Barbri MBE Refresher Exam? (100 questions) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ScurryRay

New

Barbri MBE Refresher Exam? (100 questions)

Post by ScurryRay » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Does Barbri provide an average or percentile rank for this one? I don't see where it would be listed so guessing not.

Anyone care to share scores? I just got a 60/100 and am disappointed. Was expecting to do better than the full practice MBE and did slightly worse. Just curious if I am regressing or if these questions were harder.

kandi007

New

Re: Barbri MBE Refresher Exam? (100 questions)

Post by kandi007 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:02 pm

No average or percentage on this but they wanted you to get 56 out of 100. So by getting 60 you're above what they suggest you get.

Take the small victories! Last thing we need during Bar Prep is to let what we believe a "not good enough" score is get us down. The process itself is painful enough.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Hopefully, this indicates you are in range to get 120/200 on the real thing. That would get you a scaled score of 140-ish.

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you both

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:00 pm

ScurryRay wrote:Does Barbri provide an average or percentile rank for this one? I don't see where it would be listed so guessing not.

Anyone care to share scores? I just got a 60/100 and am disappointed. Was expecting to do better than the full practice MBE and did slightly worse. Just curious if I am regressing or if these questions were harder.
I wouldn’t feel bad at all about your score. You exceeded the target, which is a good indicator that you’re moving in the right direction and are on track for a solid MBE performance. My score on this one was (68 percent) was lower than what I got on the simulated MBE (71 percent). I think this is normal. I feel like “Refresher” is kind of a misnomer; the questions involved unusually tricky fact patterns and/or they tested on points of law that haven’t come up much in bar review.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 am

Thanks, MissT! That's helpful. I did read in the book that these questions were supposed to be more challenging. Nice work on the 71/68%. That's fantastic.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

I honestly can't remember what I got for the refresher. I think I was somewhere in your range and I passed, so you seem to be on the right track. But don't let this make you complacent. Keep working hard!

pfunkera

Bronze

Post by pfunkera » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm

I got 73 on the refresher and a 64 one the MBE practice test. I have done slight over 1000 Adaptibar questions. Those are easier than Barbri questions but really help you focus and learn the law. Then, you can issue spot the harder long fact pattern questions better. Plus the answer choices have some repetition in how they are presented if you do enough questions.

Anything over average is good - pass/fail test! :)

Thecharmishere

New

Post by Thecharmishere » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Any point on taking the refresher tomorrow?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pfunkera

Bronze

Post by pfunkera » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Thecharmishere wrote:Any point on taking the refresher tomorrow?
I took it as a practice 3 hour MBE session and started at the time the real MBE session would normally start. Sort of a practice run. Harder questions, but still forces you to get through 100 questions in 3 hours. Hopefully the real MBE will seem simpler in comparison and thus less stress.

I skimmed their provided answers after because it seemed like a waste of time to read all of that with such little time left. Many nitpicky exceptions that may confuse me more than help me to learn at this point.

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Thecharmishere wrote:Any point on taking the refresher tomorrow?
If it was me and I hadn't taken it, I would. If nothing else, you build the muscle memory of answering 100 questions in 3 hours. I found it worthwhile. Good luck on the exam.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Is it included in the BarBri package or is there a separate fee?

I have been murdering myself with real property and evidence questions over the last two days and want to see where all of this pain stacks up.

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:23 pm

RCinDNA wrote:Is it included in the BarBri package or is there a separate fee?

I have been murdering myself with real property and evidence questions over the last two days and want to see where all of this pain stacks up.
I have 2017’s books - It is in the end of the MPQ.

Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”