I took literally 1 day off.

I hope this is helpful!! This is what worked for me, but everyone is different! GOOD LUCK to everyone taking the exam this summer xoxo

b290

Bronze

Re: JULY 2018 BAR EXAM ADVICE

Post by b290 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:17 pm

JD28 wrote:Hey! I failed the July 17 bar exam, and then passed the February 18 bar exam by 30 points. I found this site helpful and just wanted to give back- so if anyone is looking for advice or has questions, feel free to reach out on here! For anyone wondering, here is what I did differently:

The first time- followed BARBRI, watched all lecture videos, did a bunch of BARBRI simulated MBE questions and a few s&t MBE questions, did a few practice MEES. Studied at home about 4-5 days a week.

The second time- only used BARBRI for the actual law. watched 0 lectures. for MBE questions I ONLY used adaptibar and I did over 1000 MBE questions through them. I also simulated full timed MBE exams. for MEE I used JD advising one-sheets, made my own study guides, and took MANY practice MEEs. I also took a 3 hour MEE Seminar through JD advising. I felt that it was very expensive but I did like it. I also attended the free bar prep classes 1x a week at my law school. I studied every single day (except for Christmas eve) for 3 months straight. I took literally 1 day off.

I hope this is helpful!! This is what worked for me, but everyone is different! GOOD LUCK to everyone taking the exam this summer xoxo
This is what I love about TLS. May I ask what state did you pass in?

Some other questions, which might be helpful for retakers (and even first timers):

- How did you find studying in February as opposed to July? Having done both, I found July studying easier (more time, better weather, less holidays, etc.).
- Did you work while studying?
- How'd you keep going? Any inspiration? (You can keep it general)

Congrats and well done counselor! :D

My $.02

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Sun May 06, 2018 2:09 pm

Thank you!! I passed in New York. I actually felt the complete opposite way about February vs. July- for July I had a hard time finding the motivation to study when it was so nice outside and I would have rather been at the beach than studying. I didn't work while studying. Not all people are in a situation where not working is possible of course, but for me I found it helpful to be able to focus all of my energy on bar prep. Finding inspiration to take the bar exam, especially after failing, was the hardest part. I decided to give my self a few weeks after finding out I didn't pass so that I could deal with my feelings about that and mentally prepare to study again. I would read articles about what second time passers did differently to pass, I printed inspirational quotes off of Pinterest (lol) and took breaks throughout each day to avoid burning out. I recommend taking short breaks and spending them watching tv or doing whatever allows your mind to completely rest. I also took all natural energy supplements every morning. It's not easy at all but you just have to push through. sending good vibes to everyone bar prepping :D

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Also highly recommend Studicata... here is a link to check it out ! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... AiZnb6rIEr

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”