New York Bar July 2018 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
b290

Bronze

Re: New York Bar July 2018

Post by b290 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Findedeux wrote:$25 for a cold sandwich.

Geez.
The “convenience tax” of waiting on line (and not going outside) is pretty steep :lol:

My $.02

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm

b290 wrote:
Findedeux wrote:$25 for a cold sandwich.

Geez.
The “convenience tax” of waiting on line (and not going outside) is pretty steep :lol:

My $.02
Very steep! :lol: :lol: :shock: :arrow: :roll:

ToastMalone

New

Post by ToastMalone » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Pretty sure the answer is no but we don't need to bring a photo of ourselves like we did for the LSAT or MPRE right?

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Is the Buffalo Convention Center cold? Should I bring a jacket?

playwright

New

Post by playwright » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 pm

What's the bathroom situation like at Armory? Long lines?
Also, how does the Personal Belongings Room work? They emphasize that there may be long lines. I'm planning on bringing my lunch, cell phone, and some notes with me and leaving them there. Would there be enough time to access them during lunch break?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gasfard

New

Post by gasfard » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Can I bring a jacket? They mention that we can keep our coats at the personal belongings room but does that mean that jackets aren't allowed inside?

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm

playwright wrote:What's the bathroom situation like at Armory? Long lines?
Also, how does the Personal Belongings Room work? They emphasize that there may be long lines. I'm planning on bringing my lunch, cell phone, and some notes with me and leaving them there. Would there be enough time to access them during lunch break?
I took (and passed) the bar at the Armory last July. The bathrooms are fairly large (there is a wait, but it's not ridiculously long) and the lunch break is long enough for you to look at your notes. Of course, you have to leave all of your stuff in a separate room.

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:07 pm

gasfard wrote:Can I bring a jacket? They mention that we can keep our coats at the personal belongings room but does that mean that jackets aren't allowed inside?
You can bring a sweater or a hoodie (the hood must be tucked), but you can't bring a jacket into the room.

gasfard

New

Post by gasfard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:41 pm

L_William_W wrote:
gasfard wrote:Can I bring a jacket? They mention that we can keep our coats at the personal belongings room but does that mean that jackets aren't allowed inside?
You can bring a sweater or a hoodie (the hood must be tucked), but you can't bring a jacket into the room.
thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:57 pm

adil91 wrote:Is the Buffalo Convention Center cold? Should I bring a jacket?
I did a baseball jersey (shortsleeve) and a t-shirt underneath. That was fine.
ToastMalone wrote:Pretty sure the answer is no but we don't need to bring a photo of ourselves like we did for the LSAT or MPRE right?
Correct but you do need gov't ID (which has a pic).
playwright wrote:What's the bathroom situation like at Armory? Long lines?
I did it in Buffalo (so I don't know abot the Armory). The bathroom situation was also good (multiple bathrooms). For July, most applicants will take the test in the upper area (main floor), but some will take the exam at the lower level rooms - same level as the belonging room (this option only exists for July). I've forgotten which but I think it should say so on the ticket. I went to use it once I got situated - I just wanted to avoid the

As for belongings,you should be good with leaving stuff in the belongings room. Just remember where you put it to save you time looking for it later.

My $.02

ToastMalone

New

Post by ToastMalone » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Findedeux wrote:For those of you going to Saratoga, do we really need to be there at 8am?

Since we don't even start until 9:30 it seems like a waste of time to get there so early since the longs shouldn't be too long.

same question for Buffalo. I know we need to be in our seats by 9 but is it entirely necessary to get there an hour early? Would rather not stand around in a big crowd full of nervous people for an hour if possible.

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Will they provide us the Examplify passwords for the MEE and MPT or do we have to memorize our Examplify passwords?

purpleyrain

New

Post by purpleyrain » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Also, I know this is a stupid question but how cold does it get at the Armory? I tend to get cold really easily. Like 2 hours at a starbucks in August and I have on a sweatshirt and a fleece jacket and long pants when everyone else has a t-shirt and shorts. Are we only allowed sweaters and sweatshirts and no jackets?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

miro

New

Post by miro » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:53 pm

I took the Barbri simulation there, and I (and other people) thought it was pretty warm. (I tend to get cold fairly easily too.) Granted, it was 90-something degrees that day, but whatever A/C system or fans they have seems to be on the weak side.

gasfard

New

Post by gasfard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:15 pm

I know that laptop sleeves and cases are not allowed, but are laptop skins fine?

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Can anyone speak to how cold it gets at MetroWest in Manhattan?

NorthGroundsRat

New

Post by NorthGroundsRat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:06 pm

How's everyone feeling? I have basically stopped studying at this point. A little anxious, but optimistic.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bigLexcited

New

Post by bigLexcited » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:10 pm

NorthGroundsRat wrote:How's everyone feeling? I have basically stopped studying at this point. A little anxious, but optimistic.
Still revising. Race against time. Feel like so much i dont remember/ need to revise/ learn again.

airylef

New

Post by airylef » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm so anxious. I'm always anxious, though, so it's worse.

I just checked into my hotel in Albany. Never been here before (from CT, spent most of my time since HS in NYC). This city is... bizarre. My husband and I walked by about ten restaurants that were closed before we found a dimly-lit dive kind of place. I'm used to things closing early on Sunday, but not being entirely closed. Even places that said they would be open were closed. And very few people were even around. It's like the beginning of a damn zombie movie out there.

I'm not feeling very confident. I'm worried about the MEE. During prep I just did everything too quickly - I'm a really fast test taker, I read and write quickly. And I think with the MEE and MBE that's been hurting me. I'm going to do some more MBEs tonight, but I think that'll be it... I'm afraid I'll make it worse if I do stuff tomorrow.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

bigLexcited wrote:
NorthGroundsRat wrote:How's everyone feeling? I have basically stopped studying at this point. A little anxious, but optimistic.
Still revising. Race against time. Feel like so much i dont remember/ need to revise/ learn again.
There's nothing extra you can do at this point. Trying to do too much now is actually counterproductive.

Go over your game plan and finesse it. Exam day is more about performance for that day than knowledge.

My $.02

frqw9201

New

Post by frqw9201 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:02 am

Anyone know if umbrellas are allowed?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

purpleyrain

New

Post by purpleyrain » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:54 pm

frqw9201 wrote:Anyone know if umbrellas are allowed?
Probably not past the security point since the items listed on the security policy PDF are all-inclusive. I'll bring mine but chuck it in my bag which I plan to leave at the personal belongings room.
miro wrote:I took the Barbri simulation there, and I (and other people) thought it was pretty warm. (I tend to get cold fairly easily too.) Granted, it was 90-something degrees that day, but whatever A/C system or fans they have seems to be on the weak side.
Thanks for the response! I'm hopeful... I'll just bring my sweatshirt inside but leave a spare jacket in my bag that I can grab during lunch. (Traveling to NYC now and, as usual, shivering in my sweatshirt and fleece...)

rgn122000

New

Post by rgn122000 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:55 pm

So if someone was hypothetically stupid enough to wait until now to print their bar ticket, and the bar website was down, what would you recommend?

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:02 pm

rgn122000 wrote:So if someone was hypothetically stupid enough to wait until now to print their bar ticket, and the bar website was down, what would you recommend?
Surely the site will be up again within the next 10 hours? Or was it not emailed to you??

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Whoever said Saratoga Springs was well organized and not super crowded is out of their damn mind. What a mess.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”