CA C&F Timeline Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
valentina

New

CA C&F Timeline

Post by valentina » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

I submitted my C&F mid-February and I'm a bit surprised that it's a full month later and none of my references have received letters yet. I've read everywhere that references were usually contacted immediately after the application was submitted, usually within two weeks or so. I'm an attorney in good standing (10+ years) in another jurisdiction and have zero red flags on my application.

ipse dixit

New

Re: CA C&F Timeline

Post by ipse dixit » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm

I submitted in the first week of January, and I think it took about 3 weeks before I heard from my references that they had received the evaluation form. It could be a delay due to the volume of applications at the time that it was received. Have you logged into the State Bar's website to check on the status of your application to make sure it is in a completed status?

valentina

New

Post by valentina » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm

ipse dixit wrote:I submitted in the first week of January, and I think it took about 3 weeks before I heard from my references that they had received the evaluation form. It could be a delay due to the volume of applications at the time that it was received. Have you logged into the State Bar's website to check on the status of your application to make sure it is in a completed status?
It says that the paper copy was received and my application is now under review.

ipse dixit

New

Post by ipse dixit » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 am

valentina wrote:
ipse dixit wrote:I submitted in the first week of January, and I think it took about 3 weeks before I heard from my references that they had received the evaluation form. It could be a delay due to the volume of applications at the time that it was received. Have you logged into the State Bar's website to check on the status of your application to make sure it is in a completed status?
It says that the paper copy was received and my application is now under review.
That's what my status says, too. So, it appears that you've done everything you can do, and most likely your references will be contacted shortly.

valentina

New

Post by valentina » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am

ipse dixit wrote:
valentina wrote:
That's what my status says, too. So, it appears that you've done everything you can do, and most likely your references will be contacted shortly.
<Sigh>.

Did you just submit this past January? Are you still waiting?

ipse dixit

New

Post by ipse dixit » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

valentina wrote:
ipse dixit wrote:
valentina wrote:
<Sigh>.

Did you just submit this past January? Are you still waiting?
Of course... I’ve heard this process usually takes 6 months; longer if there are issues. Also, apparently the applications from out of state attorneys go through the same process as for new attorneys, so it will probably take a similar amount of time. However, searching the forums here, I have found a few instances where it took only 3 months or so. Apparently at some point the file will be assigned to an analyst, and that’s when you know your file is really being reviewed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”