Secured Transaction on the Feb 2018 exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
streetlawyer

New

Secured Transaction on the Feb 2018 exam

Post by streetlawyer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Only 72 days til the bar exam and I'm rocking and rolling. Finished reviewing all of the MBE subjects. Finished up most of the questions in the BarBri MBE practice book (the questions I didn't answer the first go round and the ones I did before again), starting on Adaptibar and the S&T book. Now I'm going over Secured Transaction for the essay part. >>>>>>CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PROMISE ME THAT IT WON'T BE ON THE EXAM!!!!<<<<<<<

i can put up with all the other subjects but I just can't stand this one. Does anyone have any prediction as to what the essays might be? Does anyone have any faith in these predictions (like the one from JD Advising). I sure would like to know.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Re: Secured Transaction on the Feb 2018 exam

Post by RCinDNA » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

I took a state bar this past summer and Secured Transactions was one of the MEE topics. It is one of my stronger topics so I would love to see it again, but for your purposes, I doubt it will be repeated so soon.

The Excellence in Law School website lists some predictions for the UBE and MEE: https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/f ... edictions/ & https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/f ... edictions/. I would not rely on them 100% but they were
spot on with their predictions for July 2017 though their predictions were not 100% correct in previous years.

Also, sorry - I can't promise anything. If it makes you feel better, SecTrans is really one of the easier subjects IMHO - it almost always is about first to file or perfect (priority of creditors) or creating a security interest. But I understand you - some subjects just don't "click" with people for whatever reason. I struggle with ConLaw and that subject just requires a massive mnemonic effort from me.

streetlawyer

New

Post by streetlawyer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 pm

RCinDNA wrote:I took a state bar this past summer and Secured Transactions was one of the MEE topics. It is one of my stronger topics so I would love to see it again, but for your purposes, I doubt it will be repeated so soon.
I just spent the last three days going over it and now I wish there really was a secured transaction essay on the February 2018 exam. It's so cool to start early, you get so much time to just look over things at your own pace, figure it out and realize that the monster isn't a fraction as scary as you thought it was. Whatever they throw at me this time around I'm ready

Respondeat_Inferior

New

Post by Respondeat_Inferior » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:18 pm

streetlawyer wrote:
RCinDNA wrote:I took a state bar this past summer and Secured Transactions was one of the MEE topics. It is one of my stronger topics so I would love to see it again, but for your purposes, I doubt it will be repeated so soon.
I just spent the last three days going over it and now I wish there really was a secured transaction essay on the February 2018 exam. It's so cool to start early, you get so much time to just look over things at your own pace, figure it out and realize that the monster isn't a fraction as scary as you thought it was. Whatever they throw at me this time around I'm ready
It's still pretty scary okay, there's too many damn things to remember for one damn question on the bar exam.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:34 pm

streetlawyer wrote:
Just keep practicing those practice essays so that you can lay out the responses almost verbatim. I would not say it is easy nor would I say you shouldn't be scared, but just think about how many random rules and exceptions you learn in a semester of law school (or had to teach yourself before a closed book final if you had a crappy law Prof.): you can do this. Just be smart, put the time in, and reinforce-reinforce-reinforce. Also, get some practice MEEs for those obscure subjects.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Respondeat_Inferior wrote:
streetlawyer wrote:
It's still pretty scary okay, there's too many damn things to remember for one damn question on the bar exam.
Freaking scary. I am hoping that it won’t be repeated, but I’ll learn it.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 pm

there's a p good rundown somewhere on TLS that was shared by (i forget which poster) as part of his "how to bs your way through a [blank] essay" series that helped me a bunch when i was studying for the bar. worth digging it up.

streetlawyer

New

Post by streetlawyer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm

pancakes3 wrote:there's a p good rundown somewhere on TLS that was shared by (i forget which poster) as part of his "how to bs your way through a [blank] essay" series that helped me a bunch when i was studying for the bar. worth digging it up.
I'm good now. I'm relying on Seperac's outline and it is amazing. I'm 48 days away from exam I've finished up my old BarBri junk that didn't work the first time but I believe that between Seperac, Adaptibar and studying 4 whole months instead of 2, I can get those last remaining 11 points that I need to pass (that's how much I failed by twice).

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 pm

^bingo

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”