Florida essay portion Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
byag

New

Florida essay portion

Post by byag » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well after the Feb. 2018 exam. As I await my UBE results, I am looking to start preparing for July's Florida bar exam and need advice in re learning the material on the Florida essay portion. I went to law school in NY and do not know Florida law.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Florida essay portion

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:55 pm

On its website, the Florida Board of Bar Examiners has listed outlines for every subject tested on the state portion of the exam. I can't claim these are extremely helpful but they at least provide some kind of structure as to what to study! In addition, for Florida, it's really important to understand the exam; certain subjects (Florida Civil Procedure, Florida Criminal Procedure, Florida Evidence, Wills, and Business Associations) are only tested on the Florida multiple choice portion of the exam. You'll want to study for these subjects differently than the others because for these you need to know the very fine details. For a subject like Trusts, or Florida Constitutional Law, etc., these are tested on the essay portion so it's enough to have a big picture knowledge of the subjects.

You'll want to review the old essays that the board has posted---the essay topics tend to repeat so these are very helpful. What makes Florida a tough exam is that there are a lot of subjects tested, quite a few more than the UBE. Start early and the test is very doable!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

byag

New

Post by byag » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Thank you! Is there a bar prep service that tailors only to the Florida exam w/o UBE? And are the UBE subjects also on the FL portion?

JackSparrow123

New

Post by JackSparrow123 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:42 pm

byag wrote:Thank you! Is there a bar prep service that tailors only to the Florida exam w/o UBE? And are the UBE subjects also on the FL portion?
I have both UBE and FL bar prep materials (including extra study materials). Let me know if you are interested.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:15 pm

I think maybe you mean are the MBE subjects on the essay portion. The UBE is a separate exam that Florida has not yet adopted, but the MBE subjects do show up on the Florida essay portion quite often. Sometimes every essay is an MBE subject!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SoFlolawyer

New

Post by SoFlolawyer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

[quote="byag"]Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well after the Feb. 2018 exam. As I await my UBE results, I am looking to start preparing for July's Florida bar exam and need advice in re learning the material on the Florida essay portion. I went to law school in NY and do not know Florida law.
This is the portion of the bar that provides the most opportunity to pick up points. You need a bar prep course or tutor who knows Florida law very well. I know Florida law very well. I scored a scaled Florida bar score of 159. I explain my method, and have posted a mini Florida Essay class. Also, I put my.money where my mouth is. My students pay their tuition directly to an escrow company, not to me, and not to my company. If students fail the bar after completing my course, their money is returned to them, directly from the escrow company, and I don't get paid: www.thefordmethod.com

SoFlolawyer

New

Post by SoFlolawyer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 am

byag wrote:Thank you! Is there a bar prep service that tailors only to the Florida exam w/o UBE? And are the UBE subjects also on the FL portion?
My program tailors only to the Florida exam [And MBE, seperately]. I don't teach the UBE, and the Florida bar does not include the UBE. I plan on tackling the UBE in the future. But, I do not believe Florida will ever join the UBE. The Florida subjects do not change. They are all listed on the bar website. The essays are all the same Florida subjects, and often include Federal Con Low too, but that is the only Federal law you will encounter on the Florida bar. The MBE, or Multistate bar exam, has Federal law.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”