Older Version of Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics OK for MBE Practice? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Pawprynt

New

Older Version of Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics OK for MBE Practice?

Post by Pawprynt » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:11 pm

I heeded the advice of some and decided to look into the S&T book. I ended up ordering the 2009 version to check it out since I got it for $5 "used" on Amazon and it is seriously brand new and looks great - I randomly did one MBE question and got it right. I guess I'm good to go! JK.

I know it doesn't have the Civ Pro questions, but is this older version still okay to supplement for practice questions or should I splurge on a newer copy?

Thanks in advance!

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Older Version of Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics OK for MBE Practice?

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 pm

I'd say get a new version; even if it's just for the Civ Pro alone. But 2009 really goes back quite a bit (I forget if that is one or two editions ago) and although the questions aren't updated often, some aspects of the strategies are. Worth getting the newest edition of the book.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

b290

Bronze

Re: Older Version of Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics OK for MBE Practice?

Post by b290 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 am

Pawprynt wrote:I heeded the advice of some and decided to look into the S&T book. I ended up ordering the 2009 version to check it out since I got it for $5 "used" on Amazon and it is seriously brand new and looks great - I randomly did one MBE question and got it right. I guess I'm good to go! JK.

I know it doesn't have the Civ Pro questions, but is this older version still okay to supplement for practice questions or should I splurge on a newer copy?

Thanks in advance!
It’s better than nothing (and you can use it), but you still should get the newer edition (yes, for the Civ Pro). Especially since right now, it’s still pretty cheap (I got mine for less than $40). If you wait, you might pay closer to the sticker $60 because it’s closer to ‘bar season’

My $.02

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”