Barbri Midterm/Refresher vs. Actual scaled MBE (2018 edition) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
purplelaw887

New

Re: Barbri Midterm/Refresher vs. Actual scaled MBE (2018 edition)

Post by purplelaw887 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:27 am

Barbri Simulated exam : 116
Actual: 139

kappagamma

New

Post by kappagamma » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm

The 2017 thread helped me immensely when I felt like shit about my Simulated MBE score so here I am with my abysmal scores

Simulated MBE: 98/200 (yeah LOL)
Barbri Refresher: I ended up not taking it since I was so demoralized by the above (don't recommend this)
Actual MBE: 134.8 (not so great either but I ended up passing in every UBE jx thanks to my written score)

In retrospect, I don't consider the Simulated MBE to have been reflective of my understanding or my abilities. Before the Simulated MBE, I was scoring 60-65% consistently on the Barbri practice sets. When I took the Simulated, I had maybe 2 of the MBE subjects memorized really well, and hadn't even looked gotten close to memorizing evidence. I didn't sleep very well the night before and also had timing issues which up until that point had never been a problem for me. On the day of the actual MBE, I ended up finishing both sections with anywhere from 15-30 mins to spare. Nevertheless, I let my score on the Simulated MBE psyche me out and discourage me to the point where I had several anxiety attacks and convinced myself I was going to fail which was awful for my mental health.

What you do in those last few weeks of bar prep can make or break your performance on the real exam so I suggest using a poor score on the Simulated MBE to keep you motivated for the remaining time. I used Critical Pass to help me memorize the black letter law and then drilled the areas that I had trouble with on the Simulated MBE using the specific practice sets that Barbri had put up. Although I didn't do as much of Emanuel's as I would have liked to, I read the strategies section for each subject and really tried to implement those while doing questions and they were so so helpful.

Moral of the story is: DON'T GIVE UP - if I can do it, so can you!

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:10 am

Barbri 200 question test: 141/200
Refresher: 73/100
MBE (scaled score): 169

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:52 am

Barbri Midterm: 104/200
Refresher: 58/100
Actual: 137 (thankfully my essays/mpt must've helped even though I completely thought I blanked out and bombed those)

dclawlawlaw

New

Post by dclawlawlaw » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Barbri Midterm: 95/200-- I was terrified
Refresher: 55/100-- Even more afraid and basically stopped sleeping (bad idea)
MBE Scaled Score: 143.699999999(millions of 9's followed)

Passed D.C with total 274.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boravlee

New

Post by boravlee » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 am

Babri Midterm: 129
MBE Scaled: 152.3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”