NY Testing Sites Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nicolena.

Bronze

NY Testing Sites

Post by Nicolena. » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 am

I am taking the NY Bar in July 2018. I did not go to a NY law school and live out of state. I want to go to the White Plains testing site. Can anyone tell me if this is highly unlikely to happen? I've seen in other posts that a lot of people are stuck with either NYC, Buffalo, or Albany. Any advice or comments on this is appreciated. Thanks!

kc128

Bronze

Re: NY Testing Sites

Post by kc128 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I am taking the NY Bar in July 2018. I did not go to a NY law school and live out of state. I want to go to the White Plains testing site. Can anyone tell me if this is highly unlikely to happen? I've seen in other posts that a lot of people are stuck with either NYC, Buffalo, or Albany. Any advice or comments on this is appreciated. Thanks!
White Plains is usually an option for the July exam. The BOLE just changed their policy so you're not assigned an exam location anymore, it's more like first come, first serve sort of thing. Just check your e-mail regularly around that time and you'll probably be able to choose Pace w/out a problem.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I am taking the NY Bar in July 2018. I did not go to a NY law school and live out of state. I want to go to the White Plains testing site. Can anyone tell me if this is highly unlikely to happen? I've seen in other posts that a lot of people are stuck with either NYC, Buffalo, or Albany. Any advice or comments on this is appreciated. Thanks!
Ooo just saw you reside out of state. They used to route out-of-state residents to Buffalo or Albany. Not sure if that will remain true w/ the new select your own location mention I previously mentioned.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 am

The new change meant that those who didn’t go to school in NYC, nor graduated recently, didn’t get to choose until 2 DAYS after. So by the time everybody else got the email, NYC was not an option.

I wanted Buffalo, so I basically didn’t attend to the email right away. If you want NYC, and you fit into that non-recent grad/non NY school taker, you REALLY need to pay attention to the email - unless BOLE changes the policy again (which it can do :lol: )

What’s in your favor is that there are more testing sites, and seats, for the July exam. Still the above applies.

My $.02

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 am

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the different testing sites.

1. Are they extremely cold or hot? Did anyone wear layers since jackets aren’t allowed?
2. Because there are so many people testing (noticed can range from 1600-6000) was it uncomfortable taking the exam? Like was it cramped?
3. What are we allowed to leave outside the testing room? Can i bring lotion?
4. Overall preference of which site you recommend.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”