Can the MPRE be done online/abroad? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
zmg100

New

Can the MPRE be done online/abroad?

Post by zmg100 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Does anyone know if you can do the MPRE online or at an embassy abroad?

I am a foreign trained attorney and just sat the NY bar and really don't want to have to fly back just to do the 2 hour MPRE.

Thecharmishere

New

Re: Can the MPRE be done online/abroad?

Post by Thecharmishere » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm

zmg100 wrote:Does anyone know if you can do the MPRE online or at an embassy abroad?

I am a foreign trained attorney and just sat the NY bar and really don't want to have to fly back just to do the 2 hour MPRE.

No, the NYLE is online, the MPRE is not. If you sat for the exam for Feb18 I would consider waiting for the results before taking the MPRE (if i am not wrong the MPRE's score is good for a year).

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: Can the MPRE be done online/abroad?

Post by ExperssioUnius » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:15 am

The MPRE is good for two or three years in most states. But no, to confirm above post, I have never heard of it being administered online. That said, I believe Maryland does not require an MPRE so if being barred in Maryland is of any help to you, maybe look into whether they offer their bar online

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”