Feb. 2018 Themis

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 am

Respondeat_Inferior wrote:Corps & partnerships is such horseshit, here let me apply the same small handful of rules 50 times in a row in the same fucking essay.


The worst. It seems so simple, and I'll think "K... I've got this" and then every model answer is some beautiful prose that is nowhere as repetitive as my answer. Does not leave me feeling assured, lol. I'm also totally banking on the JD Advising Predictions because they have been so accurate the past few administrations, so I think we'll definitely see corps.

PSK_246

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby PSK_246 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 pm

A corps essay question will boil down to one of four primary issues: promoter liability, derivative actions, fiduciary duties, and ultra vires acts/did Corp follow the rules. You may have an agency theme pop up in there too. In addition, just know the jurisdictional rules from corps from MBE CivPro and you should be good to go.

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:13 pm

PSK_246 wrote:A corps essay question will boil down to one of four primary issues: promoter liability, derivative actions, fiduciary duties, and ultra vires acts/did Corp follow the rules. You may have an agency theme pop up in there too. In addition, just know the jurisdictional rules from corps from MBE CivPro and you should be good to go.


It definitely gets easier once you work through them. Just not enough hours in the day, haha.

One thing someone recently mentioned to me is that you can identify the best remedy based upon:

- if question goes to % of shares (i.e. dissenting shareholder owns 20%) --> think: involuntary dissolution

- if question goes to fundamental corp. change that shareholder dissents from/shareholder wants to be bought out b/c they don't like something that's going on --> think: appraisal rights

- if question turns to action brought by shareholders on behalf of corp. due to fraud, negligence, etc. --> obviously, derivative

This seems elementary, but I was having problems identifying the best remedy available to min. shareholders in diff. situations and I found this helpful.

MakeItEnd2018

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby MakeItEnd2018 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Information overload. There's way too much going on here. Anyone else find that the essay questions are broad/vague? It throws me off a little.
I am so uncomfortable with writing these essays. It seems that my main problem is funneling down to the exact rule and not knowing how much to write. Anyone else having similar experience?

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:54 pm

Okay, I read a decent chunk of posts and while some people have made good suggestions, i just wanted to interject. I was a Rep for another big bar prep company in law school and then switched to themis because I felt it was a better program for me. That said, many of the programs do try to make their questions more difficult than those that you will find on the Bar Exam, and grader inconsistency is obviously a problem. Every essay grader is supposed to go by a certain rubric but let's face it; we're all human, and some graders may or will be harsher than others. Just do your due diligence and what works FOR YOU, and you will be fine. The worst thing you could do right now is psych yourself out. You have 19 long days to review and continue to push forward. If you want tips or tricks or if you are a visual learner and/or like charts or diagrams, feel free to check out my website, it's all free. Remember that there are many way to pass - I talk a bit about it here: (https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/02/06 ... me-advice/). But also, whether people say it is crazy or not, whether it works for other people or not, whether it conforms to the specific formula of your bar prep company or not, what matters is that your study techniques work for YOU. I would pace reading rule sheets or flashcards to myself, recorded myself when I was going into areas I didn't understand so that if I had a flash of insight or just wanted to make things move faster, I'd record them and then listen and write the rule statement down. I also had more like remembering my own mnemonics acronyms, phrases, etc. and I recall some - maybe over half - to this day.

RE THE MEE PORTION: All I want to say is that I got 3's on most of my essays with Themis and on the Bar most of them were in the 50's/5 point range. If you are very concerned, I would recommend going to your state bar website and looking at old exams and accepted student answers. Most likely, your state will disclaim that they are not to be viewed as model answers, but it shows you what one must do (at least their minimum standard) to pass/get the points necessary for the MEE portion. Similarly, you can pay 20 bucks for instant downloads from NCBEX like the Essay Writing Professor suggested in his initial lecture if I recall correctly. Those (I believe) ARE model answers - trust me, if you get them and read them, you'll agree and be able to tell that they are - and also show you the % each issue or question is worth, etc. If you want to do that, go to http://store.ncbex.org/mee/ (that is a direct link to the MEE part of the NCBE's study aids, but you will also see that they have things for MBE, MPT's, etc.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.

User avatar
Respondeat_Inferior

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:03 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Respondeat_Inferior » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 am

Anyone else do the mock MBE today? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL question 150, if you got that right and you weren't just tossing a dart in a pitch black room let me know how you worked your way through that noise.

PSK_246

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:59 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby PSK_246 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am

Small sample size obviously but anyone think the NCBE-released 10 MBE CivPro questions were easier than what we see on Themis? Link is here: http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F16

Themis seems to have a lot of questions on timeliness of things, which seems ultra-specific and I'm hoping the MBE is a little different and more like the sample questions. Anyone have experience on 2015 and later MBEs and can speak about the frequency of CivPro timing questions on the test?

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 am

PSK_246 wrote:Small sample size obviously but anyone think the NCBE-released 10 MBE CivPro questions were easier than what we see on Themis? Link is here: http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F16

Themis seems to have a lot of questions on timeliness of things, which seems ultra-specific and I'm hoping the MBE is a little different and more like the sample questions. Anyone have experience on 2015 and later MBEs and can speak about the frequency of CivPro timing questions on the test?


I sat for the July 2017 exam. Nearly all of the Civ Pro questions had to do w/ pleadings and timeliness. It seems the MBE is leaning away from more traditional civ pro testing areas like Erie.

Neilt001

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Neilt001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:
Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


That is very reassuring! Let's just say I'm definitely not one of those 6%. I like your pointers.

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Neilt001 wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:
Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


That is very reassuring! Let's just say I'm definitely not one of those 6%. I like your pointers.


Hang in there. The poll is still open because I forgot to send a close date so if you want to see, but right now 68% are at or below the 45-65 range of completion or lower, or chose "don't want to talk about it." Hang in there, you can do this and I guarantee you remember or know more than you feel you do.

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:16 pm

PSK_246 wrote:Small sample size obviously but anyone think the NCBE-released 10 MBE CivPro questions were easier than what we see on Themis? Link is here: http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ument%2F16

Themis seems to have a lot of questions on timeliness of things, which seems ultra-specific and I'm hoping the MBE is a little different and more like the sample questions. Anyone have experience on 2015 and later MBEs and can speak about the frequency of CivPro timing questions on the test?


See my above comment on CP

KeepPushing1234

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:23 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby KeepPushing1234 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:Okay, I read a decent chunk of posts and while some people have made good suggestions, i just wanted to interject. I was a Rep for another big bar prep company in law school and then switched to themis because I felt it was a better program for me. That said, many of the programs do try to make their questions more difficult than those that you will find on the Bar Exam, and grader inconsistency is obviously a problem. Every essay grader is supposed to go by a certain rubric but let's face it; we're all human, and some graders may or will be harsher than others. Just do your due diligence and what works FOR YOU, and you will be fine. The worst thing you could do right now is psych yourself out. You have 19 long days to review and continue to push forward. If you want tips or tricks or if you are a visual learner and/or like charts or diagrams, feel free to check out my website, it's all free. Remember that there are many way to pass - I talk a bit about it here: (https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/02/06 ... me-advice/). But also, whether people say it is crazy or not, whether it works for other people or not, whether it conforms to the specific formula of your bar prep company or not, what matters is that your study techniques work for YOU. I would pace reading rule sheets or flashcards to myself, recorded myself when I was going into areas I didn't understand so that if I had a flash of insight or just wanted to make things move faster, I'd record them and then listen and write the rule statement down. I also had more like remembering my own mnemonics acronyms, phrases, etc. and I recall some - maybe over half - to this day.

RE THE MEE PORTION: All I want to say is that I got 3's on most of my essays with Themis and on the Bar most of them were in the 50's/5 point range. If you are very concerned, I would recommend going to your state bar website and looking at old exams and accepted student answers. Most likely, your state will disclaim that they are not to be viewed as model answers, but it shows you what one must do (at least their minimum standard) to pass/get the points necessary for the MEE portion. Similarly, you can pay 20 bucks for instant downloads from NCBEX like the Essay Writing Professor suggested in his initial lecture if I recall correctly. Those (I believe) ARE model answers - trust me, if you get them and read them, you'll agree and be able to tell that they are - and also show you the % each issue or question is worth, etc. If you want to do that, go to http://store.ncbex.org/mee/ (that is a direct link to the MEE part of the NCBE's study aids, but you will also see that they have things for MBE, MPT's, etc.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


thank you for this insight,...extremely helpful :)

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

KeepPushing1234 wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:Okay, I read a decent chunk of posts and while some people have made good suggestions, i just wanted to interject. I was a Rep for another big bar prep company in law school and then switched to themis because I felt it was a better program for me. That said, many of the programs do try to make their questions more difficult than those that you will find on the Bar Exam, and grader inconsistency is obviously a problem. Every essay grader is supposed to go by a certain rubric but let's face it; we're all human, and some graders may or will be harsher than others. Just do your due diligence and what works FOR YOU, and you will be fine. The worst thing you could do right now is psych yourself out. You have 19 long days to review and continue to push forward. If you want tips or tricks or if you are a visual learner and/or like charts or diagrams, feel free to check out my website, it's all free. Remember that there are many way to pass - I talk a bit about it here: (https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/02/06 ... me-advice/). But also, whether people say it is crazy or not, whether it works for other people or not, whether it conforms to the specific formula of your bar prep company or not, what matters is that your study techniques work for YOU. I would pace reading rule sheets or flashcards to myself, recorded myself when I was going into areas I didn't understand so that if I had a flash of insight or just wanted to make things move faster, I'd record them and then listen and write the rule statement down. I also had more like remembering my own mnemonics acronyms, phrases, etc. and I recall some - maybe over half - to this day.

RE THE MEE PORTION: All I want to say is that I got 3's on most of my essays with Themis and on the Bar most of them were in the 50's/5 point range. If you are very concerned, I would recommend going to your state bar website and looking at old exams and accepted student answers. Most likely, your state will disclaim that they are not to be viewed as model answers, but it shows you what one must do (at least their minimum standard) to pass/get the points necessary for the MEE portion. Similarly, you can pay 20 bucks for instant downloads from NCBEX like the Essay Writing Professor suggested in his initial lecture if I recall correctly. Those (I believe) ARE model answers - trust me, if you get them and read them, you'll agree and be able to tell that they are - and also show you the % each issue or question is worth, etc. If you want to do that, go to http://store.ncbex.org/mee/ (that is a direct link to the MEE part of the NCBE's study aids, but you will also see that they have things for MBE, MPT's, etc.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


thank you for this insight,...extremely helpful :)


Any time - go on and kill it!

Neilt001

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Neilt001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:03 pm

kc128 wrote:
In NY, the median essay score is a 50.


Question about that. Assuming a pass is a 66%, does that mean the median is a failing grade? Also do you know what the average is? Also Themis grades me out of 6 so doesn't this mean NY is graded on a 6 point scale (with 4 being your target)?

Thanks!

Neilt001

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Neilt001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

kc128 wrote:
Respondeat_Inferior wrote:Corps & partnerships is such horseshit, here let me apply the same small handful of rules 50 times in a row in the same fucking essay.


The worst. It seems so simple, and I'll think "K... I've got this" and then every model answer is some beautiful prose that is nowhere as repetitive as my answer. Does not leave me feeling assured, lol. I'm also totally banking on the JD Advising Predictions because they have been so accurate the past few administrations, so I think we'll definitely see corps.



Agreed! You think you're getting a handle on the big MBE subjects, and then corps creeps up and you literally have no idea what you're doing. For me, wills/estates, trusts and conflict of laws are the worst. Don't know how I'm gonna be able to write passing answers for those. :|

MakeItEnd2018

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby MakeItEnd2018 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:Okay, I read a decent chunk of posts and while some people have made good suggestions, i just wanted to interject. I was a Rep for another big bar prep company in law school and then switched to themis because I felt it was a better program for me. That said, many of the programs do try to make their questions more difficult than those that you will find on the Bar Exam, and grader inconsistency is obviously a problem. Every essay grader is supposed to go by a certain rubric but let's face it; we're all human, and some graders may or will be harsher than others. Just do your due diligence and what works FOR YOU, and you will be fine. The worst thing you could do right now is psych yourself out. You have 19 long days to review and continue to push forward. If you want tips or tricks or if you are a visual learner and/or like charts or diagrams, feel free to check out my website, it's all free. Remember that there are many way to pass - I talk a bit about it here: (https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/02/06 ... me-advice/). But also, whether people say it is crazy or not, whether it works for other people or not, whether it conforms to the specific formula of your bar prep company or not, what matters is that your study techniques work for YOU. I would pace reading rule sheets or flashcards to myself, recorded myself when I was going into areas I didn't understand so that if I had a flash of insight or just wanted to make things move faster, I'd record them and then listen and write the rule statement down. I also had more like remembering my own mnemonics acronyms, phrases, etc. and I recall some - maybe over half - to this day.

RE THE MEE PORTION: All I want to say is that I got 3's on most of my essays with Themis and on the Bar most of them were in the 50's/5 point range. If you are very concerned, I would recommend going to your state bar website and looking at old exams and accepted student answers. Most likely, your state will disclaim that they are not to be viewed as model answers, but it shows you what one must do (at least their minimum standard) to pass/get the points necessary for the MEE portion. Similarly, you can pay 20 bucks for instant downloads from NCBEX like the Essay Writing Professor suggested in his initial lecture if I recall correctly. Those (I believe) ARE model answers - trust me, if you get them and read them, you'll agree and be able to tell that they are - and also show you the % each issue or question is worth, etc. If you want to do that, go to http://store.ncbex.org/mee/ (that is a direct link to the MEE part of the NCBE's study aids, but you will also see that they have things for MBE, MPT's, etc.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


Thanks for this!
The difference between released past MEE answers and the NCBEX downloads is that NCBEX shows you the breakdown of % of each issue? Are these real answers from past exam takers? Are the answers released by the board examiners answers from past exam takers or are those just model answers written by the law examiners?

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:26 pm

MakeItEnd2018 wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:Okay, I read a decent chunk of posts and while some people have made good suggestions, i just wanted to interject. I was a Rep for another big bar prep company in law school and then switched to themis because I felt it was a better program for me. That said, many of the programs do try to make their questions more difficult than those that you will find on the Bar Exam, and grader inconsistency is obviously a problem. Every essay grader is supposed to go by a certain rubric but let's face it; we're all human, and some graders may or will be harsher than others. Just do your due diligence and what works FOR YOU, and you will be fine. The worst thing you could do right now is psych yourself out. You have 19 long days to review and continue to push forward. If you want tips or tricks or if you are a visual learner and/or like charts or diagrams, feel free to check out my website, it's all free. Remember that there are many way to pass - I talk a bit about it here: (https://blockbusterblawg.com/2018/02/06 ... me-advice/). But also, whether people say it is crazy or not, whether it works for other people or not, whether it conforms to the specific formula of your bar prep company or not, what matters is that your study techniques work for YOU. I would pace reading rule sheets or flashcards to myself, recorded myself when I was going into areas I didn't understand so that if I had a flash of insight or just wanted to make things move faster, I'd record them and then listen and write the rule statement down. I also had more like remembering my own mnemonics acronyms, phrases, etc. and I recall some - maybe over half - to this day.

RE THE MEE PORTION: All I want to say is that I got 3's on most of my essays with Themis and on the Bar most of them were in the 50's/5 point range. If you are very concerned, I would recommend going to your state bar website and looking at old exams and accepted student answers. Most likely, your state will disclaim that they are not to be viewed as model answers, but it shows you what one must do (at least their minimum standard) to pass/get the points necessary for the MEE portion. Similarly, you can pay 20 bucks for instant downloads from NCBEX like the Essay Writing Professor suggested in his initial lecture if I recall correctly. Those (I believe) ARE model answers - trust me, if you get them and read them, you'll agree and be able to tell that they are - and also show you the % each issue or question is worth, etc. If you want to do that, go to http://store.ncbex.org/mee/ (that is a direct link to the MEE part of the NCBE's study aids, but you will also see that they have things for MBE, MPT's, etc.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that you should not be freaking out. I recently did an anonymous poll and only ~6% of people that responded were feeling decent and had completed 85-100% of their respective program. A LOT of people are in the same boat, with the same worries. Keep powering through and do what is best for YOU and try to stay optimistic, it will help a great deal.


Thanks for this!
The difference between released past MEE answers and the NCBEX downloads is that NCBEX shows you the breakdown of % of each issue? Are these real answers from past exam takers? Are the answers released by the board examiners answers from past exam takers or are those just model answers written by the law examiners?


Always happy to help! With regard to your questions, I only ever purchased the MEE questions and answers but in answer to your questions, yes it shows the %breakdown of each issue; they are not real answers from students that took and passed, but are model analyses prepared by the NCBE itself. The only thing you need to remember and not freak out about is that they use citations frequently, whereas that isn't expected. However, I believe they cite because they also have other study aids and I just pulled up the download copy on my phone and it sounds like they do that to reference outlines (for those who may have bought theirs). So don't be freaked out by cites and or how properly written they are; they are excellent to see issues tested and the weight of them as well as providing solid rule statements and when read as a whole are also helpful to issue spotting. Specifically the preface states "the model
Analyses for the MEE are illustrative of discussions that might appear in EXCELLENT answers to the questions. They are provided to user jurisdictions to assist GRADERS in grading the examination. They address ALL legal and factual issues the drafters intended to raise in the questions." (Caps emphasis my own).

So I mean, I personally found them helpful but I also did take a hot minute to look at my states freely available passing answers which are expressly disclaimed as not model answers but answers that had a passing grade. The latter do not have a point breakdown and you won't know how the specific person scored but it's helpful to look at both sources and see what they look for and what you can pass with absent a perfect answer.

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Has anyone completed/reviewed the last few sets of Evidence questions? I'm totally confused b/c EV was one of my highest scores on the simulated, but these questions are killing me and seem obscure. Anyone in the same boat?

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 pm

kc128 wrote:Has anyone completed/reviewed the last few sets of Evidence questions? I'm totally confused b/c EV was one of my highest scores on the simulated, but these questions are killing me and seem obscure. Anyone in the same boat?


Is it possible/have you noticed whether they are disproportionately based on areas you are weak in? I remember speaking to my themis director about something similar and while it was not this cycle, she did tell me the 1st two question sets of every topic are the same for everyone but later sets can be randomized, possibly focus on your weak points. However if you are concerned still, I would reach out to them (calls seem better than their messaging system in my experience) and see if you can't discover what is going on.

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:55 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:
kc128 wrote:Has anyone completed/reviewed the last few sets of Evidence questions? I'm totally confused b/c EV was one of my highest scores on the simulated, but these questions are killing me and seem obscure. Anyone in the same boat?


Is it possible/have you noticed whether they are disproportionately based on areas you are weak in? I remember speaking to my themis director about something similar and while it was not this cycle, she did tell me the 1st two question sets of every topic are the same for everyone but later sets can be randomized, possibly focus on your weak points. However if you are concerned still, I would reach out to them (calls seem better than their messaging system in my experience) and see if you can't discover what is going on.


Thanks, all good advice. They just seem particularly nuanced. I've never heard of the sets differing like that, but that's efficient, if accurate.

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:08 pm

kc128 wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:
kc128 wrote:Has anyone completed/reviewed the last few sets of Evidence questions? I'm totally confused b/c EV was one of my highest scores on the simulated, but these questions are killing me and seem obscure. Anyone in the same boat?


Is it possible/have you noticed whether they are disproportionately based on areas you are weak in? I remember speaking to my themis director about something similar and while it was not this cycle, she did tell me the 1st two question sets of every topic are the same for everyone but later sets can be randomized, possibly focus on your weak points. However if you are concerned still, I would reach out to them (calls seem better than their messaging system in my experience) and see if you can't discover what is going on.


Thanks, all good advice. They just seem particularly nuanced. I've never heard of the sets differing like that, but that's efficient, if accurate.


Yeah I mean that's what I would hope would be the cause/makes the most sense, but it can't hurt to reach out to them because as I said, that wasn't this cycle and if I recall they have a quizbuilderr which I didn't use much but I thought that was kind of the purpose behind their quiz builder(?) Just don't panic, especially not right now. If what I was told is not or is no longer accurate, just let it roll off your shoulders and keep going because everyone has their off moments and if it's been a strong topic for you previously, I wouldn't panic just yet. Or at all, it's a crapshoot what you'll answer on exam day.

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby kc128 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:
kc128 wrote:
ubebarstudying wrote:
kc128 wrote:Has anyone completed/reviewed the last few sets of Evidence questions? I'm totally confused b/c EV was one of my highest scores on the simulated, but these questions are killing me and seem obscure. Anyone in the same boat?


Is it possible/have you noticed whether they are disproportionately based on areas you are weak in? I remember speaking to my themis director about something similar and while it was not this cycle, she did tell me the 1st two question sets of every topic are the same for everyone but later sets can be randomized, possibly focus on your weak points. However if you are concerned still, I would reach out to them (calls seem better than their messaging system in my experience) and see if you can't discover what is going on.


Thanks, all good advice. They just seem particularly nuanced. I've never heard of the sets differing like that, but that's efficient, if accurate.


Yeah I mean that's what I would hope would be the cause/makes the most sense, but it can't hurt to reach out to them because as I said, that wasn't this cycle and if I recall they have a quizbuilderr which I didn't use much but I thought that was kind of the purpose behind their quiz builder(?) Just don't panic, especially not right now. If what I was told is not or is no longer accurate, just let it roll off your shoulders and keep going because everyone has their off moments and if it's been a strong topic for you previously, I wouldn't panic just yet. Or at all, it's a crapshoot what you'll answer on exam day.


Thanks!!

Chk05

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Chk05 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:57 am

Has anyone done the Corp essay about bylaws amendments on Themis? Umm, what???

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby ubebarstudying » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 am

Chk05 wrote:Has anyone done the Corp essay about bylaws amendments on Themis? Umm, what???


Do you know the question ID or anything? Bar courses by necessity and due to administering twice a year do tend to repeat questions and my practice essays from when I took Themis is in a binder somewhere in my house. Is it that it was difficult or are you surprised and confused by what the sample answer is?

Chk05

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 am

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Postby Chk05 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:00 am

ubebarstudying wrote:
Chk05 wrote:Has anyone done the Corp essay about bylaws amendments on Themis? Umm, what???


Do you know the question ID or anything? Bar courses by necessity and due to administering twice a year do tend to repeat questions and my practice essays from when I took Themis is in a binder somewhere in my house. Is it that it was difficult or are you surprised and confused by what the sample answer is?


Question ID: 3406 Surprised by the model answer, calls 1 & 2 specifically. ... Never saw an essay like that before and definitely not a typical Corp essay.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawlurk and 7 guests