JD Advising/MEE Seminar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rkreymer

Bronze

JD Advising/MEE Seminar

Post by rkreymer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Is it a good idea? Is it worth it?
It's approximately two weeks prior to the bar exam and it goes over the highly-tested areas of law as well as predictions for which topics will be coming up. TIA

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Re: JD Advising/MEE Seminar

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 am

I did this before the February 2017 UBE. I was working full time and taking the UBE for the first time and was anxious about learning all of the new essay topics. While it wasn't cheap by any means, it was very helpful. I had attempted to review all of the topics at least briefly before the seminar so I has a background in them because the seminar doesn't teach you the BLL of every subject. It shows patterns and predictions of essay and sub essay topics. The handout they mail you beforehand is really well done. It's written in plain English and color coded so that you can make strategic decisions on which areas to focus with limited study time left. I emailed follow up questions after the seminar and the instructor got back to me quickly. I found it very helpful overall and the predictions were really strong. Of course you can't solely rely on predictions but if a company is going to analyze decades' worth of material, it's obviously more thorough than any of us can do.

rkreymer

Bronze

Post by rkreymer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks, I also think it's a good review, if anything else, before the exam.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:57 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I did this before the February 2017 UBE. I was working full time and taking the UBE for the first time and was anxious about learning all of the new essay topics. While it wasn't cheap by any means, it was very helpful. I had attempted to review all of the topics at least briefly before the seminar so I has a background in them because the seminar doesn't teach you the BLL of every subject. It shows patterns and predictions of essay and sub essay topics. The handout they mail you beforehand is really well done. It's written in plain English and color coded so that you can make strategic decisions on which areas to focus with limited study time left. I emailed follow up questions after the seminar and the instructor got back to me quickly. I found it very helpful overall and the predictions were really strong. Of course you can't solely rely on predictions but if a company is going to analyze decades' worth of material, it's obviously more thorough than any of us can do.
Did the handout contain more BLL than the One Sheets?

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:51 am

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:I did this before the February 2017 UBE. I was working full time and taking the UBE for the first time and was anxious about learning all of the new essay topics. While it wasn't cheap by any means, it was very helpful. I had attempted to review all of the topics at least briefly before the seminar so I has a background in them because the seminar doesn't teach you the BLL of every subject. It shows patterns and predictions of essay and sub essay topics. The handout they mail you beforehand is really well done. It's written in plain English and color coded so that you can make strategic decisions on which areas to focus with limited study time left. I emailed follow up questions after the seminar and the instructor got back to me quickly. I found it very helpful overall and the predictions were really strong. Of course you can't solely rely on predictions but if a company is going to analyze decades' worth of material, it's obviously more thorough than any of us can do.
Hi did you take the MBE seminar by any chance? I am a repeater, and would love to know. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

myrtlewinston wrote:
Did the handout contain more BLL than the One Sheets?
I didn't buy the company's one sheets, so I'm not sure. I'd assume that it's a bit more thorough within the particular topics and sub topics because they're predicting those as the highly tested areas. It definitely can't be used as a substitute to learn the BLL, but what it did cover was thorough enough to answer a question in full.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:18 am

pvnyc wrote:
Hi did you take the MBE seminar by any chance? I am a repeater, and would love to know. Thanks!
I didn't. I self studied and used Emanuel's, Critical Pass, and Adaptibar for MBE practice. That was enough for me.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
I didn't. I self studied and used Emanuel's, Critical Pass, and Adaptibar for MBE practice. That was enough for me.
What did you study from for the MEE?

The MEE seminar is full.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:20 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
What did you study from for the MEE?

The MEE seminar is full.
Bummer that it's full. I used the Rigos MEE book. I highly recommend it. I read it cover to cover and felt I had enough info on each of the subjects to at least get some points on every question posed. The 2018 version is about $90 with Amazon Prime.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 am

Thanks! The JD Advising says that the seminar is full, but I clicked on “purchase” and purchased.

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Hey I see you recommend the JD advising MEE Seminar that you took in Feb 17, but you failed the Feb 17 bar? was your MEE score good? asking because I am a repeater considering the MEE seminar. I don't see any one else suggesting it so thats worrysome.. thanks and congrats on being sworn in!

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm

JD28 wrote:

Hey I see you recommend the JD advising MEE Seminar that you took in Feb 17, but you failed the Feb 17 bar? was your MEE score good? asking because I am a repeater considering the MEE seminar. I don't see any one else suggesting it so thats worrysome.. thanks and congrats on being sworn in!
Hey, no I didn't fail the February 2017 UBE. I just keep monitoring these forums sometimes because my boyfriend is taking the February 2018 UBE. I passed with a comfortable margin. The MEE seminer was good for me. I self-studied and it helped me feel a bit more at ease and give me a chance to ask an expert some questions. Good luck!

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:
JD28 wrote:

Hey, no I didn't fail the February 2017 UBE. I just keep monitoring these forums sometimes because my boyfriend is taking the February 2018 UBE. I passed with a comfortable margin. The MEE seminer was good for me. I self-studied and it helped me feel a bit more at ease and give me a chance to ask an expert some questions. Good luck!

ohh that makes sense. That is good to hear. thank you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:53 pm

Hey- I passed the UBE with a 287... highly recommend Studicata... here is a link to check it out ! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... AiZnb6rIEr

JD28

New

Post by JD28 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Hey- I passed the UBE with a 287... highly recommend Studicata... here is a link to check it out ! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... AiZnb6rIEr

Tiffany2018

New

Post by Tiffany2018 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 pm

I purchased the MEE onesheets ($170) and also purchased the MEE seminar-recorded version ($500). In my opinion they are about 80% the same outlines. DO NOT PURCHASE BOTH~IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME THING. (recorded recollection)

Having said that, I DO NOT recommend the MEE Seminar. The lady that conducted the seminar LITERALLY read over the MEE seminar guide/onesheets even though she told us in the beginning of the seminar that she was not going to be reading off the seminar guide (Impeach for untruthfulness),..... She did give some examples for difficult areas of law, but you can get that from the internet or through your standard study materials (extrinsic evidence). It does not quantify charging students, which have larges sums of debt to pay another $500 for a seminar guide, when you get the same outline in the onesheets.

Also, in the seminar, they try and predict specific topics in each subject and then give you the specific past NCBE essays to study from. Well, I did all the essays they told me to do and basically NONE of those essays/fact patters were on the ACTUAL JULY 2018 UBE exam. I paid you $500 to at least help me out 50% . The ones they did predict, like corporations- duty of care/loyalty, is a given since there are few areas of issues to test on.

AS I stated, I DO NOT recommend the MEE seminar, it did not help prepare or predict the subject topics for the actual UBE Exam. I was sucked into believing from their website that they have historically predicted the MEE subjects. Well, they predict over 10 subjects because they have two wildcard predicted subjects. So there is only about 4 topics left that they do not predict. So they really didn't predict much, they just left out 4 topics from a total of 14 topics. My pet chimpanzee can attain those odds too.

Anyways, I am writing this post to vent about how I lost $500 on the Seminar after they failed me on predicting the subject topic areas. If I don't pass the UBE, I will be even more pissed, but I will not know till October.

I feel robbed and fooled! (excited utterance) Buyer Beware! (Breach of implied warranty) On a side not the MEE sheets are worth it as a guide to see the general tested topics but it's just a roadmap and there are alot of areas that have been tested that were not included in the onesheets. Hope this helps people make a better informed decision than me because there is not much information about JD Advising Seminar on the internet.

Aspiretoesquire81

New

Post by Aspiretoesquire81 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Do Not DO NOT spend $500 on JD Advising MEE seminar. Waste of money!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough. Let me be duped enough for you!

J2018bar

New

Post by J2018bar » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:51 pm

I second this opinion. I actually don’t think JD advising is as effective. It’s a great way to try and save time, I think, but it has to be a UBE specific state and I just don’t think the hype is as real as they want to portray.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”