NYLE and MPRE at same time? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
supersplittysplitter

Bronze

NYLE and MPRE at same time?

Post by supersplittysplitter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but has anybody attempted (successfully) to take the MPRE and NYLE in the same month? This March the NYLE is 2 days before the MPRE, so I am debating whether I should try to knock them both out at once, or if it is better to take the NYLE on June 14. I obviously don't want the NYLE to interfere with bar prep (which I guess turns on how much study time is required for the NYLE).

Toubro

Bronze

Re: NYLE and MPRE at same time?

Post by Toubro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm

The NYLE doesn't need any prep time - it will only interfere with your schedule for the 2 or 3 hours on the day of the test. It's probably best to get it out of the way earlier. Also, if something untoward happens (software malfunction, etc) then you'll have another shot in the summer.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:37 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but has anybody attempted (successfully) to take the MPRE and NYLE in the same month? This March the NYLE is 2 days before the MPRE, so I am debating whether I should try to knock them both out at once, or if it is better to take the NYLE on June 14. I obviously don't want the NYLE to interfere with bar prep (which I guess turns on how much study time is required for the NYLE).
Have you completed all of the video lectures for the NYLE? I had to do those during bar prep and for that reason would suggest you get it out of the way while you can.

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm

supersplittysplitter wrote:Obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but has anybody attempted (successfully) to take the MPRE and NYLE in the same month? This March the NYLE is 2 days before the MPRE, so I am debating whether I should try to knock them both out at once, or if it is better to take the NYLE on June 14. I obviously don't want the NYLE to interfere with bar prep (which I guess turns on how much study time is required for the NYLE).
The MPRE requires studying, but it's nowhere near as hard as the bar. As far as the NYLE, simply print out the PDF, skim it for about an hour on the day before the exam, and have it ready when you take the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”