Bar Tutor Needed- Florida Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Cati

New

Bar Tutor Needed- Florida

Post by Cati » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello all.

I am looking for a tutor in Florida and specifically in the Miami area. I am also open to online if it is *very* good.

I have tried Grossman, but I would like to hear some other options in the area.

I am a repeat taker.....

Thank you greatly.

anandamide

New

Re: Bar Tutor Needed- Florida

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 am

I recommend David Goldman. He helped my husband pass VA after 2 failed attempts. He’s in NJ but after 6 tutors, he’s the best! (I know he does FL too!)

dubj

New

Post by dubj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Get Barbri and get adaptibar.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 am

I won't recommend myself (seems biased) but you can view my blog and see if you'd like to talk some more!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

takeonbarexam

New

Post by takeonbarexam » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi there,

15+ year bar exam coach and 10-year legal writing law prof here. You're welcome to check out my website to see if you're interested in my help. The February 2018 FL bar exam went extremely well for my repeat takers.

Michele
Take On Bar Exam Coaching

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

verejacob

New

Post by verejacob » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Foreign educated. Graduated law school 15 years back. Passed Feb 2018 NY bar exam by 13 points. Failed Feb 2017 (took exam on a whim) by 36 points and July 2017 by 10 points. Alisa Geller (www.hitthehighbar.com) was my bar tutor and she's instrumental for my success. She helped me learn how to approach and answer the MPTs and essays the proper way, as well as helped me gain confidence with MBE. I had very limited time to study (due to hectic work schedule and family responsibilities). Alisa helped me create my own study schedule, and not only helped clarify complex legal rules, such as RAP, but also helped me get into the habit of answering MBE questions correctly and on time.

What I really liked about Alisa is that not only she's knowledgeable but also she has a keen understanding of what my weaknesses were and helped turn them into my strengths. She was very patient with me and never kicked up a fuss or charged me overtime even though several of my one-on-one one hour study sessions with her often went beyond one hour. When I had signed up with Barbri, Barbri also threw in 5 hours session with a Barbri tutor. However, I was very disappointed with the Barbri tutor, who was more interested in bragging about his experience in the law profession and was constantly checking (and letting me know) the time, and would abruptly stop tutoring as soon as the time was up. With Alisa, that was never the case - she always gave priority to my interest and made sure that I had understood the subject well and encouraged me to ask questions, even when the time was up.

If you're foreign educated and/or a retaker like me, I would suggest that you give her a try. She tutored me in person but I think she tutors via Skype too, if you're not residing in NY/NJ.

I also took Barbri but never could keep pace with the program. What worked for me well was making own outlines (from Barbri lectures and Conviser), practising MBE midterm and refresher and going through Barbri MEE and MPT practice books to get a good understanding of issue spotting. Bought S&T as well as Critical Pass but never found time to use them.

camturner

New

Post by camturner » Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

I just took the February Florida bar and scored a 156/169. I'm an attorney in Illinois with 20 years experience. I'm considering doing some mentoring for the FL bar given my experience and my scores. Feel free to reach out to me at:

cameronturner1972@gmail.com

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”