Potential C and F issues. NY bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nybarcand2017

New

Potential C and F issues. NY bar

Post by nybarcand2017 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 am

So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Potential C and F issues. NY bar

Post by Nebby » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:54 am

Won't be an issue

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:05 am

Nebby wrote:Won't be an issue
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSSS

New

Post by LSSS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:41 pm

nybarcand2017 wrote:So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.
You're fine.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:06 pm

nybarcand2017 wrote:So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.
Your law school didn’t take any action, so I don’t see why C & F would. If you’re THAT worried about it, write a letter detailing your OP.

Not an issue. You’re good 8)

My $.02

Stalemated

New

Post by Stalemated » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 am

Just to reiterate, you're fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”