Adaptibar in addition to a prep course? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Nicolena

New

Adaptibar in addition to a prep course?

Post by Nicolena » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:50 am

I’ve noticed a lot of people pushing to use adaptibar. Are you guys using this in addition to a bar prep course? When did you use it - during the last few weeks before the bar? Thanks in advance!

shantideva

New

Re: Adaptibar in addition to a prep course?

Post by shantideva » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Nicolena wrote:I’ve noticed a lot of people pushing to use adaptibar. Are you guys using this in addition to a bar prep course? When did you use it - during the last few weeks before the bar? Thanks in advance!
Also curious!

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Nicolena wrote:I’ve noticed a lot of people pushing to use adaptibar. Are you guys using this in addition to a bar prep course? When did you use it - during the last few weeks before the bar? Thanks in advance!
I’m doing Barbri but began supplementing with AdaptiBar a few weeks ago, because I felt like I wasn’t getting enough MBE practice with Barbri’s MBE sets. My scores on the MBE questions began to improve once I incorporated AdaptiBar into my study routine. I do 30 AdaptiBar questions per day in addition to whatever Barbri assigns me. I love that I get lots of extra MBE practice through AdaptiBar, but my one big complaint about it is that the answer explanations aren’t very good. It’s a lot of money to spend for just a few more weeks of bar prep. If you want more MBE prep, I strongly recommend Emmanuel’s Strategies and Tactics for the MBE. With the exception of the civ pro questions, all the questions are from previous MBEs. The explanations accompanying each answer choice are incredibly thorough and much better than Adaptibar’s.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I never had the ability to do the traditional program when I prepared (I worked full time + lack of funds) but I heard nothing but positive things so when I was ready for my second bar I incorporated into my not so traditional program (amounted to using outlines I bought on craigslist and listning to BarMax lectures) it really made a big difference, I got through about 1300 questions and I really felt prepared.

I also have my GF as an example who used the BarBri program religiously but struggled mightly going with a 122 and then a 125, the third time around she used Adaptibar and though she didnt complete the program (she did a bit over 1,000 of the 1,750 available) but saw her score jump to 135 the third time. The only substantive difference was using Adaptibar.

I endorse using real questions and then practicing in a methodical way - using the question, then reviewing each question (right or wrong) to learn. Doing as many as you can (that doesnt mean 100 a day, but 20 to 50 can be doable and really totals up to a lot in the end). Granted, Adaptibar isnt the only place to get them (BarMax has them, can but from the NCBE and likely other places) but it does a great job of tracking progress so you can identify your weak subtopic areas for further review (in whatever way works for you - outlines, lectures, flashcards).

Doing so many questions definitely leads to a familiarity with styles and identifying how questions can be formed - I almost felt like it was a "game" I was mastering.

At this point - really a max of like 16 days to do questions you would have to be honest about how many you can get through - if you are studying full time then it is possible to knock out 1,000 (doing 100 a day or so) but if you are only going to do a few, then its like setting money on fire.

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:58 pm

I am doing Barbri and have also purchased Adaptibar. I like Adaptibar (the app is also good for when you're just laying in bed and want to practice questions). To be honest, I haven't made as much use of it as I hoped. I'm keeping up with Barbri (only 1-2% off all of the assigned work) but just don't have a lot of extra time to do Adaptibar. I've only done about 300+ questions on there but I feel like it has still been a helpful supplement. The practice exam mode is cool. You can pick a number of questions and topics and do a mini exam. I think it is worthwhile. Wish I had more time for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”