Crime procedure/evidence Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Yankees1313

New

Crime procedure/evidence

Post by Yankees1313 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:54 am

Is it necessary to take these classes for the bar? Or any particular classes for that matter or will they all be covered extensively on barbri?

mcmand

Silver

Re: Crime procedure/evidence

Post by mcmand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:26 am

They are covered by barbri. It never hurts to take a class so you're familiar with the subject though. If you're going to do corporate work, then maybe not.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

They'll be covered extensively in your bar prep. However, I'd recommend that you take them anyway, as well as classes for other subjects found on your state's bar. You'll get a good foundation for the topic and it won't look brand new. And it'll save time with having to learn and reinforce certain topics.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:05 pm

crimpro's interesting. evidence is not. neither are necessary for passing the bar.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Eh, evidence is kind of hard to pick up on the fly (though it's also actually very interesting). People who didn't take it in law school struggled a lot with it during bar prep.

That said, you don't need to take anything for the bar, as your prep course will cover what you need to know. If you have no other reason to choose between courses, then go ahead and take what's going to be on the bar, but if you have other courses you'd rather take, take those.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Definitely take Evidence. I actually think it might be the trickiest subject tested on the MBE, and it's not one you'll want to learn in the short amount of time you'll have to prepare for the bar exam along with all the other subjects!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

BuddyHoller

Bronze

Post by BuddyHoller » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:45 pm

I didn’t take either and managed well enough with just Barbri. I picked up CrimPro pretty easily, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I did very poorly on evidence on the MBE. So even though it all worked out in retrospect I might have taken evidence and stressed over it a little less.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Definitely recommend evidence. Agree you can probably memorize the crim pro stuff through your bar prep course. Evidence will be useful if you ever come anywhere near litigation. Also if you want to annoy your friends every time you watch Law & Order with them.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yankees1313

New

Post by Yankees1313 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 am

My situation is that it is between taking Sec Reg or evidence and the only reason I would be taking evidence is for the bar. My reasoning for taking Sec Reg is because I will be in Corp law after law school and I think it may be helpful for my career. But, if evidence will be difficult on the bar if I don't take it, then that might be a problem. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”