February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sixwordsblue

New

February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Post by sixwordsblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 am

I'm a Pro Bono Scholar taking the bar in February. We were offered first selection of seats for the New York bar and I just wanted to give everyone the heads up and let you know I got the email right around 9am today. Be on the lookout in the coming day or two so you don't get locked out of your preferred location with the new rules!

sashafierce

Bronze

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Post by sashafierce » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:38 am

Thank you!!! :D

meat tornado

New

Post by meat tornado » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:39 am

You're the best! Thanks so much for this -- I was expecting the email next week

sixwordsblue

New

Post by sixwordsblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am

No problem! See all the NYCers at the Armory!

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:48 pm

sixwordsblue wrote:No problem! See all the NYCers at the Armory!
Armory sucks! Better off taking it in Albany. No place to stay during break in the cold at the Armory, was completely miserable for me at least even though NYC is the closest to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:59 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
Armory sucks! Better off taking it in Albany. No place to stay during break in the cold at the Armory, was completely miserable for me at least even though NYC is the closest to me.
I am going to pack up snacks for me... Armory does have a place where you can sit... the bleachers around the track. You can take your belongings at the bleachers.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:49 pm

pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
I am going to pack up snacks for me... Armory does have a place where you can sit... the bleachers around the track. You can take your belongings at the bleachers.
That's what I did too. I stood outside for a few mins (cold air felt refreshing) and ate. You can walk in and out of the building, they just won't let you gather/sit in the lobby area.

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm

pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
I guess, Albany was a great change for me. Maybe because I went to college there or it was just calmer

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm

kc128 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
That's what I did too. I stood outside for a few mins (cold air felt refreshing) and ate. You can walk in and out of the building, they just won't let you gather/sit in the lobby area.
Outside the building, the area is horrendous. Went to McDonalds almost got shot. lmao :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:52 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
kc128 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
Outside the building, the area is horrendous. Went to McDonalds almost got shot. lmao :lol:
Okay, it's not THAT bad. I wouldn't linger around at night, but so long as you're right outside, it's fine.

sixwordsblue

New

Post by sixwordsblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
K.

bretby

Bronze

Post by bretby » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
kc128 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
That is not true at all - it's fine. For people who haven't been there, don't listen to that clown.

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 pm

bretby wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
kc128 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
That is not true at all - it's fine. For people who haven't been there, don't listen to that clown.
^^

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bcohen226

New

Post by bcohen226 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 am

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
kc128 wrote:
pvnyc wrote:
gladiator0flaw11 wrote:
Pre-ordering lunch is probably the best bet at Armory. I noticed they posted the links to do that the other day.

Jayhawker10

New

Post by Jayhawker10 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 am

Just received the location email. White Plains is already filled.

brit_dxb

New

Post by brit_dxb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 am

I received my seat location email at 9:16am and NYC was still there! Even though I clicked the link a couple of minutes after receiving and then hesitated a bit going back and forth between NYC and Albany. I picked NYC in the end. Not keen on Armory but didn't fancy the long commute to Albany. Who else is confirmed for Armory?

ilikemanipedis

New

Post by ilikemanipedis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Still waiting on the email.... :x

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Post by gladiator0flaw11 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 am

brit_dxb wrote:I received my seat location email at 9:16am and NYC was still there! Even though I clicked the link a couple of minutes after receiving and then hesitated a bit going back and forth between NYC and Albany. I picked NYC in the end. Not keen on Armory but didn't fancy the long commute to Albany. Who else is confirmed for Armory?
Armory was the worst experience of my life, especially the area during lunch break. Well worth the commute to a calmer setting in Albany IMO.

IwiLLdoIt

New

Post by IwiLLdoIt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 pm

Reside closer to NYC, but I clicked on the link at 9:32am and the only option was Albany or Buffalo. Took an exam at Armory and it was horrible. Can anyone elaborate on the preordering of lunch? How does that work?

pvnyc

Bronze

Post by pvnyc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 pm

taking the exam again at armory. westchester was not an option. At least I know what to expect in terms of the venue and will bring my own food (pack some snacks) and take all of my stuff to the bleachers.

It helps to keep some food in your gallon sized bag. I put some cereal in (was eating it throughout the exam which sort of helped if you are not sitting between 2 people)

Does anyone have a MacBook pro? If you are using the new exam soft software for the exam, did you do the latest update on your MacBook-- I think its a software update.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 pm

If you're coming in from out of town to the Armory, what hotels do people suggest? Online all I really see is a few sub par hotels in the Bronx or nicer hotels in NJ --- but that would require driving and parking isn't really an option at the test site.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kc128

Bronze

Post by kc128 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:If you're coming in from out of town to the Armory, what hotels do people suggest? Online all I really see is a few sub par hotels in the Bronx or nicer hotels in NJ --- but that would require driving and parking isn't really an option at the test site.
There's a garage not far from the Armory, but that personally seems like a pain to me. Personally, I would not stay in the area either. I would look into hotels on the upper east/west side and get a cab (probably $30 per day), but super convenient. If you're not familiar with any of these areas, you can get a cab in 2-3 minutes around 7am, or you can request your hotel call one in advance for you.

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Lawyerinwaiting89 wrote:If you're coming in from out of town to the Armory, what hotels do people suggest? Online all I really see is a few sub par hotels in the Bronx or nicer hotels in NJ --- but that would require driving and parking isn't really an option at the test site.
Hotel in UWS and a taxi/subway to Armory.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 am

msummer wrote:
Thank you! That's what I am going to tell my boyfriend to do.

Lawyerinwaiting89

Bronze

Post by Lawyerinwaiting89 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 am

msummer wrote:
Thanks! Great advice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”