EXTREME PARANOIA (C + F) PLEASE HELP Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

EXTREME PARANOIA (C + F) PLEASE HELP

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:43 pm

I am graduating this May from an Ohio law school.

Long story short I was going to sit for the Michigan bar where you don't sign up for C + F until your last semester. I got a dream job offer in Ohio last minute.

I quickly saw the Ohio late deadline to sit for the July 2018 bar was Jan 15 for C + F. I made the deadline by Jan 10. The NCBE is now saying no guarantee if they will get to it in time. Anyone have this issue or cut it close??

Also, since I was rushing the application, I forgot a few bs jobs I had in college, (few months at a time). Didn't purposefully leave them out, and have no bad blood with those employers. I have no arrest record or have ever been disciplined by any agency. What do I do about the accidental omission? Anyone deal with this?

I have extreme stress with me accepting the job offer and now being scared I can not even sit for the bar. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lawworld19

Bronze

Re: EXTREME PARANOIA (C + F) PLEASE HELP

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 pm

No one?

JackSparrow123

New

Post by JackSparrow123 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:No one?
Just chill. U good bruh.

ipse dixit

New

Post by ipse dixit » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Does your state require that you report ALL jobs (regardless of duration) or only positions held for 6 months or longer? In my state, the application instructs not to list jobs lasting for less than 6 months, unless it is a law-related job.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:00 am

ipse dixit wrote:Does your state require that you report ALL jobs (regardless of duration) or only positions held for 6 months or longer? In my state, the application instructs not to list jobs lasting for less than 6 months, unless it is a law-related job.

All. I guess my question is do they pull your W-2s?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ipse dixit

New

Post by ipse dixit » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:14 am

Lawworld19 wrote:
ipse dixit wrote:Does your state require that you report ALL jobs (regardless of duration) or only positions held for 6 months or longer? In my state, the application instructs not to list jobs lasting for less than 6 months, unless it is a law-related job.

All. I guess my question is do they pull your W-2s?
Assuming that your state's C&F application specifies that you have an on-going duty to supplement your C&F application with any changes, then you *should* supplement your application with information that you inadvertently omitted from your initial submission. After all, candor is the best policy. That said, I don't know whether or not they will actually pull your W-2s or get information from the IRS or your state's income taxing authority.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 am

How long did it take for you to get back your C + F?

cedarseoul

New

Post by cedarseoul » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:12 am

State bar examiners and NCBE cannot simply "pull" your W2s. The IRS does not release confidential taxpayer information unless the taxpayer signs a specific authorization. (This is why, for instance, federal background investigations that require a tax record check include a separate, IRS-specific form in addition to the ordinary release paperwork.)

Past employers may very well appear on your credit report, however. And regardless, you ought to supplement. I took the bar in Ohio and filed at least one supplemental form due to an address that I inadvertently omitted. No big deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”