Ohio bar exam- February 2018- Thoughts? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bcls2018

New

Ohio bar exam- February 2018- Thoughts?

Post by bcls2018 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 am

I thought that morning MBE questions were tough. Also corporations and the second torts essays threw me for a loop.

Jmari

New

Re: Ohio bar exam- February 2018- Thoughts?

Post by Jmari » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 am

bcls2018 wrote:I thought that morning MBE questions were tough. Also corporations and the second torts essays threw me for a loop.
Agreed. I must have read the torts questions at least 5 times to figure out if I missed anything. The call of the question was vague. Also, with the first torts question, the second sub part was left open to many different claims. I ran out of space on that one

mka2016

New

Post by mka2016 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:13 am

Total circus. Mbe felt fine but essays were so vague/confusing. Tomorrow I’m just gonna book a hotel for July.

Anybody find out about what the Mbe issue was with the packet? Did it happen to a lot of people?

bcls2018

New

Post by bcls2018 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:11 pm

mka2016 wrote:Total circus. Mbe felt fine but essays were so vague/confusing. Tomorrow I’m just gonna book a hotel for July.

Anybody find out about what the Mbe issue was with the packet? Did it happen to a lot of people?

I think the issue was the the first question was missing in some packets.

Crockidator

New

Post by Crockidator » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 am

The MPT: One was clearly harder than the other. I realized after the fact that I goofed up on how I structured the more difficult one....and I ran out of time and brain power to do the type of analysis I wanted to too.

The MBE: WTF. I thought I was prepared for the MBE, but I was not ready for that. I was guessing on so many questions...and they were NOT easier than the Themis sets, despite common wisdom. AM session threw me for a loop big-time. PM, I was more prepared to have to guess and I thought the questions seemed more familiar.

The essays: So it's not unexpected that Ohio would throw obscure things onto the essays because sometimes they're jerks like that. But that second torts essay was crazy, and I refuse to check my outlines to see if I guessed anywhere near right on it, because really what's the point. And I either blanked, panicked, or just wasn't prepared for parts of the civpro and property ones. Con law was more straightforward than I worried it might be, but I couldn't find a good issue to discuss for one of the subparts and just flailed around. Why was Wills like a scary carnival ride? Was contracts actually straightforward or did I misunderstand the question? I have so many questions about what just happened, but my most burning one is simply: why?????

Overall, I walked in thinking I had prepared enough and walked out thinking I will be back in July.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bcls2018

New

Post by bcls2018 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Crockidator wrote:The MPT: One was clearly harder than the other. I realized after the fact that I goofed up on how I structured the more difficult one....and I ran out of time and brain power to do the type of analysis I wanted to too.

The MBE: WTF. I thought I was prepared for the MBE, but I was not ready for that. I was guessing on so many questions...and they were NOT easier than the Themis sets, despite common wisdom. AM session threw me for a loop big-time. PM, I was more prepared to have to guess and I thought the questions seemed more familiar.

The essays: So it's not unexpected that Ohio would throw obscure things onto the essays because sometimes they're jerks like that. But that second torts essay was crazy, and I refuse to check my outlines to see if I guessed anywhere near right on it, because really what's the point. And I either blanked, panicked, or just wasn't prepared for parts of the civpro and property ones. Con law was more straightforward than I worried it might be, but I couldn't find a good issue to discuss for one of the subparts and just flailed around. Why was Wills like a scary carnival ride? Was contracts actually straightforward or did I misunderstand the question? I have so many questions about what just happened, but my most burning one is simply: why?????

Overall, I walked in thinking I had prepared enough and walked out thinking I will be back in July.
That’s exactly how I felt when I walked out, and I agree about the Wills essay. There were way too many issues to cover in 30 minutes. My analysis on that one was terrible because I started to run out of time.

JParks_esq

New

Post by JParks_esq » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:06 pm

The bar has been over for a few days and I can't stop thinking about it! The second MPT was terrible. I didn't think the MBE was terrible, but there was so much that wasn't tested. It seemed heavy with Evidence, Civ Pro and con law questions. I used Adaptibar and I feel like it adequately prepared me, but you really just never know.

I did so many essays and was able to predict a lot of what was coming. I didn't think they would test Corporations again though, but they did. It was all about fundamental change so it wasn't that bad, but Im still not quite sure how I did. That Wills essays was on big covefefe! I spent half my time just outlining trying to figure out what went to whom. Luckily I read the rule for disinheritance and the 120 hour requirement for surviving the testator on Wednesday night. I was surprised by the Contracts essay because it had a will contest in it, but talked about an offer, so it took me a few minutes to realize it was just an offer/consideration/valid contract question. Did they really have to put the contracts and wills Q in the same hour? Smh. And the last Torts question? I didn't right that much, but I realized what they were getting at when I was driving home. Ahhhhh...is it April yet? May the curve be with us.

bcls2018

New

Post by bcls2018 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:20 pm

May the curb be with us is right. Unfortunately, I'll get the results while I'm out of town celebrating my birthday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”