MBE practice Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
msummer

New

MBE practice

Post by msummer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:31 pm

How many que do you practice a day? Do you review each 4 answers for each que?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: MBE practice

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Last summer I did 50 per day average.

And I reviewed/studied all answer choices after each question.

I used Adaptibar for my MBE practice.

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:28 pm

msummer wrote:How many que do you practice a day? Do you review each 4 answers for each que?
REVIEW EVERY SINGLE ANSWER FOR EVERY SINGLE QUESTION. I cannot stress that enough.

If you're pressed for time, you could risk skipping the ones you get right (only if you know WHY they're right). However, review the explanatory answers for each question that you get wrong....EVERY SINGLE TIME.

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:07 am

Tony48 wrote:
msummer wrote:How many que do you practice a day? Do you review each 4 answers for each que?
REVIEW EVERY SINGLE ANSWER FOR EVERY SINGLE QUESTION. I cannot stress that enough.

If you're pressed for time, you could risk skipping the ones you get right (only if you know WHY they're right). However, review the explanatory answers for each question that you get wrong....EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Thank you. This is what i'm trying to do and it is, indeed, very helpful. However, it takes tons of time. what makes me wonder how ppl do and review 50 questions and answer (200 answers!) a day.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 pm

I think any more than 50 per day can actually be counter-productive. Each question teaches a rule of law that you'll need to apply to some future question. Far more effective than merely packing in quantity is to focus on the rule that was tested in any given question and to make sure to understand the rule enough so that you'll be able to apply it to a new set of facts!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:26 am

I think that 30 a day is more doable. 50 seems very ambitious especially if you are trying to keep up with the bar prep assignments and keep a steady pace going.

You do need to review all answers for all questions so it's more time consuming than you think.

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Neve wrote:I think that 30 a day is more doable. 50 seems very ambitious especially if you are trying to keep up with the bar prep assignments and keep a steady pace going.

You do need to review all answers for all questions so it's more time consuming than you think.

Thanks,
I have started with 30 questions and hopefully as time will pass i move to 50 questions a day

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:14 pm

50 is a lot but it's doable. you're less than 2 months out. you need to be doing 50 so you can get your stamina up.

supa_mitsu

New

Post by supa_mitsu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:25 pm

With Adaptibar, I do min 10/day up to 50 depending on how much of the stuff I have to study that day. Eventually, when I’ll be done with all the substantive law, I plan on doing something like half a day just questions and the other half just essays/PTs. In that case I would probably be able to to min 40/day. Also, I always review every (and add to my outlines) explanations of the ones I get wrong, including all answer choices (skimming the obvious wrong ones). If I get them right, I just skim quickly the explanation to make sure I got them right for the right reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”